December 2019 Babies

So you're expecting a baby? Share the great news with us and other mums to be. Tell us your due date and how you are feeling.

Re: December 2019 Babies

Postby jess121 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:21 pm

Girls ya wouldn’t believe how relieved I am to hear we are all giving dtd a miss!! I thought it was just us and was so worried something was wrong!!
Emily I had my checkup last week, yes had a little scan to check for heartbeat, bloods, urine etc
I have my Test for gestional diabetes this week- o am having it cause I have PCOS so apparently am more at risk of developing it, fingers crossed all will be ok
Hope everyone having a lovely Sunday
jess121

Postby Dotty37 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:53 am

Emily you should get a really quick look at bubs at the check up, you won't get any pics or anything but they just check the heartbeat.
When is the rain coming back???? I actually can't cope with this weather!!
Good luck with the diabetes test Jess, I've mine in 2 weeks I think so let me know how it is!
Dotty37

Postby emillylou » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:29 am

No defo dont worry jess its not just yous! I seen a pic on instagram a while ago and it was loads of diff positions for pregnancy and loads of people were commenting saying yeh we're doing 1,2,5,6 and im over here like nope no chance!!
Ok thats good I'll even get a little scan! Does everyone do the diabetes test x
emillylou

Postby jess121 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:37 pm

I don’t think so Emily, my sister never had it. The reason they gave me is because of PCOS is related to insulin resistant you are most at risk of getting it
jess121

Postby Dotty37 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:55 pm

Even my dh said the what to expect book was full of dtd during pregnancy. It makes you think your the only one not doing it! I cannot imagine being the slightest bit interested ever again!
Dotty37

Postby jess121 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:12 pm

I know girls, I miss the intimacy side of it but also am too nervous Incase anything would happen, had a good chat with DH last night. He’s nervous too and he said especially since the baby is kicking and moving so much he was like it doesn’t feel right !!
Had my Glucose tolerance test yesterday, it takes about three hours of fasting and repeat bloods after they give you sugary drinks. I was starving after!! Will get the results in a few days. I’m finding being off work hard, I’m bored already!! I’m looking around the house and there is so much I want to do before the baby arrives but I sit have the energy to do it at the minute !!
jess121

Postby Dotty37 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:57 pm

How's everyone doing? It's been quiet here lately. Jess how's the boredom? I've been going crazy lately at home, poor dh had such a list of things to do over the weekends due to my extra time to plan. Started to get things sorted for my hospital bag this week, at my scan last week I'm complete placenta previa now. So section for me. Bubs still small enough too so prob get my steroids next week, it's so surreal to think she could be here in 5/6 weeks. Don't feel ready at ALL. But all my friends with babies tell me that's a completely normal feeling. Tiredness has stepped up a notch the last few days as has my breathlessness. 27 weeks now. Mental. How is everyone else feeling?
Dotty37

Postby jess121 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:46 pm

Hi Dotty,
Boredom is killing me & like you tiredness is killing me so I have so much work for poor DH to do cause I don’t have the energy! I had a clinic app on Monday & I’m for a section too because of the issue with my pelvis. I’m 25+3 where is the time going. I’ve started to buy a few bit for my maternity bag too like toiletries & pads etc and picking up some vests, babygrows etc. the shopping is belong with the boredom!! Wow I cant believe your LO could be here so soon, it must be exciting but nerve wrecking for you, my sister said to me with your first even at the 40th week you don’t feel ready. Will they decide on a date based on your scans ?
At the minute I am totally obsessed with watching Emma Willis Delivering Babies from season 1 on sky. I love it but I do be an emotional wreck!!
How is everyone else doing ?
jess121

Postby emillylou » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:44 am

I love that programme jess!i find some of the others a bit intense! Wow dotty i cant believe your little one might be here soon! How often are they seeing you now in hospital?
Im 25+5 but my hospital have me a day ahead?! I had an app last week and all is good, i feel pretty big for my size now!i feel like the time is flying now!i also get very tired and for the first time last night i woke with such bad reflux. Wr ordered our pram the other day! Have yous both any other bits? Is anyone bottle feeding?x
emillylou

Postby Dotty37 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:56 am

I love that programme too!!! Always end up in a complete heap tho. Although crying is my norm at the moment! At the hospital weekly now, it's a wait and see how far we get. She is petite so they are monitoring her growth, if it falls off they will get her out. Its all a bit unpredictable which is obviously driving me insane! I've bought buggy, car seat, next to me crib and a change table, clothes etc. Going to the Mothercare expectant parent event on Sunday so want to get changing mats etc then. I want to breastfeed but planning hoping to express and use a bottle at times too so dh can get involved too. The haaka pump seems to be really good (according to insta reviews anyway) it's really natural. But if we're in special care for a bit ill have to use the hospital pumps for a bit. What are you girls hoping to do? A friend said the hospitals do prepare ready to go bottles so if plans to breastfeed don't go to plan u can just get them, without having to get all the stuff beforehand. Got a load of dark maternity pyjamas for hospital too, so just trying to get the bags sorted now.
Emilylou a day ahead is fine, all babies are different at this stage, growth spurts etc happen at different times.
Dotty37

Postby jess121 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:39 pm

Emily the hospital had me at 5 days ahead then last scan 1 day behind so I think it varies as Dotty says with growth spurts , I’m planning on bottle feeding Emily, unless an health issues with the baby when he/she arrives. I have a lot of stuff already from my sister so we are very lucky but I have bought a few new bits that we needed. DH thinks I’m way too organized but it’s all this time off!!
jess121

Postby Dotty37 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:46 pm

What kind of bottles did you get Jess? I want to have some too but there's so many I haven't a clue about what to get. It's the not working has us organised but you just never know and it's far better to have it all sorted! We painted babys room (Well I supervised) and I've really enjoyed doing things to get ready aswell. Doesn't take much to excite me these days! Have a wedding Friday and I may callopse after all the social interaction!
Dotty37

Postby brownie » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:22 pm

Dotty I got loads of different bottles, MAM anti colic ones were the best for us and Im breastfeeding, they seem to be quite popular! He was brilliant to take it up to around 3 months, then we got lazy about it and has been a battle ever since... Don't express by electric pump too early, you could end up very engorged.
Haakka is brilliant and although i dont use it any more it was a lifesaver for catching letdown from other boob and hubbie would give baby the couple of ounces i collected in the haakka throughout the day in a bottle at night from about 3 weeks old. Any questions feel free to fire away, i was totally lost and clueless for the first few weeks of feeding, still am sometimes!!!
Girls delighted to see ye all flying along xxxx
brownie

Postby Dotty37 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:29 pm

Thanks so much brownie, I find the breastfeeding such a minefield, it seems to be trial and error for such a lot of women. I want to use the haaka in the same way as you, heard such good things about it. Stupid question but can u use the mam bottles with the haaka? Or do u express into one and then transfer? Thanks as always for the advice
Dotty37

Postby emillylou » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:46 pm

Brownie you're so good for popping on! Il take any advice i can get! Jess im the same with the bottle feeding! Im unsure what bottles to get though.im starting to get really excited now!
emillylou

Postby brownie » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:28 pm

I think a massive part of breastfeeding is getting help with it. Like literally every latch. If your little girl comes as early as you think you will have to pump early I would imagine...
I won't lie it was tough going at the start and I was kinda in two minds about it aswell. But then I decided I was determined to keep going, i was lucky and knew one of the lactation consultants in the hospital and also used one of the perks of my health insurance to get another lactation consultant out to the house the day after baby came home. She showed me different positions to feed and told DH he was basically my slave now and to bring me food and water all the time i was under baby lol!!!
The Haaka is just a silicon container that you can suction onto your boob (side note, look up correct way to attach it online cos I was doing it wrong for 2 months and it kept falling off and spilling all over bed)
Anyways after feeding you would have to transfer it to a bottle yep. Breastmilk will keep for 6 hours at room temperature, 6 days in the fridge and 6 months in freezer. So if you've collected a few small amounts and put them in the fridge you can then mix them all together and either freeze it or give in a bottle that night or the next day or whatever.

Anyways im rambling, i had endless questions about it and still do!
My top tip would be to get the silver cups which help healing the boobs, look them up online, about €50 but so so worth it. Think they are called 'breast angels'. And wear them from first feed dont wait until you are already sore!
Hopefully you will get loads and loads of support and help especially if baby comes early im sure they will look after you both and guide you so well xxx

Emily i had looked up loads about bottles too, i got the Nuk ones aswell, and actually the teats on the little bottles of formula they give you in hospital are Nuk too so it will be an easy transition! A handy thing about the MAM anti colic ones is that you can sterilise them in the microwave, I find it handy anyways!

The next few weeks will fly by girls xxx
Will be so looking forward to hearing about all the precious arrivals!!!
brownie

Postby Dotty37 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:22 am

Thanks so much brownie, that's exactly what we needed to hear! It's so great to hear the experience of what works in practical terms too, the little tips that maybe the midwife might not think of. Ill prob be back with more questions soon! Thanks again x
Dotty37

Postby emillylou » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:15 pm

Thanks brownie! I was thinking if starting with the nuk bottles and seeing how they go!
Is anyone going to go to the baby fair in october x
emillylou

Postby Mrsfarmer » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:49 pm

I didn't realise this forum was still going, it went a bit quiet for a good while. Used it a lot with my first nearly 4 years ago. Baby no.3 due for me in November.
Our best buys on baby no.1 were the next2me crib, Tommee tippee perfect prep machine and started using the Mam bottles on baby 2, they're fantastic, used the mam soothers too. No need for a steriliser with the mam soothers or bottles.
Mrsfarmer

Postby Dotty37 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:54 pm

Hi everyone, hope we all had a good weekend? I went to the Mothercare expectant parent morning yesterday and would recommend if you were thinking of it. They have a midwife who goes through the basics of bathing and sleeping, dh found it really good. They made it seem really simple! Also got pretty much everything I wanted to get baby bits wise afterwards. Need to get some small baby clothes but will wait for a better weight estimate nearer the time. Feel happier knowing we have everything ready and have all the stuff for my hospital bags ready to go.
Dotty37

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy Announcements