June/July/Aug 2019 babies

So you're expecting a baby? Share the great news with us and other mums to be. Tell us your due date and how you are feeling.

Re: June/July/Aug 2019 babies

Postby LydiaHopeful » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:25 pm

Yes Mrs11 I definitely look further along then I am, it's nice having a bump but I already feel it and dreading what's to come I remember it being a real struggle in the third trimester
LydiaHopeful

Postby Mum2be19 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:18 pm

I’m the exact same, do find myself out of breath as well quite quickly now. And loads of round ligament pain if I move to quickly! How is everyone else feeling?
Mum2be19

Postby Mrs11 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:07 pm

Thank God it's not just me...I'm finding it hard to get comfy in bed lol
Mrs11

Postby impatientlywaiting » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:13 pm

Definitely feeling the bump this week, half way there! Went to an engagement party on friday and if one more person touched my stomach I was going to scream! Feeling the round ligament pain as well, bought an exercise ball to sit on to see if that will help.
impatientlywaiting

Postby mrsmc2017 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:19 pm

Mine is definitely swelling by the week much faster than I thought it would. I alternate between feeling huge and thinking it's not too bad! At least I look actually pregnant now as opposed to just looking like I need to cut back on the cake! I do like my bump mind you. I am starting to fill out the maternity tops too which is nice.
Anybody got any weird cravings?
Am back with the consultant this week on Thursday so hoping the placenta has risen upwards fingers crossed!!
mrsmc2017

Postby minamc2 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:38 am

Morning ladies, hope everyone is good?

I took the plunge and bought a fetal Doppler, got it delivered to work this morning and couldn't help myself but try it out. Took a few seconds but found little munchkins heart beat just beside my belly button, it was amazing, it was consistently at about 150ish. It just proved that I can definitely feel movement as every time it moved away from the Doppler I felt it. My bump has really popped in the last 2 days.

Hope your appointment goes well tomorrow mrsmc :)
minamc2

Postby mrsmc2017 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:35 pm

Aw thanks Mina, am a little.nervous but as long as the wee man is okay everything else can be endured.
I was so tempted to get a Doppler but I decided against it because of the anterior placenta I felt I wouldn't be able to pick up the heartbeat with the placenta at the front and I would spend my time panicking. I've loads of movement so I know he's okay in there.
So looking forward to the long weekend! The plan is to completely chill and do nothing! Anybody doing anything nice?
mrsmc2017

Postby Mum2b2019 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:47 pm

I was so tempted to get the doppler as well, but I know I would be obsessed!!! We have our 20/21 week scan on Monday, so have that to look forward to!! Hope all the ladies here are well xx
Mum2b2019

Postby Mum2be19 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:35 pm

How did your appt go today mrsmc?

How is everyone?
Mum2be19

Postby LydiaHopeful » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:39 pm

Had doc appointment today I'm twenty weeks all good but I've but on fair amount of weight like 10kg maybe. I didn't weigh myself before I got pregnant but around that and I've put on 5kg in last six weeks . I feel like that's really bad but doc didn't even respond to me when I was saying to her I can't stop eating. She doesn't have great mannerism. I mean it's fine I put on loads of weight last pregnancy too and I lost it but I feel like I should be able to manage it better
LydiaHopeful

Postby mrsmc2017 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:00 pm

Scan went fine - placenta has moved up slightly so still low but not dangerously and it's put front of my belly so it was funny to see him kicking it and not feel anything then he moved and started kicking my bladder and boy did I feel that!! But we are fine thank God both of us.
Lydia I think the docs and midwives have been told to not put pressure on women about weight. As in a directive from some medical crowd or other because women are getting so hung up on it that it is leading to an increase in post natal depression. I was told that at my GP last time. She didnt weigh me and i asked her to and she said no they aren't doing that now as part of the checks anymore unless you have some underlying condition like the gestational diabetes. I'm almost 27 weeks and I've out on 12 pounds I'm a little tubster lol but I actually think most of it is in my belly obvs and my boobs. Oh my God they are massive. They will be given their own government if they get any bigger!!
mrsmc2017

Postby LydiaHopeful » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:28 pm

Funnily enough I was never weighed on my last pregnancy and this time around I seem to be , I personally have not been weighing myself. I'm not sure if it's good or bad to be blissfully unaware, anyway it's all superficial really. I think I look good and I feel the same it's my boob's and belly oh and bum . I reckon boob's are just storing up for breastmilk mine were massive when I was feeding last time it was ridiculous. I have been walking Everyday so keeping slightly active but nothing strenuous , I keep seeing these fit pregnancy adds on facebook they would put me to shame

Glad placenta has moved slightly, did they seem concerned about it or do they need it to move further ?
LydiaHopeful

Postby impatientlywaiting » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:48 pm

This is something that's been weighing on my mind the last few days. I've always been a tiny person and I'm so worried when other people make comments that I'm not putting on enough weight for the baby. I'm constantly eating and I feel like to me my bump is huge and my boobs feel gigantic! But I'm so sick of people making comments to me like "omg you're so tiny where's the baby" or "I'm that big after pasta"...blah blah. I wasn't weighed at my last GP visit either, so I think as long as your doctor isn't worried we shouldn't be either. Eat when you're hungry and fuck whatever anyone else has to say! I just can't believe the nerve of some people to make comments to a pregnant woman on her size!!!

Mrsmc2017 glad your scan went well and the placenta has moved. I have my scan next wednesday, so excited to see how much the little bean has grown over the past two months.
impatientlywaiting

Postby mrsmc2017 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:54 pm

He didn't seem too overly concernes Lydia, wants to see me again in a few weeks to make sure it's not slipped down. At the moment it's not covering any part of the cervix so not a previa it's just lower than they like them to be. But not dangerous so as long as I'm not tossing any heavy weight around and being careful I am fine.
Impatientlywaiting my sister like you was tiny through her pregnancy. Put on hardly any weight only baby and she was back in her own jeans 2 weeks later. The breastfeeding melted the baby weight and then some so she actually looked gaunt for a few weeks which isn't nice either and people have sooooo much to say when one is pregnant everyone has an opinion. It's ridiculous. Never you mind any of them. If your smaller size was affecting your little one you can be sure it would have been said to you by the medical professionals minding you.
As for the breastfeeding, I am in 2 minds about that. Not sure if it is for me at all.
mrsmc2017

Postby Mrs11 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:03 pm

I've also been thinking bout breastfeeding...I did it for d first day with my last two but found it so difficult!plus in the back of my mind was d embarrassment factor.im shy about things like that and cudnt imagine having to feed in public or even in front of friends.in saying that I'm seriously considering trying to do it properly this time.im in two minds as well!
Mrs11

Postby minamc2 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:21 pm

I have thought about breast feeding aswell, I did it with my first but he was so hungry I switched to bottles fairly quick. I didn't do it with my second at all. I don't think I will this time either, I can't imagine what my two boys would think if I pulled out my bumps (that's what my 4yr old calls them haha) to feed the baby! They would nearly ask for some aswell, could get very awkward!!
minamc2

Postby minamc2 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:24 pm

Meant to add, for the first time mammies, do what is right for you. The midwives can be very pushy in the hospital about trying to breast feed, if you don't want to do it, stick to your guns xx
minamc2

Postby mrsmc2017 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:31 pm

I've been well warned about that I suppose it is their job and I'm sure it's technically best for Baby but I feel that having a Mammy who doesn't cringe every time he cries for a feed is probably better for him! I have very mixed feelings on it. Just can't bear the thought of having to feed in front of people I'm awful body conscious the best of times and would spend my time locked away in my room rather than interact with family and friends. And also the thought of a tiny human suckling at me for hours a day completely terrifies me. Some might say that's selfish and maybe it is but I know already I'm going to love him and he will be the most important thing in our lives so let them off.
mrsmc2017

Postby LydiaHopeful » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:46 am

I breastfed my first for seven months, I guess I was a little self conscious at first but you get used to feeding discreetly . It's only a big deal if you make it so. I reckon there are pros and cons to both options I certainly enjoyed bottle feeding too once I moved her to forumla and I was happy to give it up. But turned out for me in the early days I felt it was a god send you don't even have to get out of bed to feed , at night id have her fed and settled back in about fifteen minutes. I also liked the freedom of being able to just leave house and not worry about bottles or anything like that or where I would be for a feed. Breastfed babies also don't get wind or as much anyway I guess they don't swallow air the way they do in a bottle. But that being said I didn't have any problems with feeding I've heard plenty say they had supply issues or pain so that's a different story. I just decided to try it and if it worked it worked I wouldn't put pressure on yourself or worry about it . The other side of the coin is you will have more assistance with bottle feeding as anyone can do it and you can share night feeds which is a great thing too as it gets hard having to do it all.
LydiaHopeful

Postby mrsmc2017 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:22 pm

I will have to just decide at some stage I guess....my husband is of the "they are your boobs do it if you want and don't if you don't" which is lovely of him he wouldn't put pressure on like my friends husband did she didn't want to feed and he was awful adamant that she do it and they were all miserable for a finish. I think you have a very sensible attitude to it Lydia thank you! Some people are very judgemental about the whole breast vs bottle thing - on both sides of the argument I night add!!
mrsmc2017

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy Announcements