Non Driver DH and Hospital Bag Situation

For new mums, support, advice and guidance for this special adventure!

Non Driver DH and Hospital Bag Situation

Postby Poble » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:38 am

Hi All,

I am a FTM and my nerves are gone, not about labor, about getting to the hospital, my DH doesnt drive so I am at my wits end into how we are going to do this, now i know I can go into labor at any time, I dont want my FIL to drive me because he stresses me out, he is a panicker, and hes the last person I want to be dealing with while im in labor, My dad is a nervous driver and he would be more or less the same , in a situation like this. The local cab company all have smelly cabs and are not the most professional, So I have no idea what to do.

My next issue is the hospital bag, people say theres no room when they are brought in and lucky for some have DH who can leave the bag in the car, so in my case this is so not going to happen, ANY SUGGESTIONS!!! Would u believe this is keeping me up at night! I'm 33 weeks and my hospital is the Rotunda

:helpme
Poble

Re: Non Driver DH and Hospital Bag Situation

Postby mumstheword15 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:41 pm

Not sure about your hospital but when I was in labour my bag was kept in a locked cupboard until after baby arrived and I was taken to ward.. you just take what you need for the labour ward. In regards to getting there maybe a taxi is best bet, can you not use halo app to pick your driver although I have heard they don't need to take you if in labour.. my fil is a stress head but he was actually really relaxed taken me to hospital so you could just make it clear you want a relaxed drive
mumstheword15

Postby Poble » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:58 pm

Thanks so much for the reply, yeah i think i need to have to chat with the fil :-D
Poble

Postby tippergirl » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:20 pm

I'd say the rotunda would keep your bag's somewhere once they know you don't have a car. I know the big maternity hospital's are stuck for room but they're very helpful wherever they can be. Your fil will manage fine and if you're in the height of it in labour you won't care if he's stressed.
[/url]
tippergirl

Postby Poble » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:41 pm

:witch Thats me on the way to hospital, Thanks girls, I sounds terrible giving out, i should be happy to have all these people around me. im over thinking it , i worry about the silliest of things u know xxx
Poble

Postby mumstheword15 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:49 pm

On the way to hospital in labour ? Good luck :) hopefully everything goes smooth for you
mumstheword15

Postby Poble » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:58 pm

Animated version, of when i am in labor :-D Thanks for all ur help girls :hug
Poble

Postby Kcsmrs » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:11 pm

Hi Poble,

I had my baby in the rotunda. My DH doesnt drive and I didn't want anyone else knowing that I was in labour as I knew they would stress me out so we got a taxi. We kept all the bags with us, first in the pre-labour ward and then the labour ward, never asked if they could store them anywhere but they weren't in the way and nobody seemed to notice until we were being transferred to the ward after DD was born. Don't worry, I was stressing about all of these things during my pregnancy but it all worked out in the end.

Kcsmrs

Postby Poble » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:48 pm

Thanks for the advice on the Rotunda :thanks
Poble

Return to New Mums