doctor test negative, home test positive

So you're expecting a baby? Share the great news with us and other mums to be. Tell us your due date and how you are feeling.

doctor test negative, home test positive

Postby newkidontheblock » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:32 am

I'm soooooooo excited. Took a clearblue home pregnancy test on Friday 13th and it said pregnant 1-2 weeks! So i went to the doctor that day to confirm. She said that their test detects something different to what the home pregnancy tests do, so it may be negative on her test. It was negative on her one when i did it but she said to carry on as if i am pregnant anyway and return the first week of January for another test there. I last had my period on 13th November and I havent had it yet, plus i have had 3 negative tests with clearblue before so I think I am pregnant. I havent been sick or anything yet, but I do feel different. Has this happened to anyone else before with a doctors test? Also, about once a day I get mild cramping, but I've heard this can be due to the uterus changing? Anyone else get this? Great to be able to talk to other women about my little secret!
newkidontheblock

Re: doctor test negative, home test positive

Postby MrsK2014 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:22 am

Congrats newkidontheblock, exciting times :-) that happened me too but the GP told me that their tests are not as sensitive as the clearblue ones and not too worry, easier said than done i know :-) and just went back the following week with a first morning urine sample and all came back positive :-) I did take another home pregnancy test in between just to be sure :lol: :lol: Hope your feeling well
[img]http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev064pr___.png[/img][/url]
MrsK2014

Postby firsttimemum » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:51 am

Congratulations!!! My GP didnt bother doing a test as she said the clearblue are more accurate than the ones she had. Your very early as well so the level of hCG might not be detected in your gps test as they're not as good.

Hope you have a very happy and healthy 9 months x
firsttimemum

Postby Lilyboo » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:15 pm

Ah huge congrats newkidontheblock, wishing u a happy and healthy 9 mths,
clearblue def more sensitive than gp tests, happened to me before aswell, did a clearblue and came up 1-2 and gp test came up negative, got gp to take a blood test to check hcg and came up positive,
Great early Xmas present :-)
Lilyboo

Postby newkidontheblock » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:59 pm

Thanks girlies you're all sooooo good! Yeah I took another one today said 2-3 weeks so all good! Cant wait to get it all confirmed in January and get the ball rolling. Appreciate all the support. Can anyone else tell me if they got uterus cramps in early pregnancy? been getting a bit the last few days, mild but still aware of them. In know this could just be the uterus stretching and moving but would rather ask. xxxxx
newkidontheblock

Postby Lilyboo » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:29 pm

That's great nkotb that u got 2-3 on test. It's a relief isn't it. Def normal wit the cramps in first few weeks just stretching,
Morn sickness and nausea has hit me on the 6 week mark. Don't mind tho cause it's a good sign hopefully
Lilyboo

Return to Pregnancy Announcements