December 2019 Babies

So you're expecting a baby? Share the great news with us and other mums to be. Tell us your due date and how you are feeling.

Re: December 2019 Babies

Postby jess121 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:43 pm

Hi Everyone
Dotty so glad you got everything you needed. Sounds like a lovely event . Emily we were planning on going to the pregnancy & baby fair next month but my pelvis gave way completely on me on Sunday. I have SPD and am officially on bed rest . I can’t walk without crutches and excruciating pain. It’s going to be a long 13 weeks!
jess121

Postby Dotty37 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:36 pm

Oh jess you poor thing. Are you in total bed rest now? Must be so annoying but hopefully eases the pain for you? I've just started downton abbey box sets from the beginning it's a nice easy thing to watch if your stuck.
Had my diabetes test this am, wasn't too bad at all actually. Has anyone else had theirs yet?
Dotty37

Postby Dreambaby » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:50 pm

Had mine last week. Was fine. I’m on holidays at the moment enjoying the break from work. I did have pain in my leg since flight and had to go a&e in Spain yesterday. All ok thank god. Feeling very emotional since it to be honest, whether it was the 700euro bill I got after I was told by health insurance that I was covered in all Spanish hospitals I don’t know. Now they are saying I’m only entitled to 50% back. I have lodged a complaint but pretty stressful. I rang before I went to hospital the international number on my health insurance card abs was told I was covered in all Spanish hospitals, afterwards I was told I was only covered 50% as an outpatient and fully if I was admitted. I would have gone to public a&e if that was the case as I had European health card, disaster
Dreambaby

Postby Dotty37 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:49 pm

Do you have private insurance as well dream? You are definitely covered through your private insurance and as an eu citizen- I claimed on mine in Greece. Not sure who you check with but id definitely query it, glad all is ok Tho. Not nice to have that while your away
Dotty37

Postby Dreambaby » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:26 pm

Yes, I have private health insurance. I rang them (the international no) before I went to hospital and was told I was covered in all Spanish hospitals. Halfway through tests I was informed when I rang again, That i was only fully covered if I was admitted and if I was an outpatient then I would need to pay and claim 50%. It was 700euro bill so quite annoyed by the fact I was originally told one thing without the specifics. I have put a complaint in so waiting to hear back.
Dreambaby

Postby Dotty37 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:41 am

I was admitted in one hospital and fully covered, and then treated as an outpatient in another. Vhi paid both no problem. And I don't think if was based on what kind of benefit or scheme u have. Definitely follow that up and complain. I know with vhi it says they pay up to 65k abroad medical fees so it doesn't specify whether admission or outpatient. Can u claim back with your eh11 card? So frustrating to be landed with a big bill
Dotty37

Previous

Return to Pregnancy Announcements