Toilet Training

For new mums, support, advice and guidance for this special adventure!

Toilet Training

Postby Purplebiz » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:20 pm

Hi girls, just wondering who do you determine/decide if your lo's are ready to be toilet trained. My lg is only 20 months so I am in no pain to train her. Just she is mad talking about "wee wee" and "poo poo" lately, I have a potty given as a present. She found it and put it beside the toilet and sits on it.
Due to have baby no.2 so I am not going to train before he/she arrives as I just think if she is just trained and sees baby with a nappy she will want one again, plus I think she is quite young.
Purplebiz

Re: Toilet Training

Postby baby2 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:34 pm

Good question, following if u don't mind. My DD is 19months but tells me when she goes in her nappy and brings me a nappy to change her asap if it's a poo, she is fascinated with the toilet and often sits on her potty but is yet to actually use it. I figure if she is able to tell me she needs to pee/poo she should be able to use the potty or toilet, but I don't want to pressure her, I got her pull ups today so might try them and be casual about it, I'm almost convinced if she seen me use her potty she would use it!! Lol!!

she has used the toilet a few times before her bath she's just said pee pee so I sat her on it, I think baby vests and nappies are restricting us so might skip the button vests and use the pull ups for a few days see if it works. They are still very young I think.
baby2

Postby tippergirl » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:11 pm

Our lo is the same she's nearly 2 but for the past few months she's been looking to do wee wee on the toilet/potty and will stop and grab her nappy when she pees and tries to pull it off when it's a poo. She tells us when she's done a poo.

We're going to Spain next week for the week So I'm going to try toilet training when we get back. I'm going to stock up on knickers and pull ups but I think I'll introduce the knickers mostly and pull ups for going out/night time to start out.

I think when they tall about wee etc and look to use the toilet/potty it's a great sign.

I'm also going to get a book about toilet training for her to read together.
[/url]
tippergirl

Postby Rainbowrose » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:22 pm

Hi ladies, my little girl was around the same age when she started getting allergic to her nappy even if it was wet I had to change it straight away! It was coming into the middle of winter so I really felt it was an awkward time for toilet training but decided to just go for it and she was a dream within a week she got the hang of it! I think once they start noticing it themselves and the interest is there it goes quite smoothly!! Best of luck X
Rainbowrose

Postby Purplebiz » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:28 pm

I am thinking of getting one of those small seats that sits on top of the toilet. She sure knows what the toilet is for. So I am hoping to skip the potty as it may confuse things. Even though as I said she does have one. I just don't know if training her before new baby comes is the right time. Although it would be great to only have one in nappies!

Does anyone know of any good books about toilet training?
Purplebiz

Postby nitakusuma » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:00 am

billiek77 wrote:A small step in front of the toilet and small seat that sits in it is what we used for our two. Worked well. They were mostly just curious about it at first but quickly figured it out :D

I agree with your post,
nitakusuma

Postby PhDmammy » Fri May 19, 2017 2:20 pm

Hey girls,

My little one is showing an interest in the toilet...spends the whole time talking about poo poo and wee wee and has done two wee wees on the "big girl" toilet a few weeks back. She is 23 months old but I am a bit worried its too soon. We are going on holidays in June so maybe when she comes back.

We don't have a downstairs toilet so going to use a potty downstairs and then seat for the toilet upstairs...never thought to get the step..will definitely do that. I think the best way to go is big girl vests and knicks and cold turkey no nappy. We are using cloth nappies so not keen on switching to pull ups as I think this might be more confusing.
TTC since Apr 2012.Early MC Oct 2012.Early MC Jan 2014.BFP Oct 2014.DD born June 2015. TTC #2 since March 2016. Early MC May 2017. Praying for our sticky bean!
PhDmammy

Return to New Mums