self doubt

For new mums, support, advice and guidance for this special adventure!

self doubt

Postby justCANTwait » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:12 pm

Hi all the reason I'm posting in here in cause I've only felt like this since I've become a mum, even though my little boy is two. Basically my problem is that I'm finding it really hard to fit in at work. I've been there for 4 years and I'm permanent and recently bought a house so I'm there for the foreseeable future. In my first two years before my mat leave I was fine I integrated well and went out for lunch etc. Since I came back from mat leave which is well over a year I've found it exceptionally difficult. Now I have been going home for most of my lunches cause I was breastfeeding so I have missed out on going out for lunch and the general chat. As a result my colleagues are having conversations around me and I find myself just staying quiet. I'd say, although only guessing, that people probably think I'm standoffish and snobby which is so wrong. To make my anxiety worse I saw on Facebook that practically all the girls were at a wedding of a colleague and I wasn't even invited. Fair enough I wasn't around so the bride probably felt she didn't know me but I still feel really left out. I'm on hols now and back in 3 weeks and I'm so nervous about going back. I'll be going on mat leave again in December so I'm hoping that I'm able to take myself out of my shell and try to fit in.I know this probably seems like a teenage problem but it's bothering me so much. Everyone is nice but it's my feelings of self doubt that's making me so unsure.thanks for reading, I really need advice.
justCANTwait

Re: self doubt

Postby GalwaysGirl » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:56 pm

You poor divil. I'd probably try make friendly chat with one or two of the girls, casual. Or who ever sits next to you.
Tbh loads people just go to work and aren't bffs in real life. If you have your own friends outside of work, I wouldn't personally bother making fake friends with people just cause I work with them!
But I'd have enough of a chat to go for coffee break with them.

You mentioned having anxiety. It might just be that and you could be over thinking it.
Hope you feel better soon!
GalwaysGirl

Postby justCANTwait » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:07 pm

Thanks hun.as we are new to the area I have unfortunately moved away from my friends. I have made one good pal who was in my work temporarily and I she knows how I feel. I just booked myself into pregnancy pilates which start in Sept so looking forward to that. I'll just do as you say and chat casually and take it from there.I'd swear you'd think I was 15
justCANTwait

Postby GalwaysGirl » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:47 pm

Ah no I totally get where your coming from. I found joining some groups on Facebook , like the ones from that rollercoaster site, for the month your baby is due is great. I'm on a September one, and there's been loads of meetups and coffee mornings and you get to Make friends with people in the same stage of life as you! Could help you meet new friends in your area!
GalwaysGirl

Return to New Mums