pg and flying?

So you're expecting a baby? Share the great news with us and other mums to be. Tell us your due date and how you are feeling.

pg and flying?

Postby broody1 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:33 pm

Just found put im pg. Did a test. Had mc 3mths ago. Hb booked new years eve away in germany. Is it safe to fly? Seen conflictin stories on the net but no medical evidence......
wat does everyone tink...
broody1

Re: pg and flying?

Postby ashyblondie » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:00 pm

I've heard its advisable after 6 months not to fly so myself I would fly but saw you said you are going to the doc next week so he / she is the best person to ask. Congrats again, I'll have to start an August due date train, we will have plenty more from the December TTC train joining us :-)
ashyblondie

Postby Baba2016 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:55 pm

Congratulations broody1! Great news and wishing you a very happy and healthy 9 months!

I had an early MC the month before my sticky BFP so I understand the mixture of happiness and worry that you're feeling. I found it very hard to relax until I hit the 12 week mark and in the early couple of weeks I have to admit I went through a fair few pregnancy tests! Also went for an early scan at around 8.5 weeks just for peace of mind - would definitely recommend doing that if you're able to as I remember how slowly the days seemed to go by just waiting to hit the 12 week mark.

I went on a flight when I was around 11 weeks - I had checked with my doctor beforehand and he said that there was no problem at all, and I think he mentioned something to me like the fact that so many air hostesses fly while pregnant and that there is no increased risk. But if in doubt, check with your own GP.

Very best of luck with everything!
Baba2016

Postby ChicaMomma » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:49 pm

i flew at 5 and 6 weeks- long haul too- no problems, i think with a short flight it'll be fine!
FTR i'll be flying at 31 weeks- consultant said as long as i feel ok she has no issue with it

Could not recommend an 8/9 week early scan more also. I would advise anyone to do the same. You see plenty and your risk of MC then drops to 3%. Waiting until 12/13/14 weeks for me was just not a runner for me being the worrier that i am!
ChicaMomma

Postby broody1 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:22 pm

Thanks gals. Ya ashyblonde have to start a new thread. Know all about early pg but after that am clueless!!
Thanks for advice misty and chica. Ya i will def have a scan early, although had an early scan last time and mc a week later.
Im holding back my excitment and celebrations for a little while.
broody1

Postby Positivepolly » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:52 pm

I was 12 weeks going on hols & all good,, congrats broody x
Positivepolly

Return to Pregnancy Announcements