Wedding Help with a newborn!! Advice Please!!

For new mums, support, advice and guidance for this special adventure!

Wedding Help with a newborn!! Advice Please!!

Postby evilfairy99 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:12 pm

Ok so.. After it finally sinking in, and getting over the initial fear of being pregnant again.. it finally dawned on my partner and I, how close to our wedding I am going to be delivering...
If I come bang on my due date, it's 5 weeks until our wedding...but obviously..I am aware it's highly likely bump will run over..which means baby will be younger....

So I'm looking for some advice...

We can't change our wedding date..everything is paid and done so this isn't something that is doable.
I won't be too stressed coming up to the day, as it's mostly sorted and venue is taking care of most of it.
I'm just panicking about the actual day..

I had already bought my dress, which now I won't get to wear ... but I would much rather have a healthy babba!

Has anyone had a wedding with a super newborn?
How did it work for feeding?
What did you do for your dress?
Was the day manageable?

ANY advice anyone has..even about newborns as I'll be a first time mum, would HUGELY be appreciated
evilfairy99

Re: Wedding Help with a newborn!! Advice Please!!

Postby newmumi » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:10 pm

Hi evilfairy. Congrats on ur pregnancy and of course ur upcoming wedding. Hopefully all goes well for u and u have no complications. I had 2 sections so couldnt imagine goin through a whole day at a wedding so soon!!
Have u ever used slings/baby carriers? There r some fabulous rimg slings in all shades/colours that could easily compliment ur dress and enable u to keep baby close all day.
There is a great facebook page where you wil pick up loads of advice. Its called babywearing ireland i think. Ive often seen ladies lend a sling to a bride for her big day.
newmumi

Postby evilfairy99 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:58 pm

Oh thats fab..thanks so much!
evilfairy99

Postby nitakusuma » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:58 am

you must, You must be patient
nitakusuma

Postby Ciara92 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:13 pm

Has anyone had a wedding with a super newborn?
Not yet, but I assume it might be stressful. You have to think about your baby. Don't panic, there's a lot of mums around here who get married and born healthy babies.
Ciara92

Return to New Mums