**** November Rodeo ***

Ask questions or share your knowledge of trying for a baby, the emotional rollercoaster, the technicalities.

Re: **** November Rodeo ***

Postby Cherrycola » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:56 pm

It's a bit of a holiday in here to be honest getting three meals a day handed to you with no washing up!

I think in general I'm very run down so it's definitely good to put the feet up for a few hours xx
Cherrycola

Postby Littletoes » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:43 pm

Sending hugs Cherry... Hope u feel better soon xxx
Littletoes

Postby mrsmc2017 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:33 pm

Cherry just hopping on to say I'm sorry you are having such a rotten time of it. Hopefully things will start looking up for you soon x
mrsmc2017

Postby Moll82 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:43 pm

You poor thing Cherry. Relax as much as you can.
Moll82

Postby Cherrycola » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:18 am

Best case scenario they will let me out Saturday.. but will probably be longer ..
hmmm.
.. in the meantime. Lisa did spotting progress to full AF?
Cherrycola

Postby MrsA » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:19 am

Wow they think it would be longer? I hope you're doing ok xx
MrsA

Postby Cherrycola » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:12 am

I am thanks Mrs A. They found bacteria in my blood tests so they are taking it very seriously. Nobody has said anything about sepsis or septicaemia but presumably that's what they are trying to prevent. I'm glad I went in when I got the fever because it turns out, it's kinda a big deal.
Cherrycola

Postby lisa87 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:46 am

Wow cherry , you poor thing, I'm glad you went in when you did hun.. yes spotting progressed into horrendous af, they're getting worse each month. Hoping to get answers from gynae on the 27th. X
lisa87

Postby Cherrycola » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:27 pm

Just a reminder to look after yourself girls especially if you have had a mc, if you get a fever afterwards do not delay getting yourself checked out. xxx
Cherrycola

Postby WereDoingThis » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:39 pm

Hope you're feeling ok Cherry?
WereDoingThis

Postby boymamaX2 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:15 pm

look after yourself cherry :hug
boymamaX2

Postby Sarah1916 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:29 pm

Look after yourself Cherry xx

Trying to get blood results from the doctors is like trying to get blood from a stone.
Bloods were taken 11 days ago and still no results. Rang this morning and they said the nurse didn't start until 11.30 so ring back then. Rang back on my lunch break and they were closed for lunch. Rang back at 2 and I was put on hold for over 10 minutes so had to hang up. Just rang back now and they said the nurse is busy and she will call me back. I really hope she does as for some reason I have now all of a sudden just got worried about the results. Please God they are fine but I would prefer to get the results before the weekend to put my mind at ease or at least to know what is going on so I can do something about it.
Sarah1916

Postby Cherrycola » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:59 pm

I'm good girls, might even be home tomorrow please God! X
Cherrycola

Postby Sarah1916 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:14 pm

The nurse rang back there and said all my day 3 hormones are fine thank God. the doctor will ring me next week to go through in more details. One thing the doctor also tested for was rubella. I had the MMR as a kid but the test said I had low level of immunity to rubella. The nurse was saying she recommends I get another rubella vaccination from my GP and then wait 6 weeks before conceiving. But then the official result she read out said confirmation that I have had the mmr should be ok. But the doctor will give me more advise next week. I don’t know what I should do now! Anyone any experience in this area? Would you recommend getting the additional vaccine or should I be ok?
Sarah1916

Postby impatientlywaiting » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:00 pm

Glad to hear you're ok Cherrycola, hopefully you can head home tomorrow. Sarah1916 I would wait to speak with the doctor about it. I've had top-ups on tetnus a couple of years ago but not sure of the levels of immunity you need against rubella. Your doctor might give you more details to make a decision. I would personally air on the side of caution and get the shot if you're on the low side as rubella during pregnancy can be a risk for stillbirth or other defects (grandfather is a pediatrician in the states and he's told me stories of babies with different preventable defects, has definitely left me more than a little cautious) .

I'm headed into the dreaded two week wait now before I can test. Praying we DTD enough these past few days. Anyone due to test soon?
impatientlywaiting

Postby Oliviasmum » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:04 pm

Glad to hear your ok cherry and please god your out tomorrow lucky you went in when ya did cause most ppl just ignore getting a fever and don’t do anything about it...

I should be due af tomorrow but with what happened last last month with the ruptured cyst and the continuous bleeding not sure if I’m going to get it tomorrow or later on in the month sure only time will tell hoping I get it tomorrow so I know where I’m at in my cycle again plus I got a letter from the rotunda today about my app for the fertility clinic there is a 25 week waiting list really hope I’m not waiting that long

How is everyone else doing wishing everyone all the baby dust possible....
Oliviasmum

Postby minamc2 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:39 pm

Hi ladies I'm not on the November train, I skipped this one as waiting for some blood tests, hopped on December instead. Just wanted to say I'm thinking of you all. Especially you Cherry you poor thing, hoping you are feeling better and got home yesterday, take care of yourself x
minamc2

Postby Cherrycola » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:54 pm

Hi Mina!

Olivia, did AF show or are you still waiting?

I'd agree with being cautious as regards the rubella Sarah. The anti-vax thing has really taken off and you wouldn't forgive yourself in the future if something happened.it might seem like a total pain waiting but you could use the time to work on diet and exercise so you are still working towards your end goal? xx
Cherrycola

Postby Oliviasmum » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:04 pm

No not yet still waiting but have period like cramps and boobs are a bit tender and sore so will wait a few more days and hopefully af rears her ugly head... how u feeling now hope you are on the mend and taking it as easy as possible...
Oliviasmum

Postby impatientlywaiting » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:31 pm

Went to the doctors today to have a pap smear. Ended up not having it as she didn't want to disturb anything just in case. Glad I had her look at my cervix though just to check. It's perfectly in the middle so a straight shot for those little swimmers!! (sorry for the TMI, just happy it all looked good down there) Her expert advice for me on feeling bad about not having conceived after 4 months was to " just relax"....gee thanks I hadn't thought of that...........
impatientlywaiting

PreviousNext

Return to Trying to Conceive (TTC)