Summer baby train 2018

So you're expecting a baby? Share the great news with us and other mums to be. Tell us your due date and how you are feeling.

Re: Summer baby train 2018

Postby Cappuccinorose » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:38 am

Hi girls!
Hope all is well!
Just thought I'd check in...
Im feeling better everyday and coming to terms with everything...soooo In love with Chloe and she is doing great...
Had a quick melt down but nothing on tye scale of last week...
A girl I know just gave birth and wrote to me to say she had no pain relief and with hypnobirthing was well able for it and it was great and while I was happy for her I was filled with jealousy and rage and thought why wasn't I able for it??? I laboured without pain relief for well over 10 hours and then I was literally screaming for help (I never thought that would be me) I suddenly felt bad and thought of another friend who laboured at home until 7cm and then delivered with no help... I felt inadequate and like I didn't prepare or have control but Ive realised that's not the case, everyone's different and my birth went the way it had to and many others do too.
No one tells us about it because I think Mother Nature makes us forget and go on and looking back now I can't even remember the pain, i only remember meeting my beautiful bundle.... so I feel Ive come a long way in the last few days regarding the acceptance and allowing myself to heal and be vulnerable.
I have managed better with inlaws too, ive organised fixed times that suit me, mil wanted to pop in yesterday (we arranged to meet on Monday but she said she was in the area yesterday) it tok a lot of courage to do but I just said if you don't mind can we leave it till mon as I want to rest as much as poss today. She accepted. It won't always be like this but my baby is only 2 weeks old and I want to bond alone with no distraction. Anyway there's another rambling post...
Hiw are You all feeling?
My stitches get itchy at night and a little sore but can't complain, trying to do pelvic floor excerises when I remember as I feel that'll never be the same...
And weight wise Ive lost a good bit, not stressing for the little left to loose, if it takes me time I don't care just want cuddles with baby!!!!
Ps: those of you thinking already about having another baby... Im the same... ridiculous!!! Maybe it's just our hormones... gonna calm down and give this little bundle all my attention for low! Soooo much love
Cappuccinorose

Postby Babydust25 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:53 pm

Cappuccino in relation to people managing labour differently like u said we are all different and have different pain threshold. Also some people are better at zoneing out and doing hypnibirthing but others it's just not for them so you can't compare and feel like you are less than someone who could go without pain relief. I've had 2 kids and managed both differently. You brought a human into the world whether you were screaming or in a zen state it's the same thing!!! Give yourself credit and kind to yourself. My stitches healed quickly this time but took a lot longer on my first and were itchy. This time around my healing in general was much better for some reason. My little boy is 15 weeks and a little pudding and doing fantastic
Babydust25

Postby Sarah4321 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:17 pm

For anyone who has had kids before or who have already got their period after this pregnancy. The last few days I have been spotting on and off. Doesn't last all day and I do not need a pad on because a small bit of blood is only there when I wipe. Is it my period?! I know it has been nearly a year since my last period and things could have changed but I am usually curled up in a ball the first 2 days of my period with bad pain and it is always heavy. I am getting no cramping now.. Could the D&C made it lighter because everything was cleared out already? That was 5 weeks qgo though so I doubt it. Just confused on whether it is actually my period or not xD
Sarah4321

Postby Babydust25 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:47 pm

It could be Sarah, my first period was normal enough but second was lighter and this one is starting and I've only spotting here and there and super painful! So there doesn't seem to be a pattern.
Babydust25

Postby morphett » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:04 am

Well girls, how are you all? And the babas?
We are getting on well.. Freya has been slow to put up weight and was only up 60g in total on her birth weight by last wednesday at 3+3 weeks so we wemt back to pumping and topping up and had her weighed this morning ans shes up 220g in the week so 6lb.11.5oz so am delighted with her and its such a relief to know shes finally starting to thrive.
Cappucino delighted you feel more at ease with your birth story, its a struggle sometimes especially when things dont go as you imagined but ita so difficult to know these things on your first, youll be so well armed the next time but that's not to take away from your experience this time.
Hope everyone is getting on well an enjoying their babas...xxx
morphett

Postby Cappuccinorose » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:56 pm

Hi everyone!!! Dying to hear how you are all doing.
Chloe is one month old... Ive turned the page on my labor and realised there's no perfvet labour I was v naive and had plotted and planned too much.
Feeling better, stitches are hewing well I think, no more bleeding, haven't 'dtd' but I'm v interested by it which I'm shocked at (must be hormones) body wants another Baby... waiting for 6 wk checkup. Still have a half a stone to lose but not worried about that.
Not breastfeeding, felt a bit guilty about it but knownits thw right decision for me.
Baby is thriving, was born weighing 3.1 kilos and is now 4.3 she has changed sooo much and I feel she's huge but she's not. Out of newborn clothes and into one month..
Feeling generally better...
The last 4 weeks have been a blur and traumatic... we deffo had wayyyy tooo many visitors but at the same time nice they saw her as a new born.
I am slowly coming around to being with mother in law, had an animal instinct by just wanting her far from me... but I know it'll pass and I already feel a bit better with her. Jutsbfelt at first like I had carried my baby for 9 months and birthed her and it was tough and they were all piping in and taking her over. But it'll pass and has lessened!
Anyway that's all I can think of now... trying desperately to enjoy every moment....
Dying to hear about your experiences ....
How do you spend the day with little one etc bonding etc etc
I do think postpartum makes us a little crazy... I'm already thinking in two years I'd like another baby... I always said one but now I'm like no at least 2...
Oh ye and how are you pelvic floors??????
Cappuccinorose

Postby Sarah4321 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:09 am

Hey cappuccino! Sounds like you are doing well. Baby is putting on weight nicely! I also still want another one!

Unfortunetely i have pnd which i was expecting but it is more anxiety than depression which i find much worse! Having panic attacks over the stupidest things like feeling sick then freaking out that i am going to end up in hospital again. What happened the 3 weeks after labour has definitely caused it :/ I am a bit of a mess really. Crying nearly everyday. My mood can go from being fine to an emotional and angry wreck in a matter of minutes.

Caoimhe is doing good though. 10 weeks on wednesday. Why does time fly after birth! She is 11lbs now. Slowly gaining weight. I think she is spoilt already. She cries if the car stops. Or the buggy. Or the rocking xD Last few nights have been really tough. She is getting over tired and will not settle on her own which she usually does. Takes a good 2 hours to get her to sleep. She is in her 2nd leap tbough so i hope it is just that! Otherwise she is a great baby. Has no reclux or colic problems so we got lucky in that way. She is also smiling so much. Every time she wakes up she gives a big smile. Holding her head up very well. In the stroller part of the travel system already because she loves to look around!

Pelvic floor is a mess. I sneeze and i pee xD

Hope everyone else and babies are ok x
Attachments
Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg (44.64 KiB) Viewed 639 times
Sarah4321

Postby Cappuccinorose » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:26 pm

Ahhh sarah4321, firstly Caoimhe is beautiful!!!!
And it's totally normal to feel down or have pnd after what you've been through or after any sort of drama/traumas.... you were not expecting... have you seeked help? You may need a counsellor... I think post partum hormones have a lot to do with it!
All is going well here with Chloe, she thriving! I had check up and they're happy with me!
Sarah4321 did you try breastfeeding in the end?
A friend of a friend started after 5'weeks and gitvuelo ajd it worked.
I'm using formula and fund it stress free however thwbodd time I feel guilty about not bf... but I get over it as she's sooo happy and content.
Hope all is well out there with you all and your bundles
Cappuccinorose

Postby Sarah4321 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:09 pm

Ah glad chloe is doing well.

Breastfeeding didnt work out but will definitely try if I have another.

Caoimhe gave me the biggest scare last night. Was about 12.30 and she suddenly starting throwing her arms and legs around. I jumped up and she was struggling to breath. Took about 30 seconds for her to breath but felt like forever :/ I am guessing she was choking on sick and people reckon she has reflux so we are going to the dr soon. And going to get a breathing monitor because if I wasn't awake I dread to think what would have happened:(

OH freaked out when I said she wasn't breathing and ran out of the room! When it all calmed down i then brokedown. Don't think I will be sleeping much the next while. Just goes to show how important it is to keep them in the same room as you at all times. She couldn'rlt even cry but was trying to :( Same as when she was born..
Sarah4321

Postby Cappuccinorose » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:52 am

Oh god Sarah that must of been very frightening!
All is well here and I feel Ive settled in ti being à mammy and have definitely gotten over the drama of childbirth, needed time, and also inlaws are behaving themselves too so all has mellowed... time is a healer!!

Just want to know if and when any of you got your period?
Cappuccinorose

Postby Cappuccinorose » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:04 pm

Hey girls,
Missing you all a bit, would love to have news and hear how you're all getting on....
All is good here
Chloe is 7 weeks old and getting big!!!!
Any of you have the baby bjorn bouncer!?
Hope there might some news back on this from yiu!
Love Cappuccinorose
Cappuccinorose

Postby morphett » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:23 pm

Hi cappucino, we are gone quiet alright which is a pity.. all good here.. Freya is 8 weeks tomorrow and up to just.over 8lb now from 5.14 nirth weight so she's had good gains the last 5 weeks with the bfing so am delighted with that..
Down in wexford for the next fortnight on our holliers so she was on the beach for the 1st time today and will take her swimming in courtown one of the days too.. got a supercute swimming toys for 6 quid in h&m for her! Gas the little size of It!
Not sure what bouncer i have for her, same one i had for the boys but its just a regular one not any mad functions on it.. she likes it well enough and between that and the carriers i have thats where she spends any time when not feeding...
Back in two weeks and getting her vaccines done that week, not looking forward to that but needs must!
Hope all the mammies and babies are well, good to hear from you and glad Chloe is thriving and you are enjoying her more youve made your peace with delivery etc...xxx
morphett

Postby Sarah4321 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:23 am

Hey guys! Caoimhe is doing well now. Has a bit of reflux which caused the choking. So we got the movement mat and she sometimes sleeps on her tummy. She is 12 weeks and 4 days! 3 months next saturday. We are gonna bring her swimming today. I cannot wait because she loves the bath!

Cappuccino I got my first period when she was 7 weeks. Although it was very very light with no pain and only lasted 2 days. It has been 40 days and still waiting for the next one :/ We have just a cheap bouncer from argos. Chad valley I think.

Good to hear from you both and glad ye are doing well x
Sarah4321

Postby lean87 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:28 am

Hey girls,
I am sorry I have been reading all your posts in the last 2months, but was not able log in, so couldn't post.

Cappuccino, so glad you are coming out on the other side of it all now.
I had a similar situation with my firstborn, who came out by forceps and I felt for so long that I let her down somehow and I should have done things differently.
In hindsight I was just being naive, after 3kids I can honestly say, I do not tolerate pain very well or maybe my labours are just more painful than everyone elses (lol) and I def need that epidural!!!
Best thing ever!!
Dd1 also had the biggest lump filled with water (adult fist size) on her head for weeks after birth and a nasty streak all over her face from the forceps.
But wouldn't you know it, she is the most delightful, clever and funny girl now.
It really doesn't matter how they are born, as long as they are healthy. Xxx

Sarah, your little girl is just adorable!
She has so much hair!
Leah is a baldie like my other 2 and whatever little hair she had in the back, has fallen.off where she lies...hats all the way.haha

Morphett, can't believe Freya is already 8weeks.
It is so nice to get out and about with them and show them off, isn't it?
Leah is loving her sling, we both enjoy our cuddles and I can.get work done.
It is a win win situation.
She has slept through the night (11pm -8am) for the last 5weeks, but is now waking up for a feed around5am again (growth spurt?)

She is only just beginning to be comfortable for little spells in her bouncer and buggy (until week 7/8 she had to be carried all day between feeds or she would cry unless she was asleep of course)

I am.so so so super broody ever since she is born...its absolutely crazy!
If I could, I'd start trying straight away, but as I am breastfeeding realistically I won't get my period back until baby is 9mths old.
What is that about??
I think my pregnancy/birth was so positive this time plus I must be filled with hormones! :)
I am actually hoping to start ttc no 4 in February, all going well.
(Last two took 13 &18 mths off ttc)

SIL announced she is expecting in February (hers was conceived as I pushed Leah out, which is too funny) and weirdly I am.so jealous!!! What am I like??

Ha, I bet you are all regretting I managed to log on again!!
Enjoy the reading, if ye don't fall asleep.

Xxxx
lean87

Postby Babydust25 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:38 pm

Hi all

We are good here also, Mason is 4 and half months and doing well, he's a pudding! Broody myself but my sis is getting married abroad next year and don't want to be heavily pregnant, otherwise I'd try! It's busy with 2 but great!!
Babydust25

Postby MrsMnM » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:23 am

We're good here had our 3 month phn visit yesterday and he's 14 pounds and around 64 cm. He's flying it loves his sleep and his food. He's on 4 8 oz bottles a day and sleeps great from 9 to 8! I don't even like saying it in case I jinx it! Toddler is flying it too he had his check with the phn and she was impressed with all his words so I'm chuffed right now! I'll see how long that lasts! Very busy with the too of them! Getting out of the house is difficult but we're getting there. Definitely not broody for another yet I wouldn't be able to cope!!
[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[
MrsMnM

Postby Sarah4321 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:13 pm

Great to hear from ye :D

I am also super broody which is confusing because nothing went right for me during or after that pregnancy! Except Caoimhe of course.

Really want to try now but OH wants to wait 3 years which I don't think will work for me xD The last 2 nights I have been dreaming about being in labour with a new baby.. ughh. Silly hormones.
I finally got my 2nd period though so hopefully it will go back to normal and who knows I may convince OH to try now.. Might not happen so quick for me this time!

Jealous of the babies sleeping all night! Caoimhe has done 6 hours at most but her normal is waking every 4 hours and has six 6oz bottles in 24 hours. Going to weigh her soon but she was 12 lbs 8oz at 12 weeks. She was 3 months yesterday and has her check up in 2 weeks
Sarah4321

Postby Cappuccinorose » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:35 pm

Ahhh it's sooo lovely to have the news!!!
Lean87 thanks for that, nice to hear you had a similar experience, yep I'm totally out the other side and really enjoying motherhood now. I feel like a stronger version of myself since having Chloe. She's a dote...
Shes Now taking 4 7oz bottles a day and sleeps from 8:30/9pm until 6/7 but let's see if it lasts....

She had her injections last week and it broke my heart but she dealt well after with no fever Just didnt poo for 24 hours and then had an explosive one!

Im taking it easy, have serious bags under my eyes! Miraculously have nearly lost all the baby weight just 6 pounds left which have been there since week3 but I'm not in ANY hurry to go back to gym or diet,Im actually quite content..
Regards being broody I was crazy broody for the first few weeks which doesn't make any sense to me as I had a newborn (hormones are wierd) I think I was mourning the pregnancy Which I LOVED!! I think I would like to go on to have another child if I can but not straight away, I would ideally like to wait 18-24 months but I also have to take into consideration my age Im just gone 36 soo I suppose I can't wait too long either! Let's just see how I get on with one baby first! Lol not sure hubby wants another child but he said he will do whatever I want. My mother is like Just be happy with the one you have, I think she worries because I had a hard time with the birth and also she said 'youre not getting any younger' which stung a little!
Anyway loving mammy life and my gorgeous baby and the cuddles and the smell and the everything to do with baby world!
Let's keep up the chat, I love hearing from you all!
Cappuccinorose

Postby Cappuccinorose » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:27 pm

Hey girls! Any goss???? Hope all is well and you're getting on great... I keep checking in to see any updates...
Al is well here, weve totalky settled... i would say Im still up and down emotionally but mainly Great... any of you feel fragile since the birth I deffo do and also the while baby Brain thing I didn't believe it during pregnancy at all but since having Chloe I deffo think Ive lost some brain cells... Im a lot more stupid lol and cant always concentrate...
Cappuccinorose

Postby Sarah4321 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:11 pm

Heyy! Doing good here. Caoimhe is 4 months on sunday. She did a nice 10 hours sleep last night but is still up and down with that! She is teething too :( Just started solids because health nurse recommended it as she is gaining weight slowly. She is 14lbs 4oz now!
Sarah4321

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy Announcements