December 2019 Babies

So you're expecting a baby? Share the great news with us and other mums to be. Tell us your due date and how you are feeling.

Re: December 2019 Babies

Postby jess121 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:43 pm

Hi Everyone
Dotty so glad you got everything you needed. Sounds like a lovely event . Emily we were planning on going to the pregnancy & baby fair next month but my pelvis gave way completely on me on Sunday. I have SPD and am officially on bed rest . I can’t walk without crutches and excruciating pain. It’s going to be a long 13 weeks!
jess121

Postby Dotty37 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:36 pm

Oh jess you poor thing. Are you in total bed rest now? Must be so annoying but hopefully eases the pain for you? I've just started downton abbey box sets from the beginning it's a nice easy thing to watch if your stuck.
Had my diabetes test this am, wasn't too bad at all actually. Has anyone else had theirs yet?
Dotty37

Postby Dreambaby » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:50 pm

Had mine last week. Was fine. I’m on holidays at the moment enjoying the break from work. I did have pain in my leg since flight and had to go a&e in Spain yesterday. All ok thank god. Feeling very emotional since it to be honest, whether it was the 700euro bill I got after I was told by health insurance that I was covered in all Spanish hospitals I don’t know. Now they are saying I’m only entitled to 50% back. I have lodged a complaint but pretty stressful. I rang before I went to hospital the international number on my health insurance card abs was told I was covered in all Spanish hospitals, afterwards I was told I was only covered 50% as an outpatient and fully if I was admitted. I would have gone to public a&e if that was the case as I had European health card, disaster
Dreambaby

Postby Dotty37 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:49 pm

Do you have private insurance as well dream? You are definitely covered through your private insurance and as an eu citizen- I claimed on mine in Greece. Not sure who you check with but id definitely query it, glad all is ok Tho. Not nice to have that while your away
Dotty37

Postby Dreambaby » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:26 pm

Yes, I have private health insurance. I rang them (the international no) before I went to hospital and was told I was covered in all Spanish hospitals. Halfway through tests I was informed when I rang again, That i was only fully covered if I was admitted and if I was an outpatient then I would need to pay and claim 50%. It was 700euro bill so quite annoyed by the fact I was originally told one thing without the specifics. I have put a complaint in so waiting to hear back.
Dreambaby

Postby Dotty37 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:41 am

I was admitted in one hospital and fully covered, and then treated as an outpatient in another. Vhi paid both no problem. And I don't think if was based on what kind of benefit or scheme u have. Definitely follow that up and complain. I know with vhi it says they pay up to 65k abroad medical fees so it doesn't specify whether admission or outpatient. Can u claim back with your eh11 card? So frustrating to be landed with a big bill
Dotty37

Postby emillylou » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:39 pm

Hi girls! Its gone very quiet on here! How is everyone doing x
emillylou

Postby jess121 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:20 pm

Hi Girls
I’ve been locked out of my account and not able to log in! How is everyone? 28 +1 here, have been diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes- it’s not to bad my fasting glucose is a little high but the rest of my sugars are normal so just have to monitor my levels 3 time a day and control it with diet . It actually makes you think a lot more before you eat! I’m not surprised I have it to be honest apparently it’s very common to get it when you have PCOS. Apart from that I am crippled with my back- have symphsis pelvic dysfunction so have severe pain except for when I’m lying down!! How is everyone else doing ? Time is just flying by
jess121

Postby emillylou » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:43 pm

Aw jess you poor thing,are you finding things to keep you occupied at home! Do you have to do the finger prick to monitor your bloods?
Im 28+2,im finding the time is going quick too! Im back in the hospital on tuesday for and anti d, urine, bloods etc! For those bottle feeding, how many bottles are you getting!x
emillylou

Postby jess121 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:53 pm

Ya have to do the finger prick test , it could be worse I could have to take meds or inject myself so I shouldn’t complain too much! I’m going to bottlefeed . I bought the tomee tipee sterilizer with starter kit- it comes with 8 small
Bottles and 8 larger one so I think that will be ok to get us started and can always pick up more as needed. I had it bought when I read that Nuk are meant to be better but will see how we get on with these first !
jess121

Postby Dotty37 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:49 pm

Hey girls, glad to hear were all doing ok. Jess glad your not having to take meds etc. Is the diet really restrictive or not too bad?
Emilylou I'm planning on breastfeeding but I got some mam bottles just in case too, brownie had recommended them and someone on insta! But it seems to be trial and error and baby dependent so stick with what u have and see how you go? I've heard from friends that the pre made bottles you get from the hospital are a life saver in the first while if your stuck.
I'm 29+4 and actually cannot believe it. Getting uncomfortable now and seem to have ballooned over the last month. Back is sore today too, sorry Jess u must be feeling lile this every second! Are you just on bed rest?
Dotty37

Postby jess121 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:51 pm

The diet isn’t too bad- just have to eat a small carbohydrate every two hours so small and often meals and no sugar . It’s more the pain of having to do the test three times a day but it could be worse. I had an appointment this morning and a scan all looks great & baby is measuring perfect. I will be monitored every 2 weeks from now on cause of the GD. Yes Dotty I’m suppose to be on total bed rest but I am pottering about doing small bits but to be honest I can’t do very much- went to Aldi with DH yesterday to do the shopping and was in agony by the time we got to the tills so I spent the rest of day in bed. Hubby got me Sky into our room last week so l it’s not so bad, I just prop myself up with my pregnant pillow and watch TV etc!
jess121

Postby Dotty37 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:21 pm

I've been watching downton abbey Jess, it's gotten me through the last 2 weeks. Its on sky it's a lovely easy watch. Small and often is prob good st this stage anyway, I find myself doing that any way as I get heartburn eating a big meal.
I'm 30 weeks today and had my 2 weekly scan today, all good and bubs even had a mini growth spurt. Back again in 2 weeks. They ar checking the flow through placenta every week now as it's gone up a bit but still normal range. They are really looking after me. If all stays the same it will be section at 37 weeks. Which is not long away at all!!! Better get my bags sorted!
Dotty37

Postby jess121 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:49 pm

Girls I don’t know what’s going on I keep getting logged out & cant log in!! Thanks Dotty, I’ve watched Downton before but have started to re watch it again, it’s a lovely watch. So exciting Dotty won’t be long until your lo is here . How many weeks are you now. I’m 29+2 and we put up our cot yesterday, I was so emotional sitting on my yoga ball supervising hubby , I was like I never though we would do this after so many losses I feel so blessed.
We are starting our antenatal classes this week through our hospital , has anyone else started yet? I’m nervous as don’t know what to expect ?
jess121

Postby Dotty37 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:17 am

Jess I never seem to get notifications for this either!
Have you been to your antenatal class yet? Mine are in 2 weeks, no idea either what to expect but I'm sure there will be at least one or 2 things for us to learn and take away from it. I'm 31 weeks today, all of a sudden it seems to be flying along. I've been wishing the weeks away and now I wouldn't mind it slowing down a bit. 6 weeks to go till I meet this one! Have you been getting any huge kicks or punches? Got such a whack yesterday I fully jumped! Being scanned every week now but placenta holding up so far. This one has been sideways since 20 weeks and showing no signs of budging. How Are you getting in with the pgp?
Sometimes those moments really get to you, especially when we've been through so much to get here...I can't imagine how I'm going to feel when I see her for the first time. It makes me cry just thinking about it.
Dotty37

Postby emillylou » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:08 am

Hi girls il be 30 weeks tomorrow! Had an appointment last week and baby is currently breech but lots of time to turn!
We're doing 2x 4 hour classes but oue first one isnt until the end of the month. I booked ages ago and that was all they had!
Dotty im getting some pretty big kicks now aswell! Sometimes when im lying on my side i get this big ripple feeling! Its so strange!
emillylou

Postby Sarah83 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:20 pm

Ladies I hope ye dont mind me popping in here for a minute!! 6 weeks pregnant today...I dont have any nausea and as silly as it sounds i really want it for reassurance until my 8 week scan! Can I ask when it kicked in for you? I know everyone is different and it varies...Dotty I know you for one it kicked in very early. I dont have many symptoms. Boobs on and off tenderness, still on & off crampy and some lower back ache which I hope is all normal. Not long to for for ye ladies x
Sarah83

Postby Dotty37 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:34 pm

Sarah I was about 7 weeks when I started to feel sick, then 8 to 9 weeks it peaked and then went thank God around 13 weeks. I know your probably panicking but please don't. I think mine was worse due to the progesterone too, and it's not a definite thing kicking in, for me it was a gentle increase! I had cramping up to 10 weeks or so too. My boobs were tender from around 6 weeks too, not everyone gets nausea. But the back pain and sore boobs are very definitely pregnancy related. Im sure your going out od your mind with the stress but dont panic.
Emily my classes are 2 hours for 4 weeks so the same, I booked myself into a breastfeeding class too cos I feel like I haven't a clue about it. Saw the premade bottles in the hospital yesterday and it's good to know we have an alternative if it doesn't work out. It's lovely when you feel that tho isn't it? My dh felt it the other day too he hadn't really up to now.
Dotty37

Postby Dotty37 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:37 pm

I remember particularly feeling awful around my first scan which was 7+6. It hadnt been very noticeable before that.
Dotty37

Postby Sarah83 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:37 pm

Dotty thanks for that...you are the voice of reason and i need that. I hate sounding neurotic and for some reason i thought at 6 weeks i should start to feel sick! I really want to relax and enjoy this and i manage it for a minute & then im back to worrying! Good to know i have plenty of time for the sickness to kick in, and ill be dying for it to pass over then! Xx
Sarah83

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy Announcements