June/July/Aug 2019 babies

So you're expecting a baby? Share the great news with us and other mums to be. Tell us your due date and how you are feeling.

Re: June/July/Aug 2019 babies

Postby LydiaHopeful » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:49 pm

I'm sure it will move mrsmc, thought of section scares me too but end of day you will do what best for you and baby. I might have to have section but I'm trying not to worry about it.

Had first random person ask me when baby is due today which was a brave move seen as I'm only 15 weeks!! Bump is definitely showing !
LydiaHopeful

Postby mrsmc2017 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:25 am

Thanks girls. There is nothing like talking to another pregnant Mama sometimes. I tend to get very anxious about this little guy. He is such a longer for baba took us 18 months to c0nceive him and I had a few meltdowns on the way. My family are fantastic to be fair but my mother is having on going chemo so I don't like to burden them and my lovely husband listens and hugs but he doesn't have the same connection to Baby that I do he loves him and all but he is kind of a vague lump under my jumper he can't feel him kick yet.
Which brings me to my next question when does that happen? Hubby is dying to feel it from outside.
mrsmc2017

Postby LydiaHopeful » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:21 am

I don't think anyone worries like we do, I've been feeling rubbish this week and I told hubby I'm worried about baby he thought I was so silly . Like he is right .e having headache is not going affect the baby but I find myself being a bit irrational.even more understanding when you had been trying for long time to have baby.

I think my husband felt first baby around twenty week mark
LydiaHopeful

Postby Love2sleep » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:16 pm

I had my 21 week scan on wed and all went great thankgod!!! Baby is happy out and my placenta is at the back so can feel every nudge and movement. We decided not to find out sex once again and I have no inkling this time. I knew DS1 was a boy I just knew the minute I found out I was pregnant. This time even looking back at conceiving timing it could be either or.
Mrsmc regarding CSection, there’s nothing to be scared of. I had one and I’m having a planned one this time (health issues). Recovery is a little longer but try keep an open mind just in case it does happen.
Regarding kicks, I felt 1st baby at 20 weeks and this baby I’ve felt since around 17 weeks but it depends on placenta. They don’t get strong for a number of weeks and hubby still can’t really feel kicks just yet
Love2sleep

Postby mrsmc2017 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:58 pm

Aw thanks girls. I honestly think it's not the section so much as the being awake for it. My sister had one and she said it was a tough recovery buy tougher because she had an 18 month old at home to mind who didn't understand why Mammy couldn't play woth him or pick him up. I would obvs have just me and Baba. I guess I'm just anxious that it won't move up and that I'll end up restricted. I know you'd do anything to get them here safely and I'm no different. I just wish it was 26 weeks already so I'd know and the lack of decent movement drives me nuts I haven't felt him much today only here and there and it's muffled.
mrsmc2017

Postby Mum2b2019 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:33 pm

Hi ladies, hope ye are all well. Sixteen weeks tomorrow and I’ve just felt so hormonal and emotional the last two weeks, crying at everything!!! Still getting sick every morning, although it easing slightly, just feel so crap!

I think a lot of my worry, is my weight. I’m normally a size 16-18 but I’m just so freaked out over numbers and scales, that I’m so worried how it’s going to affect me (in my head) getting bigger as the months go on, and the baby. I’m trying to eat as healthy as I can, and I’ve started exercising properly -walking /swimming etc - but I just want to know if any of ye had any words of wisdom to get the negative thoughts out of my head, so that I can enjoy things.

Everything else is going well, it’s only the last couple of weeks - feeling fhe clothes get a bit tight - that I’m becoming a whinge bag!!!

Sorry for the rant xx
Mum2b2019

Postby mrsmc2017 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:11 pm

Mum2b rant away! That's what we are here for! I am also a curvy girl - size 14 jeans and I've spent the evening crying after I saw a photo taken of me today. I feel I'm huge in it as in around the legs and my face looks like the moon. Negative thoughts constantly creep in - pregnant or not!! My husband always tells me when I can feel our little one kicking that I'm doing my job right and not to worry about the rest. It can be so hard to not compare yourself to others too we are all human. I think as long as you make a good effort to exercise and eat as healthy as you are able then you are already doing a great job. Hormones won't help you either but we won't talk too much about that!!
mrsmc2017

Postby sparkle16 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:58 pm

Just checking in . Haven't been on in a while. Everyone seems to be getting on well. Great to see the scan pics . I wasn't offered the harmony test and I didn't even know about it as it's my first so I won't be getting it .
sparkle16

Postby impatientlywaiting » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:18 pm

Mum2b2019 I think it is completely normal to be worried about if you're doing the right thing and if you're gaining the right amount of weight. I've also been freaking out about it. I lost a few pounds from all of the morning sickness and I'm a pretty tiny person so it's on my mind all the time have I eaten enough food for baby? am I eating the right stuff? All of the hormones don't help either! My husband thinks I'm a bit crazy and keeps reminding me that unless your doctor is worried, I shouldn't be.

So I'll pass on his words of wisdom, just do your best and try not to worry. ( I know as I type this I'm touching my belly and wishing I could see in there to make sure it's all ok!). I don't think men will every truly understand that feeling of constant guilt or worry that you're doing what's best for baby.

I'm 15 weeks now and had to order some maternity pants as my work pants and tights were getting too uncomfortable. Sounds stupid but I'm sure trying them on tomorrow is going to make me an emotional mess.......on the plus side for once in my life I have some good size boobs! :lol:
impatientlywaiting

Postby LydiaHopeful » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:46 pm

I went up three sizes after having my last child but I lost it though it took about two years cause I just didn't have the motivation to lose the last stone but point is you can do it so in my head I know even if I do put the weight on I can lose it again so I'm not gonna beat myself up about putting on the "right" amount of weight . Midwife told me I was ridiculous worrying about weight gain she said if you are hungry then eat don't try to deprive yourself. I can definitely see weight gain in my face too and some nice person said to me when I told them I was pregnant oh yes you always see it in a person's face first . Just growing a baby is hard enough without having to worry about weight gain.

I'm feeling bit emotional this week too, fifteen weeks. Nearly felt like crying few times in work but I didn't thank god.
LydiaHopeful

Postby Mum2b2019 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:04 pm

Thanks ladies! It’s great that we can help each other, so thank you all for the advice xxx
Mum2b2019

Postby Nervymummy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:41 pm

Hey, try not to stress. I was that 16-18 on my last and it was fine, fairly straightforward pregnancy, beautiful baby boy he was 5lb15 so small.
Clothes will get tight no matter what weight you are, it’s normal. The baby needs roomto grow into their cuteness! The healthy eating and the exercise are great fair play to you. That will help with labour.

Just one thing, if you are overweight, you probably will be asked to do a Glocuse Tolerance Test for gestational diabetes’s I think round 28wks depending on hosp.
I had it on my last baby and got GD. But hey I lost 1.5st with the meds I was on. I’m only telling you so you know now to scare you, I hope I haven’t!l and my hosp usually induces you at 38wks.
As the others said though, enjoy being pregnant as much as you can and just take it step by step. Each day is one day closer to meeting you baba and that’s just the best feeling.
Nervymummy

Postby LydiaHopeful » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:13 pm

Booked gender scan for Sat two weeks time, pretty excited not going to lie. Hope baby plays ball on the day.

Girls I'm so hungry all the time it's getting worse. Though in general morning and evening sickness is pretty much gone. Anyone else still suffering?
LydiaHopeful

Postby mrsmc2017 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:04 pm

I was nauseous all day every day from weeks 9 to 15 and then oh boy did the hunger hit I was absolutely starving!! It has eased now again thank God as long as I eat regular small meals. And plenty water. Tonight I have awful heartburn. Can't think what caused it. But it's torturous. Have taken Gaviscon hope it gets rid of it soon.
Lydia how exciting to find out the gender hopefully Baba will roll over and show their bottom to the sonographer they can take a bit of persuasion sometimes lol! Will be lovely for you to see him/her and how much they have grown too.
mrsmc2017

Postby LydiaHopeful » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:27 pm

Yeah I'm mostly excited to see baby is okay, the first half of pregnancy seems like such a stretch between appointments. I really like the 3d scan too, it's mad the stuff they can show you !

Poor you with the heartburn, I'm not suffering with that yet anyway. Keep drinking the gaviscon hopefully it helps
LydiaHopeful

Postby Mum2be19 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:28 pm

That’s so exciting :) we are waiting till our anomaly scan which is at the end of March so feels like ages away yet! Are you feeling boy or girl Lydia?

I’m still feeling off, no real appetite yet, lots and lots of food aversions!
Mum2be19

Postby LydiaHopeful » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:34 pm

I've really no idea , sure I thought my little girl was a boy so think I'm not even gonna guess this time round. I'll be delighted either way .

Mum2be I'm sure appetite will kick in soon it's not nice being off food . I'm hoping end of March comes quickly too, I have anomaly then too. It's like another hurdle to get to
LydiaHopeful

Postby mrsmc2017 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:48 pm

Scans are brilliant for peace of mind. Some people don't like to have them too often I have a friend who only opts for 2 even as a private patient but I Just love seeing the little arms and legs and that heartbeat. I'm so obsessed with him already and won't meet him for ages yet! Hubby got to feel him kick this evening too which was lovely he has been pestering me all the time to see can he feel him. It was very special.
mrsmc2017

Postby impatientlywaiting » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:11 pm

Hi question for those that have been here before, what do the first kicks feel like and when did you feel them? I'm just about 16 weeks now, sitting at work and I had the strangest feeling in my stomach, just thought it was gas but it went on for a little bit and felt more like a popping popcorn/ fluttering type feeling. Wondering if it was the first little movement/ kicks i was feeling??

Also so sorry you're still feeling like crap Mum2be19. I'm still having the odd morning or afternoon of nausea but it seems to coincide with having lots of "growing pains". Baby is definitely starting to make room in there!
impatientlywaiting

Postby Mrs11 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:07 am

That sounds about rite...just like popping popcorn.is a lovely feeling.wait another few months till he/she is goin mad kicking.my second was such a strong kicker... totally stopping me on my tracks lol
Anyone got the flu vaccine,?I hadn't got round to b and now this is my second day in bed totally dien..I take it it's just one of them things I have to sit out....
Mrs11

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy Announcements