feeling ignored

For new mums, support, advice and guidance for this special adventure!

feeling ignored

Postby justCANTwait » Mon May 18, 2015 7:55 pm

Hi girls, I know technically this has nothing to do with being a mummy but I just need a rant. Basically myself and my husband are new to an area,well we've been here 4 going on 5 years. We moved here cos I got a job and now have bought a house. I was only in my job a year and a half before I got pregnant. Since I started the job I made a few friends in the job and we'd go for lunch etc. However since I returned from mat leave which is well over a year now, one of the girls has more or less blanked me and makes little or no effort, NEVER asks how my baby is or anything. Even today I walked into the bathroom and it was as if I was invisible. This is making me feel dreadful and I've often got upset at home about it. I haven't said anything to her cos I actually don't want to be friends with her cos of how she's treated me but I'm feeling so dejected, isolated and confused. My workplace is very 'clicky' and I'm probably quite a quiet person and am finding it hard. I'm not going to leave as I love my job. I've made other friends but they were only in doing mat leaves so are gone. Just needed to write this all down and unload it onto somewhere other than my husband. Ahhhhh I just feel like I'm back in school, I know this probably sounds so petty but it's making me completely doubt myself.
justCANTwait

Re: feeling ignored

Postby Momawant2be » Mon May 18, 2015 9:27 pm

What ever your women's problem is I bet it has nothing really to do with you she's probably jealous or something like that ignore her I bet she won't be long changing her tune
Momawant2be

Postby lotsofquestions » Mon May 18, 2015 9:57 pm

Have you tried talking to her? I don't mean about the issues you think are happening as that's prob too heavy for a work scenario but have you instigated any light chats or conversations? Like in the toilet, did you say hi and she ignored you or did neither of you say anything?
lotsofquestions

Postby justCANTwait » Mon May 18, 2015 10:24 pm

I walked in and said in a cheery voice 'morning!!!' And got nothing in return.i have tried chit chat with her but it's awkward and uncomfortable.
justCANTwait

Postby MrsEL10 » Mon May 18, 2015 10:30 pm

Could she be ttc and finding it hard since you came back after maternity?
TTC # 1 Dec 10 - Dec 12, currently pregnant on # 2 :)
MrsEL10

Postby justCANTwait » Mon May 18, 2015 10:46 pm

Jes I dunno. I don't think so as a mutual friend of ours has had two babies in the same time frame and she seems fine with her . It's an odd one . I'm just frustrated. MrsEl how are u getting on?
justCANTwait

Postby MrsEL10 » Mon May 18, 2015 10:56 pm

Mad busy haven't been on here in such a long time!
TTC # 1 Dec 10 - Dec 12, currently pregnant on # 2 :)
MrsEL10

Postby justCANTwait » Mon May 18, 2015 10:58 pm

It's hard to find the time. Thanks for your input ladies.
justCANTwait

Postby bumblebus » Mon May 18, 2015 11:10 pm

Hi just popping in with my 2 cent worth because exactly the same thing is happening in my workplace.. Does this woman have children already. My work place is clicky too and it's a very obvious divide between those who have kids and those who don't. I've taken my child in a few times and most of the girls make a fuss but they too have children. I don't think it's personal I actually believe she is jealous or plain snotty.. I've a feeling it's a little jealousy as she is 2 years past her age at which she wanted children and is putting off ttc for a family wedding. the shoe will be on the other foot when her turn comes round. Don't take it to heart. I found it upsetting for a while but now I just feel sorry for her.
bumblebus

Postby lotsofquestions » Wed May 20, 2015 4:01 pm

Bizarre!!! Clearly she is just plain rude!
lotsofquestions

Return to New Mums