Child minding questions

For new mums, support, advice and guidance for this special adventure!

Child minding questions

Postby Purplebiz » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:52 pm

Sorry girls I have not been online in a long time I am looking into getting a child minder for my little girl and would appreciate any advice people could offer on the subject. I am a ftm so it is all new to me. I know there are people,who have childminders hear and I would also love to hear from people who are child minding.

A. What is the pay rate daily or weekly? My little girl will be minded from 8.30 to 3.30 mon-fri.
B. I am a teacher so loads of holidays do you still pay full pay for holidays when baby not going to childminder?
C. What is the situation when baby is sick do they still go to minders (obviously if it's not a serious illness)?
D. Any other things that you think are relevant to getting a child minder
Purplebiz

Re: Child minding questions

Postby babybuttons » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:29 pm

Hi purple biz,

See recent post re this in general parenting topic which may help.
expect to pay between 28 - 35 a day.
Each childminder is different so agree your specific terms with them re pay. Some minders expect to be paid for mid terms/ xmas holidays ex i was off 2 weeks at christmas and minder was paid for 1 of these weeks.
Enquire will the minder provide light snacks & meals or will you provide same & as tipp girl suggested in other post ask what baby equipment they have like car seat pram etc.
hope you find a lovely minderX
babybuttons

Return to New Mums