June/July/Aug 2019 babies

So you're expecting a baby? Share the great news with us and other mums to be. Tell us your due date and how you are feeling.

Re: June/July/Aug 2019 babies

Postby Nervymummy » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:49 pm

Delighted the scan went well! Mimic. team pink, brilliant after two boys
Sarah I’m in the coombe too!

. Enjoy the trip on Sunday impatiently. Ikea have great baby stuff at the end of the top floor room display - baths and stuff like that.
For those going to the fair:
Go prepared to baby fair have an idea of what you want and know prices. Get there early for better chance of one one demos get them to open and close the buggy system if you looking for one! I got pregna care really cheap! Also if you have like a travel system you want let’s say the mamas and papa one, do that first! Then see like Icandy after! You won’t listen to the others until you see the one you prefer!!
How is everyone else?
Nervymummy

Postby Aral78 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:34 pm

Hi ladies, can I please join this group.
Due in July 2019 with babies #3 & #4
Aral78

Postby LydiaHopeful » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:30 pm

Welcome Aral, Twins that's amazing ! How have you been feeling ? I'd imagine it's tough going. How many weeks are you now ?
LydiaHopeful

Postby mrsmc2017 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:44 pm

Welcome Aral, I'm so intrigued with the twin pregnancy how are you doing? Especially as I see you have little ones at home too. I'd say its a lot tougher than carryingna singleton!
I'm 30 weeks tomorrow I actually can't believe it the weeks since Christmas have galloped past me. I am getting excited and terrified in equal measures. I wish someone would just tell me what exact day he will arrive so I could prepare. Am terrified of a long drawn out labour like my sisters both had. I'm not afraid of the pain they have drugs to help with that it's more the actual pushing out of him. The thought of it frightens me something awful.
mrsmc2017

Postby Aral78 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:49 am

Finding it hard Lydia and mrsmc . It is a whole new ball game compared to carrying a single baby. I’m 23 weeks and feel like I am about 35 weeks with my Singleton pregnancies ! I keep reminding myself that it will all be worth it when I get to hold my babies . I have had two previous c sections and have been told I will be having a csection at 37/38 weeks so at least I don’t have to push two out at once :)
Aral78

Postby Aral78 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:55 am

Mrsmc try not to focus on the labor too much, I have 2 sisters with kiddos and all of us had different experiences. I had planned sections, one sister had long labours, one sister had labours so fast both her kids were born within an hour of getting to hospital, no drugs at all. You may not necessarily have the same experience as your sisters!!
Aral78

Postby mrsmc2017 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:28 pm

Thanks Aral, I guess I'm just a big baby myself at heart haha! I can imagine you are feeling very large and uncomfortable with two of them but at least you have a plan in place for them and you will have a date and they will be put quickly. Do you know what you're having?
mrsmc2017

Postby impatientlywaiting » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:54 pm

Welcome Aral! Twins is so exciting and nervewracking all at the same time!

Anyone else go to the babyfair this past weekend? I found it kind of disappointing to be honest. Mainly a bunch of pram vendors and a few other stalls. We were able to get some little bits there but our ikea trip was more successful. Were able to get all the baby's furniture sorted.....now to assemble it all.....
impatientlywaiting

Postby Aral78 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:54 pm

Mrsmc, I think people are just so eager to tell horror stories of both etc. but I heard all the horror stories about c sections and didn’t find it half as bad as some had made out! I think you will do just fine and a small bit of nerves around the unknown is perfectly normal. You got this!!!!!!
We don’t know what we are having at the moment. The sonographer put 2 scan pics which clearly show sex of babies in an envelope. I have it to Hubbie as now that I know I can check the babies gender at any time, I’m kind of okay not knowing just now! I think this pregnancy has made me a bit crazy ;)
Aral78

Postby Aral78 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:58 pm

Hi impatiently waiting,
It is both exciting and a small bit terrifying that I don’t know what’s ahead with 2 but I don’t enjoy pregnancy and love the small baby part so convincing myself it’ll all be good :)
Have you long left to get the nursery furniture put together? I actually like putting together ikea things, it’s so straight forward compared to other flat pack nightmares!
Aral78

Postby mrsmc2017 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:41 am

I think you are brilliant to face the baby fair or Ikea. I struggle to do the weekly shop sometimes my back is starting to really hurt the only time I have proper relief is when I'm doing my daily swim in our local pool. That is my favourite part of the day.
We got some bits and pieces from family so really all we needed was the travel system. Went with the Vista in the end on the rec of friends/family who have that one. Pricey even in the sales! But the roads here are dire so need a strong one with big wheels.
Met a friend for coffee yesterday that I hadn't met since Christmas. She started bawling when I took off my coat and told me that she is having awful trouble conceiving and they have been trying 2 years and nothing. She was so upset. Said she was sorry for not meeting til now but she wasn't able. I totally understand and my heart broke for her. She is going to a fertility clinic next month and she's terrified that they will tell her that she can't have any. My question is - how can I help? Would I be better to let her come to me if she wants to meet? We would be fairly good friends and meet once every couple of weeks.
mrsmc2017

Postby Aral78 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:11 am

We went with the vista double too, as previous one couldn’t be converted! That’s a tough one mrsmc. You could send her a message and say that you understand that she’s happy for you but also devastated for herself and that if she needs to talk, your ear will be there for her. Can’t see that there’s much else you can do as she will undoubtably find it hard esp when you have your little bundle! Ye mightn’t meet up as often but really try be the other end of the phone if you can x
Aral78

Postby Nervymummy » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:22 am

So anyone having trouble sleeping, awake since 430!!! Going to be a long day. Becoming more regular now!! Don’t remember this in my first. Any suggestions to help me bod off again

Congrats on the twins! Double fun Aral.
Impatiently, delighted you got sorted in ikea!! Did you already have your buggy?
Mamc, is agree with aral, be there for her and offer an ear but remember she might take her time meeting you new baby, be patient and hopefully she will have hers soon.
Nervymummy

Postby mrsmc2017 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:42 pm

That's exactly what I was thinking girls. I can't help but be so excited for my little man but I'm so upset for her and would like to avoid upsetting her or causing her to feel worse. She was always good to me when I needed an ear. And would hate her to feel she needed to fake enthusiasm I would totally understand her avoiding me until she is ready to meet a baby. Please God she will have her turn soon. We were ttc 18 months and it was awful I was very bad at times over it I can't imagine how it must be for people who are longer at it.
Nervymummy I'm gone a bit like that lately. Awake every morning at 5am and ready to cry with exhaustion at lunchtime. This could be 4 or 5 mornings a week. It's awful.
mrsmc2017

Postby Nervymummy » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:34 pm

It’s hard when you know someone is struggling. 18months is a good bit of stress too for you, delighted your here now :)

Glad I’m not the only one, the three pm slump need boost every day, PJs once I’m home! Only 14wks to go! How long have you left Msmc? . I’ve a live wire this evening, summersaults non stop, it’s so reassuring, but sometimes I feel like it’s alien,
Nervymummy

Postby mrsmc2017 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:51 pm

I've 9 weeks left as of tomorrow. Which is actually terrifying in a way but I will be glad when he is here. I am currently thrown in bed with the worst pain in my back. It's so uncomfortable. Shoots down my backside into my leg and my hips feel like they are being pressed in a vice. Totally my own fault. I was at a work thing this morning and was tearing around like a lunatic and now I'm suffering. It should ease off soon. And that was my last big work event before I finish I've holidays and then only admin type stuff to do when I get back. Will be definitely finishing by 35 weeks though.
Sometimes my guy is very active. I don't feel every little twitch so much as I've an anterior placenta. It's extremely alien like. I don't hate it because I know he is okay when I feel him roll around but I don't love it the way some do either.
mrsmc2017

Postby LydiaHopeful » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:48 pm

Omg mrsmc 9 weeks , that will fly . I'm starting to feel bad I haven't done a single thing in preparation !

The kicks are very reassuring I do watch out for them everyday. I don't know why but I do worry about her so it's nice to have that reminder she is doing OK. I'll probably finish work by 37 weeks at least. Depending on c section date
LydiaHopeful

Postby impatientlywaiting » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:03 pm

Mrsmc2017 that is so tough, the poor thing. I know when my husband and I were TTC we found out that his sister was expecting. It was very unexpected for her and we had always thought we would be the first in the family to have children. It seemed so unfair at the time and I found it difficult to be happy for her at family events. I guess like the other girls have said just be open and there for her on her own time/ terms.

Had my 24 week GP visit all went well, baby's kicks are so strong! It was pushing the doppler out of the the way so hard the GP was laughing. Hoping to finish up work at 37 weeks but will be playing it by ear from 35 weeks on. We don't have the pram yet but we're going to get the Icandy Orange as it's the most adaptable and better suited to the countryside.

Picked up some paint samples today for the nursery, going for a darker green colour on the walls to go with all the white furniture we picked up on our ikea trip. May take us the next few months to get it all sorted but happy to have all the bits ready to go when we have the energy.
impatientlywaiting

Postby mrsmc2017 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:21 pm

My kicks aren't too strong because of the anterior placenta which is good and bad. He doesn't keep me awake every night but sometimes I panic and wonder did I feel him at all today! But usually a quick poke to the side makes him shuffle a bit.
Anybody having weird cravings? I can't get enough pineapple. Would eat it all day every day. And orange cordial with a heap of ice them along with it.
Impatiently we looked at the iCandy too and I just preferred the Vista when I went to see the 2 side by side. The colours in the Icandy are so much nicer mind you. I haven't much to be worrying me!! Washing all the little vests and babygros today they are all spread around the house to dry and they look so small!!
mrsmc2017

Postby Mrs11 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:41 pm

Anyone here try the haakaa pump before.i remember my last pregnancy everyone was raving about it.seen it at £9 on the haakaa UK website and got it in case I do decide to breastfeed!
Mrs11

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy Announcements