New to the game!

Ask questions or share your knowledge of trying for a baby, the emotional rollercoaster, the technicalities.

New to the game!

Postby impatientlywaiting » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:29 pm

Hi ladies. My first post! Brand new to all of this trying to conceive stuff but struggling emotionally so I thought I'd reach out and see if anyone else feels the same. I've been watching the september train, not sure whether to jump on or not but AF has just reared her head to today so I guess that answers that question!

The hubby and I started trying 2 months ago so still very new, but I'm continually shocked at how sad I am each month when I see that negative sign. We both come from very large, fertile families so I guess we just assumed that it would all happen the first go round with no problems. We're both pretty young, (29...approaching 30 quickly!) healthy and eat well, don't smoke, and we don't drink that heavily so should be easy right? Feeling very silly that I'm feeling like such a failure when I know lots of women who it took at least 6 months or even way longer.

Every month it's the same, patiently waiting for AF to stop then DTD every day we can, then the same head wreck of two weeks waiting and over analysing every perceived change in my body. Could have sworn my boobs were sore and tingly this month but alas it was probably in my head. I've only really told one friend at home (i'm from outside ireland) and no one here really knows we're trying so it's been hard not having any other women to talk to about it. Every woman and friend I've asked has gotten pregnant in 1-2 months and my SIL just had a baby which was a total surprise!!! So I haven't had anyone else who seems to be going through this.

Sorry for the long and rambling post, just feeling very deflated at the moment and trying to find the upside to the negative and AF this month. Takeaway and my favourite tv shows this evening as I try to think positive!!
impatientlywaiting

Re: New to the game!

Postby Anne1984 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:48 pm

Hey and welcome. Completely understand the disappointment every month, I also assumed it would happen the first month we tried. I'm currently 27weeks with our first after having tried for 5 cycles, actively tried for 3 ie used opks and temped. What I found worked best for me was relaxing about the whole thing, the month I got my positive test was the month I done loads of mindfulness and exercise and didn't obsess about it. I also just took folic acid and fish oils and ate loads of fruit and veg. Fingers crossed it happens for you soon. All the girls on here are such a great help and support. Xx
Anne1984

Re: New to the game!

Postby Oliviasmum » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:41 pm

Hi the October train has started why don’t you pop on over and join us everyone is so supportive and friendly
Oliviasmum

Return to Trying to Conceive (TTC)