June/July/Aug 2019 babies

So you're expecting a baby? Share the great news with us and other mums to be. Tell us your due date and how you are feeling.

Re: June/July/Aug 2019 babies

Postby Oliviasmum » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:44 pm

Hi Sarah I’m not on this thread but when I was pregnant with my lg I had a scare very early on so doc sent me to the early pregnancy unit I was only 6 weeks and 3 days and they scanned me and said everything looked fine and was were it should be and there was a nice heartbeat and I could actually hear it aswell she is 2 now so if it goes well I wouldn’t really worry all that much best of luck with your scan
Oliviasmum

Postby Mrs11 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:53 pm

Hi Sarah.after seeing the hb chances of a miscarriage drop alot.but I'd be I'd one in sept after seeing a healthy hb at 9.3. I think the chances of that happening are low but...
Anyhow I've been feeling so sick this few days...I'm taking that as a good sign...was in lidl earlier and had to open ginger nuts in the shop...it was either that or puck lol
Mrs11

Postby impatientlywaiting » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:30 pm

Mrs 11 I feel you on the sickness. I'm so sick this week, had to come home from work early today, was dry heaving and hugging the toilet. I'm a legal officer and see clients all day so definitely wasn't up to it! Had to travel to Dublin on tuesday for a meeting and it was a real struggle. Sprite and crackers are my best friend at the moment. and boobs are so sore!! feels like carrying around two big achy lumps.

Lydiahopeful...could it be twins? My friend also said on her second that she is showing much earlier than her first.
impatientlywaiting

Postby sparkle16 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:44 pm

Great Sarah1916 . I did read somewhere the % was less but I will find that later and repost if I do.
If I knew everything was where it should be for the moment I'd be satisfied for the moment.
sparkle16

Postby LydiaHopeful » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:20 pm

Oh gosh impatientlywaiting don't say the twins word ! Keep dreaming I'm having twins but no I don't think so I'd say I'd be much more sick. I haven't thrown up at all just dry heaving sometimes and constant nausea. I'm managing okay really could be alot worse. I'm having mild cramping last couple of days which I know it totally normal but still freaks me out.

I do think chances drop after heartbeat is found but still wouldn't say you are out of the woods as Mrs11 said it can still happen unfortunately
LydiaHopeful

Postby minamc2 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:27 am

Hi ladies
Congrats to everyone on the train! I am very nervous about joining the group but I need to think positively! It is still very early I am just 11dpo today, got my bfp on Friday (and about 20 more since :) ) for baby number 3, estimated due date of 21 August 2019!! I am both thrilled and terrified, I have 2 little boys already (no problems having them) but had 2 MC's this year so I am really hoping this is 3rd time lucky!!! xx
minamc2

Postby Mrs11 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:32 am

Welcome minamc2. Congrats on your bfp...I had a mc in sept as well so I no how nerve wrecking this is.fingers crossed time flies to we get to 12 weeks and relax a little!!
Mrs11

Postby LydiaHopeful » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:18 pm

Welcome Minamc2 delighted to see you here. It's been a long road , all you have is being able to think positively so just keep the faith. I'm nearing 7 weeks and it's been the longest three weeks of my life. But getting there slowly.

I'm wishing the days away till Xmas holidays I'm really struggling but I'm not throwing up I just feel nauseous so I guess that's a blessing kinda. Can't wait to feel myself again
LydiaHopeful

Postby impatientlywaiting » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:15 pm

Congrats Minamc2!! welcome. Hope the next few weeks fly by for you and you can relax a bit.

I've been suffering a lot this weekend between nausea and that not so wonderful system that no one tells you about....constipation!! I feel so shitty (no pun intended). I had to stop taking my pregnancy viatmin and go back to plain folic acid. And drinking prune juice and a fiber supplement drink like it's my job. Never had this before, so any tips would be welcome. Pharmacist told me it's super common, but still feeling like an old lady with the prune juice!
impatientlywaiting

Postby brownie » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:10 am

Hi girls and congrats to all on here!! Impatientlywaiting the constipation is total misery so said I would hop on to ask have you tried 'Fybogel'??
Its a powder you mix with water, drink it off quickly and follw with another glass of water. You can get it over counter at pharmacy and its safe in pregnancy.
I"ve been on it about 8 weeks, I'm 32 weeks now. Its very gentle, it wont be instant but after 2 or 3 days taking it you should be more comfortable xxx
brownie

Postby Sarah1916 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:52 pm

Hi all,

I attended the Dr on Friday.
He never asked me what test I took or how many or anything and didn't offer to do a test himself.

He then gave me a letter and recommended I hand deliver it to the Coombe. He never even mentioned anything about a registration form. I called the Coombe on Friday afternoon to make sure there would be someone there in the evening to take my letter and it was only then that the girl asked me had the doctor given me the registration form. I told her he never even mentioned it and she said she doesn't understand why but so many doctors don't mention it. From how my Doctor was talking he just thought his letter was all the Coombe needed. I have printed off the registration form this morning, filled it out and posted it away along with the Doctors letter.

Surely these doctors have women in all the time that are pregnant - you would think they would know what to tell them. He did include on the letter that my cycles were extremely irregular and long so it is quite hard for me to know how long I am gone so hopefully the Coombe will see me sooner rather than later.

I have booked for a private scan next week anyway - I think I will be at 6+4 but according to my LMP I will be almost 8 weeks.
Sarah1916

Postby Sarah1916 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:12 pm

I should have added to the above - the Dr. never took my blood pressure, weighed me or anything. Is that normal?
Sarah1916

Postby sparkle16 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:22 pm

Sarah 1916 my doctor posted everything to my hospital. Did urine test did weight too . I assume your doctor should have .
I had my early scan today . 6 weeks 3 days . Couldn't see the heartbeat but saw the gestitational sac and yoke sac . All where they should be which is positive for me. She thinks I have my dates wrong I'm going back in two weeks for a follow up. I'm happy for now that it's not an ectopic that was my first thought .
sparkle16

Postby Mrs11 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:05 pm

Sarah1916 I never got weighed,blood pressure etc in any of my pregnancies.that will happen at your booking appointment at about 12 weeks.
That's great sparkle..it's still early for hb.least it puts your mind at rest!
Mrs11

Postby sparkle16 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:41 pm

Thanks Mrs11 they gave me measurement and all and I googled the measurements and they are a good size for the dates 15mm gestitational sac 3.5 mm yoke sac.
Hope sarah1916 gets more information in her scan I think I'm just a few days out on my dates. Was brilliant to see the scan on the screen.
sparkle16

Postby Sarah1916 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:41 pm

Thanks Sparkle - Did they say that they think you are less than 6+3 and that is why you have not seen your HB? I am pretty sure I am definitely going to be at least 6+4 at my scan so I really hope I get to see the HB.
Sarah1916

Postby sparkle16 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:41 pm

Sarah1916 yes she gave me a report with sizes and said on it at the very end " ?? Too early/wrong dates" literally 2 X ?? . Because everything is where it should be she wasn't worried she told me come back . She said she couldn't date it until she gets the heartbeat.
sparkle16

Postby LydiaHopeful » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:53 pm

I'm glad scan went well sparkle, do they make you pay again in two weeks ?! I hope not

Has anyone received appointment dates from hospital ? My doc sent letter she never said anything to me about registration form . Last pregnancy they only sent letter too I better look up the hospital website. My doc did test and blood pressure but I remember last pregnancy they didn't do either just took my word for it. I remember thinking it strange at the time
LydiaHopeful

Postby sparkle16 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:14 pm

I still won't be happy until I see the heartbeat but I'm trying looking at positives only .
I literally got my first letter 2 days after being at the doc and then another letter last Thursday with scan dates which would be 12 days later.
sparkle16

Postby Sarah1916 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:01 pm

Are any of you in the Coombe? I wonder when I will get my first appointment. My doctor said that they don’t do a scan at 12 weeks in the Coombe and the first scan they will do is at 20 weeks but they will call me for a meeting at around 12 weeks, is that normal! Also, is the first appointment always at 12 weeks or is it usually later?
Sarah1916

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy Announcements