June/July/Aug 2019 babies

So you're expecting a baby? Share the great news with us and other mums to be. Tell us your due date and how you are feeling.

Re: June/July/Aug 2019 babies

Postby mrsmc2017 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:06 pm

My sister used it Mrs11 she found it good. I will ask her for a detailed review when I next see her. So sore today - right at the front of me. Feels like my pelvis aches. What will it be like in a few weeks I won't be able to walk!!
mrsmc2017

Postby Nervymummy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:17 pm

Hey girls, no mad cravings for me. But it’s a great excuse to get something when I want!!
Back in the hosp for a growth scan and review tomorrow. Hopefully won’t be too long.
I got a silver cross last time - will use again,
I’m the same with the pains this week, hips in bits if I move suddenly.
Nervymummy

Postby Yvonne123 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:12 pm

We are all ticking along nicely. It’s getting v real now
I was in for scan yesterday. All looks fine . Baby is breech at moment , hopefully lots of time to turn !!
Yvonne123

Postby Mum2b2019 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:40 pm

Hi ladies, haven’t posted in a little while, so enjoyed catching up on all of the posts! Glad to hear everyond is doing well!
I have my Gestational Diabetes test tomorrow, which I’m dreading, purely because of the morning sickness - if I haven’t eaten by 7am I’m sick and heaving til lunch time. My app is at 9am, can I eat something after the drink they give you? Or do I have to wait? Thanks xx
Mum2b2019

Postby minamc2 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:50 pm

Hi ladies, Delighted everyone is doing so well. I'm off sick at the moment, I had a chest infection last week, went back to the GP today and she wouldn't let me go back to work until next week, I didn't take much convincing!! The nice weather motivated me to start some washing for baby, super excited to be going through all the little small things. I'm back with the consultant on Friday, can't wait to see our little lady again. I feel like my bump is huge, I was walking up a hill today and I was struggling big time and I still have 17wks to go!! Glad scan went well Yvonne, loads of time for babs to turn yet. Good luck tomorrow nervymummy
minamc2

Postby mrsmc2017 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:57 am

I've a scan next week please God he will be turned for home as my mam would say. But plenty time for them all to turn yet!
I've spent the past 3 days washing the little bits my sister gave me so he is clothed fully all the way to 12 months!! Delighted with life. Am packing the hospital bags this week as well as I'm off on holidays and want to get it done.
Mina take that time off and run. You won't lift a chest infection at work especially if you are in a public facing role.
mrsmc2017

Postby minamc2 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:50 am

Aww that's lovely mrsmc, great to get all the clothes from your sister. How exciting packing the hospital bag, can't wait to get to that stage!

I have started washing everything neutral that I had for my boys and have started ordering pink stuff for this little lady. I will also wash the little boy babygrows, I don't think Ill care what color she has on after a nappy explosion at 3 am :lol: I have boxes of little boy clothes in the attic, none of my siblings have kids yet or my siblings in law so someone might get some use out of them some day!
minamc2

Postby mrsmc2017 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:02 pm

Skitting at the 3am poo explosion!! My husband was looking in utter confusion at the mountain of newborn and 0-3 months and asked me if we were having one baby or quads. He said, and I quote "Sure he can only wear one vest and sleepsuit a day surely". Oh did I laugh!! Told him he could him through 5 in an hour some days especially if he is a puker! Was actually weak laughing at him.
Some of the little boy ones are in lovely shades of red and blue and the striped ones are gorgeous. I'd put them on a girl too! But the little pink and white ones are so gorgeous. Dunnes have lovely ones with a strawberry theme they are just adorable.
mrsmc2017

Postby impatientlywaiting » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:07 pm

Glad everyone seems to be doing well. Feeling very big this week and my belly button is starting to pop which is very bizarre to look at! You're all so organized with your clothing, I have 3 baby grows and a newborn outfit and that's it! Waiting for the baby shower as my sis in law and cousins have loads of clothes to give us, don't want to be buying things we don't have to.

Anyone have any recommendations for the best breastfeeding pump. I saw the Hakaa one as well online and it looked good for catching milk?? so much to learn about breasfteeding kind of finding it a little intimidating at the moment.
impatientlywaiting

Postby mrsmc2017 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:59 pm

My sister said the Haka one was perfect for catching milk it got all the bits that would literally spray out of her! She said she would t recommend it for long term pumping too much trouble she said get an electric one that does all the work for you. The thought of it all is scary. My current panic is labour and delivery I hate the not knowing when and how long and all that stuff. Silly I know seeing as I can't control any part of it but it honestly terrifies me to think of it.
mrsmc2017

Postby minamc2 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:47 pm

Hi ladies, hope everyone is doing well. I was back with my Consultant on Friday and thank God all looks well. She was very happy with the results of the anomaly scan and did a scan herself and babs looks perfect. She couldn't clearly see the sex either but would think its a girl, surely 2 separate doctors can't be wrong???? I have started buying pink stuff and dresses so just to be sure to be sure I have booked a gender scan for Friday. I'm afraid of buying too much pink and then being told ITS A BOY! I am happy no matter whether boy or girl, just want a healthy baby, but I don't want to waste a load of money on pink stuff when I am not 100% sure :lol:

Mrsmc you should talk to your consultant if you are worried, mine brought me in a few days early for induction with both of my boys as they were big and I did like knowing the date I would be going in etc. At least if you knew the frequency of the standard appointments etc. closer to your due date it might help to ease the anxiety. The thought of it all is very scary, I have been through it twice and I will still be so nervous coming up to the date. You just have to keep thinking that babs is coming out one way or another and as long as you and baby are happy and healthy that's all that matters :)
minamc2

Postby mrsmc2017 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:18 pm

Thanks Mina - no point in panicking I know especially since the small Boss will decide all of the events. I'm a bit of a worrier at times. Hope everyone had a lovely Easter. I ate all of the chocolate and sat on my backside for most of it. Dragged myself for an odd walk here and there but nothing awful strenuous. Have the bags packed and ready to go with a list of last minute additions to put in on the way out the door like charger and snacks etc. Cannot believe I'm hitting 33 weeks. It's mental. He is all arms and legs lately feels like I am having an octopus at times instead of a little boy!
mrsmc2017

Postby mrsmc2017 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:52 pm

Well ladies I went for scan today and got an awful shock when I was told that the placenta has slipped lower and I've been signed off work with immediate effect and put on restricted activity. Weekly monitoring from here unless I bleed in which case I'm for a hospital stay til he comes. Its looking like a planned section for me at 38/39 weeks depending on his weight at that stage. I'm totally floored. Don't know what to think. (Baba is fine thank God he is doing really well poor little fella he was doing his best to get his head down but no room for him down there. So he's stuck across the top of my bump and I look as wide as an articulated truck!)
Anyone who had a section before would you send any advice my way! Is the labour bag checklist the same with the pads and knickers and little outfit for him? I know I will bleed anyway but how will they get knickers on me when I'll be immobile? Will they dress him for me if I can't move? Girls I don't mind admitting I'm bloody terrified. Not of needles. Of the whole thing the recovery and the being awake while they open my tummy. Gives me the full on shivers.
mrsmc2017

Previous

Return to Pregnancy Announcements