June/July/Aug 2019 babies

So you're expecting a baby? Share the great news with us and other mums to be. Tell us your due date and how you are feeling.

Re: June/July/Aug 2019 babies

Postby mrsmc2017 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:28 pm

Sparkle I am the very same. Have been awful anxious since I got the positive test. Booked a private scan for 8 weeks. Then worried myself into a state up to the 12 week scan. Then more panic til I had a check up last week and the gp picked up the heartbeat. Am 17+3 now and my next scan is 21+4 so I'm going to just worry my way through the next month. I keep imagining the worst because I can't feel movement yet. Its a stressful time.
mrsmc2017

Postby sparkle16 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:56 pm

Mrsmc2017 ... I hoped once I got got over 12 weeks id relax. I'd say we aren't the only ones anyway . I know we can't control it.
sparkle16

Postby LydiaHopeful » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:25 pm

Welcome love2sleep we are always recruiting new members. I'm glad you had good scan, sorry for your loss that must of been difficult.

It's very normal to be anxious I think, I was awful up my scan at 8 weeks as I had a loss at 5weeks in July but sonographer just kind of put my mind at rest during it and told me all looked perfect and I should not be stressing out. You can't stress about the what ifs it doesn't get you anywhere. Though I still do check toilet paper every time I go to the toilet half expecting to see some blood which is terrible really. I'm also looking forward to 12 weekscan next week I do think once they are moving and your tummy is growing you really will stop worrying as much .
LydiaHopeful

Postby minamc2 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:13 pm

Welcome love2sleep, sorry for your loss it's so hard to not be anxious, I had 2 losses last year and it's so hard to be excited this time. So happy to hear that all is going well this time for you.

You are not alone sparkle, I am trying my best to be positive but I am anxious all the time, constantly expecting to see blood when I go to the toilet and poking my boobs to make sure they are still sore! I will be 8 wks tomorrow and have my scan in the morning, I am petrified that there will be something wrong! Had to wear a 24 HR BP monitor yesterday as blood pressure was high a couple of times when I was with GP, they said my BP is very up and down, they have sent the report to my gynae for tomorrow so we will see what she thinks! I am hoping it just anxiety causing it and once everything is okay tomorrow I might chill out a bit!! My 6 yr old said to me out of the blue the other day "imagine mammy if there was twins in your belly it would be huge" he doesn't know I am pregnant!! Haven't a clue what made him think of it! I am taking it as a good sign!! And I don't think it's twins :)
minamc2

Postby Mrs11 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:44 pm

Ah good luck with your scan tomorrow minanc2.it will definitely put ur mind at rest.
I think were all worrying....I just can wait till this month is over and that bit further on!!!
Mrs11

Postby WereDoingThis » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:27 pm

I think I'll officially join the train too, 14 weeks now and had my "12-week" scan yesterday. Like you say, it's such a worrying time not knowing if everything is ok in there, yesterday was such a relief! Now we're starting to tell people and even looked at buggies today!
Baby#1 EDD 8th July Rotunda hospital
WereDoingThis

Postby minamc2 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:20 pm

We got to see our little blob this morning, measuring 2 days ahead at 8wks 2 days, little heart was pounding away! such a relief that everything is on track. Back in 4 weeks again for my 12 week scan. Trying to decide whether or not to get a private scan in 2 weeks time just to break up the wait, dh isn't too for it! I might just book one at least then we can go and just have another bit of reassurance.

Doc said that my chromosome testing came back with a deletion on chromosome 5 and 22 in 30% of cells (or something along those lines, whatever all that means) and that is probably what caused the miscarriages. She said that me and the smalls should go for genetic counselling after having this baby but we don't need to worry about any of that now and that she was very very happy with bubs. Of course I am still worried that there could be something wrong because of this but for the moment everything is perfect, I will just think positive!
Last edited by minamc2 on Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
minamc2

Postby Love2sleep » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:53 pm

Sparkle I think it’s only natural to be anxious. It’s crazy that when any negativity gets into our heads at all it can make us panic. I’ve stepped away from google this pregnancy. I know a few ppl who bought a Doppler to use at home but tbh I think it would drive me mad Incase I couldn’t pick anything up if baby was in a weird position.
Anything you can do to keep busy?
Love2sleep

Postby LydiaHopeful » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:25 pm

So glad your scan was good minamc I'm sure that goes a long way to alleviate the stress. I'd prob book another scan in two weeks if it gives you peace of mind . I had one at 8 and waiting on my 12 week one next week its long enough wait . I would of booked another if I could afford it but broke with Christmas and sure no point doing it now .

I've heard of people getting Doppler I think it's a lovely idea but agree with love2sleep I'd probably drive myself crazy. And what if I was picking up my own blood flow I remember the doc used to distinguish them not sure I'd get it right. Though think baby sounds faster. I'm glad everyone seems to relate to the craziness !! Least we are in the same boat
LydiaHopeful

Postby sparkle16 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:44 pm

Thanks for all the replies . And glad yer having good scans too . .
Regarding a Doppler I wouldn't get one I'd be worse than I am now if I couldn't hear the heart beat.
sparkle16

Postby impatientlywaiting » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:00 pm

Hi ladies, sorry for any radio silence, have been busy travelling around NY seeing family. Finally back to Limerick today, so tired and jet lagged!! travelling while pregnant is not fun. Glad to see that everyone is having good scans. I had a dream last night that i arrived for my scan but had forgottten everything, the letter, my pee tube, the doctors name....the nerves! I woke up in a panic but my scan isn't until the 31st. I totally understand the anxiety, I'm just counting down the days until the scan.

Is anyone starting to show yet?
impatientlywaiting

Postby WereDoingThis » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:22 pm

impatientlywaiting wrote: I had a dream last night that i arrived for my scan but had forgottten everything, the letter, my pee tube, the doctors name....the nerves! I woke up in a panic but my scan isn't until the 31st.

Is anyone starting to show yet?

Welcome back Impatientlywaiting! I had a daft dream last week too, baby was already in it, was perfectly quiet and I was completely bewildered, didn't know when to feed it or where to put it!!!

I'm 14 weeks and no bump yet, but I'm very overweight so I guess it'd be tough to see any change. No weight gain yet either, so I'm relieved about that
WereDoingThis

Postby Mrs11 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:47 pm

Hi how is everyone keeping?
I'd my 12 week scan earlier... everything perfect! couldn't believe how big baby's got since my scan at 8 weeks!so everything looking good edd 28th July
Mrs11

Postby sparkle16 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:21 pm

That's Brilliant Mrs11 . I hope we all get good news .
sparkle16

Postby WereDoingThis » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:28 pm

Great news Mrs11!
WereDoingThis

Postby minamc2 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:11 pm

Great news Mrs11, how exciting!
minamc2

Postby LydiaHopeful » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:46 pm

Ah that's greats Mrs11, I'm on wednesday dying to see how things are going . I'm so glad to have got to this point I remember starting this thread thinking OMG I'm 4 weeks . It's mad the difference in growth in few weeks .

Anyone else have scan this week ? How's the sickness ? I'm feeling good today but was quite bad at weekend
LydiaHopeful

Postby Mum2b2019 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:07 pm

Delighted all went well!!! Mine’s on wednesday-feels like it’ll never get here!!! So nervous and excited!!!
Mum2b2019

Postby minamc2 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:07 pm

Best of luck on wed Lydia! I can't wait to get to the 12 wk mark. I booked a private scan for Thursday week just to check in and make sure little blob is doing good. I'll have 12 wk scan on 03/02.

I have terrible nausea at certain times of the day, evening seems to be worse for me! I find eating regularly helps and if don't eat I feel really awful! No vomiting though thank god!
minamc2

Postby Nervymummy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:42 pm

Great News 11!! Busy week of scans!!
Are us Wednesday girls excited?? I’m in with the doctor afterwards. Going to be a long morning I’d say!
I haven’t had a bad dream yet, but my last pregnancy at about 8 was! I had the most horrible dream in a hotel at a wedding. Someone was in the room!! I was screaming at them to get out!! My husband is a heavy sleeper so was screaming for ages til he woke!! The two rooms beside us must have been cursing us. I was so loud. I still can picture the persons face and everything!!
Nervymummy

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy Announcements