First GP visit

So you're expecting a baby? Share the great news with us and other mums to be. Tell us your due date and how you are feeling.

First GP visit

Postby MummyWard » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:47 pm

Right here's an odd one but just want my mind put at ease. I recently took 5 yes 5 pregnancy tests within 4 days. All positive. The first date of my last period was 29th of may. That would make me 8 weeks pregnant right??

Well I went to doctor for confirmation and drank a load of water shortly before I went in so ild be able to pee on command. That test only had a faint line which took a lil longer to come up and he said I'm likely only very early and he seemed very concerned. After like 30seconds waiting he said it was negative but then it appeared. (That was a looong 30 seconds)

He kind of took away my joy. I don't get a dating scan for another 2 weeks with midwife. I paid 40e and the test was all I got.

I'm feeling anxious like I'm being too happy too soon. Anyone else felt this? Could the water being drank so soon before peeing mean there was less of the hormone?
MummyWard

Re: First GP visit

Postby Josiefl » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:39 am

Hi I didn't want to read and run... gp's tests are notorious for being bad... if u took 5 and they came up straight away I would go with that... also if you drankn that much water it would affect it...
Josiefl

Return to Pregnancy Announcements