Asleep but restless

For new mums, support, advice and guidance for this special adventure!

Asleep but restless

Postby belladonna » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:01 pm

Hi all!

My LO is 12 weeks old this Thursday and is breastfed, and I've just started to put him in a cot,beside my bed. He goes down around ten and usually sleeps till 3.30 or 4, has a feed, and then sleeps till half seven. Normally I would co sleep with him for the second part of the night, but I've stopped this last few nights. He has a soother. Since he has been in the cot he is restless - not awake, but fussing and spitting out the soother. I know this is quite common, just wondered if any of you had experience with this and would appreciate any tips. I got up I don't know how many times last night to put soother back, am wrecked!!!

Bella :(
belladonna

Re: Asleep but restless

Postby iwishiwas » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:50 am

Oh I had the same night Bella, my LO will be 6weeks on Monday, we put her in a cot over a week ago and since she grunts in her sleep, kicks, moves continuely, and moans every ten minutes when she drops her soother... She appears to be asleep but I can't relax listening to her and if I don't pop the soother back in her mouth she will fuss more and eventually wake herself up. So I'd love advice too.. also breastfeeding and I've one of those cots with 3sides so she's close to me.. not that it's helping. I just don't understand as she sleeps silently still in the day. Hopefully someone has tips for us
iwishiwas

Return to New Mums