Could it happen that quickly?

Ask questions or share your knowledge of trying for a baby, the emotional rollercoaster, the technicalities.

Could it happen that quickly?

Postby readyandwaiting » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:46 pm

Hi Girls,

My Husband and I have literally just decided to start trying....well more decided to stop preventing it :-) I found this site to start doing some research because to be completely honest I am really clueless when it comes to knowing when you are ovulating etc.... (also still trying to grasp all the abbreviations so hope I am using them right :-) )

I was on the pill for about 2 years and came off it 12 months ago so my periods have been pretty regular for a while now. I have a 28-29 day cycle. My cycle started the 3rd or the 4th of October ( I was only holidays so cannot remember which exact day it was) My Husband and I dtd last Thursday (18th of Oct) Am I right in saying that I would have been ovulating around this time? I started to get a very very mild cramp like a period pain today and just have a general fussy feeling in the pity of my stomach but I’m not due my period until around the 31st of October. Could this mean I’m pregnant?

Any help would be much appreciated pretty new to all this and really need to do a bit of research.

Thanks Girls :-)
readyandwaiting

Re: Could it happen that quickly?

Postby RocTheBaby » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:01 pm

It is definitely possible. You can get pregnant even when you are on the pill! The only thing I would say is don't get you're hopes up cuz the minute you start 'trying' you will be amazed at how your mind can create all these symptoms and a lot of the time they can just be period symptoms. Not trying to dampen your spirits but it can get mentally exhausting ttc. But I will say in the two weeks before I realised I was pregnant I had wierd niggly sensations around my lower tummy too. I also couldnt get to sleep at night . So it very well could mean you got lucky on your first try, or it might not. Only way to find out is test when your AF is due. Buy the clear blue digitalis, they're the most reliable IMO . Best of luck x

RocTheBaby

Postby miniak » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:21 pm

Hi readyandwaiting, fingers crossed for you xx

Time will tell for you. I had cramps this week too, like a period pain and then a darting pain on the left of my tummy on Saturday. It may have been ovulation pains.But of course I'm reading waaaaaayyy too much into this and hoping fr a bfp this mth. I'm due my period on the 4th of Nov so a long wait for me to find out. If you scan around on the site you will read about girls who got pregnant within a mth of coming off the pill, so you never know!

Not to dampen your spirits though but like RocTheBaby just to be honest, it is very emotional ttc and trying. I find it very hard to be in limbo having no control over anything, its hard cause i was on the pill for 10/11 years. But girls do get their bfp very quickly too so you never know :), if not just be prepared for an emotional rollercoaster and to imagine and over analyise every symptom!!!
miniak

Postby readyandwaiting » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:49 pm

Thanks a million for the responses.

I’m terrible I am a very impatient person and once I make my mind up that’s it I go for it! But with ttc it’s so hard because it’s out of your control….. I can only imagine how exgausting it gets this is only our first cycle trying and It is all I think about. (even though we said we weren't going to stress out about it and just let it happen.....Im finding that is easier said then done lol )

I’m still getting some symptoms but I’m not sure if it’s because I want to get the symptoms that I’m feeling them……if that makes sense lol… Il just have to be patient and wait until AF is due next week so that I can do a test. Trying not to get my hopes up as we would be really lucky to get a BFP first time around!! :-)

Fingerscrossed for you miniak and i hope all is going well for you Rocthebaby :-) xx
readyandwaiting

Postby miniak » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:58 pm

Thanks. It would be great to get your bfp. October seems to be a great mth for so many.

I'm due AF on the 4th. Have no symptoms but like you I'm almost wishing them on myself. Keep checking my boobs to see if they hurt but they don't. It's early yet, I still have over a week, I'm hoping for agony next week!!

Wishful thinking is driving me mad!!
miniak

Postby theboss » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:42 pm

readyandwaiting i hope its a bfp for you =! Frist responce tests are better than clearblue digital if you are testing before your due date, they can detect up to 6 days before you af is due, so technically you should be able to test this weekend if you wanted to! Clearblue are the best to use after your missed af, best of luck xxx
theboss

Postby theboss » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:42 pm

readyandwaiting i hope its a bfp for you =! Frist responce tests are better than clearblue digital if you are testing before your due date, they can detect up to 6 days before you af is due, so technically you should be able to test this weekend if you wanted to! Clearblue are the best to use after your missed af, best of luck xxx
theboss

Postby FourEyes » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:13 pm

Readyandwaiting I have my fingers crossed for you :goodluck

We're also 1st cycle TTC#1!

I am 4dpo (3dpo according to FF) and I have had a metallic taste in my mouth since yesterday, then this evening I stared getting AF-like pains in my tummy and back...they are pretty hefty cramps so I feel like I can't be imagining them...damn my impatience!! :brickwall
FourEyes

Postby readyandwaiting » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:42 pm

Ok so AF came this week and I can’t believe I was so disappointed :( We only recently decided to start ttc and I knew in my heart and soul that it wasn’t going to happen quickly so don’t know why I was so disappointed. Feeling much better now but can just imagine the rollercoaster the next few months are going to be…….think I need to find myself a little project to focus on and take my mind off ttc.

Thanks foureyes and the boss :babydust for you and hopefully Nov will be my lucky month.....fingerscrossed :-)
readyandwaiting

Postby miniak » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:54 pm

Hi readyandwaiting. It's v tough. I'm due my Af on Sunday. I did a test this am, knowing it Wld be negative but my heart sank. I'm cranky now all day cause cause of it. I'm also ttc # 1 abd heading into my 4th cycle.

I know this sounds mad but gonna see the doc for reassurance. I'm totally stressed by ttc as I think about nothing else. I haven't gotten Af yet but the bfn today has broken my heart.

At least there is safety in numbers here in that ppl are as obsessed, as worried, similiar questions, concerns and expectations as you.
miniak

Postby theboss » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:44 pm

miniak when you go to the doc are you telling her the exact time you are trying? When I went I added 6 mths, to make it 11 mths trying even though at the time it was only 5, it depends on the doc but some are reluctant to intervene before the year mark xxx
theboss

Return to Trying to Conceive (TTC)