is it to early to purchase?

For new mums, support, advice and guidance for this special adventure!

is it to early to purchase?

Postby kokopops » Wed May 27, 2015 6:15 pm

Hi

Im 22 weeks pregnant with first baby and Im torturing myself with regards to prams/buggies/travel system?

Firstly because I havent a clue what the difference is between all of them? and secondly is it to early for me to buy one? Should I wait later in the pregnancy. I know its entirely up to myself and there isnt any rule when to buy, but just a bit of perspective what other mums have done would greatly help.

Also one more thing, would love recommendations where to buy for a good price....I thought eurobaby was meant to be cheaper than all the others stores but if anything its working out more expensive :shock:

TIA
kokopops

Re: is it to early to purchase?

Postby miniegg91 » Wed May 27, 2015 8:15 pm

Hi Koko

My parents bought our travel system for us and they actually bought it really early on, like 12/13 weeks. We had only gone to look in Mothercare & they ended up buying it there & then (very excited 1st time grandparents).
I know many would be superstitous about doing that, they picked it up about 20 weeks & its still in their house for now.
We found Mothercare was the best price at the time for what was included but it just depends on sales..
miniegg91

Postby kokopops » Wed May 27, 2015 10:47 pm

Hi miniegg91

Thanks for getting back to me. Personally I dont think that is to early and especially when you have great parents eager to buy you cant go wrong ;)
I have been looking in mothercare and I think youre right they seem to have the best deals so far, Im based in Meath but I think Im going to take a trip to Dublin see what else they might have on offer. Dublin always have more stock to choose from.

Thank you for the advice, It really helps :thanks
kokopops

Postby Louth2015 » Thu May 28, 2015 6:59 am

HI kokopops I got my travel system at 18 weeks and kept it in my mams. I got it in the sales in mothercare in newry. They have a good selection I thought. There is a shop in Dundalk called sweet little babies (or something like that!) And they have a good few too. Eurobaby in drogheda seem to do good sales too!

I also heard many mammys saying that you can pick up great travel systems second hand at a fraction of the price on the likes of adverts.ie or done deal! Unfortunately this was after I bought mine!!
Louth2015

Postby LydiaHopeful » Thu May 28, 2015 7:15 am

I second what Louth says, check out adverts.ie and see what is there we got ours from a couple who barely used it as she wore baby in sling instead for next to nothing like 150 for everything even raincovers, changing bag etc. Maybe check out shop and see what you like then check online before committing, you would be surprised at amount of parents trying to offload their baby stiff.

I started buying at 22 weeks and was glad of that decision as really when you get bigger its hard to trek about the place and you have things like hospital bag to sort out on top of that.

I'm also in Meath and found Drogheda pretty good it has nice mother care and euro baby. Otherwise try blanch. Pick up something big every month and it will also help not having to fork out hundreds in one go.
LydiaHopeful

Postby kokopops » Fri May 29, 2015 1:27 pm

Hi Louth2015 & LydiaHopeful

I feel so much better reading that you guys were early enough in buying a pram. I was on adverts the other night and like your advice I was able to get a great deal on a travel system. Im over the moon with it! And it didnt cost me an arm and leg to buy it. This means I can have a look into buying other stuff I had my mind on.

I showed my OH what you guys said and he agreed sure theres no point waiting when we can get such a great deal. Thanks for convincing him :mrgreen:

:happydance
kokopops

Postby FourEyes » Fri May 29, 2015 1:42 pm

If you decide to buy a lot of stuff in mothercare it would be worth your while going to one of their Baby and Me events. You get a voucher for 10% off

http://www.mothercare.ie/baby-and-me
FourEyes

Postby kokopops » Sat May 30, 2015 1:15 pm

FourEyes wrote:If you decide to buy a lot of stuff in mothercare it would be worth your while going to one of their Baby and Me events. You get a voucher for 10% off

http://www.mothercare.ie/baby-and-me

Cheers FourEyes I wasnt even aware this was a thing. Will have to try keep that date free :thanks
kokopops

Postby Josiefl » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:53 am

Mothercare also do a lay away so u can go to event get discount only pay deposit and then pay it off over weeks/months then get it all delivered or collect it doesn't feel like ur forking out hundreds in one go and u can be picking up smaller stuff too!!
Josiefl

Return to New Mums