***Christmas Express Train***

Ask questions or share your knowledge of trying for a baby, the emotional rollercoaster, the technicalities.

Re: ***Christmas Express Train***

Postby lisa87 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:31 am

Cherry I'm keeping everything crossed for you hun xx
lisa87

Postby Cherrycola » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:20 am

Thanks girls, no bleeding, no back cramps .. so hopefully it's just inconsistent testing xxx
Cherrycola

Postby minamc2 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:42 am

Best of luck Cherry, it is really really good that you have no back cramps or bleeding. I have everything crossed for you xx
minamc2

Postby Cherrycola » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:23 am

Thanks Mina, I hope this month is lucky for you. How did you get on with your blood tests?
I definitely need to get checked out. I think something funny is going on.
I rang the docs and I'm booked in for bloods tomorrow and Thursday. Anyone got an idea of the turnaround with HCG bloodtests? I only spoke to the secretary, she didn't have the info.
Cherrycola

Postby minamc2 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:35 am

Thanks Cherry, didn't get any results yet. I will ring this week if they haven't contacted me. The chromosomal abnormality test for me would have been due back last week and by DH's one is due back this week and the doc wanted to wait until they were all back before taking to us. She had said not to try until tests back but we did this month I was sick of waiting, oops (hopefully if we do get a bfp nothing with come back on the bloods!). I am 5dpo today so fingers crossed!

Not sure about the turn around for hcg bloods from the GP, when I got them done in August in the Maternity Hospital the days they were done in the morning I got the results that evening. But they have the lab in the hospital so it would be quicker I would think than the GP. Hopfully you would have them the next day after the bloods were taken. Ask the GP to put a push on them as you want to know as soon as possible. As it said above it is really good that you have no bleeding xx
minamc2

Postby Oliviasmum » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:37 am

A girl I know was pregnant and her hcg levels were not high enough and they told her she was gonna miscarry can’t remember exactly how far along she was but it was very early and she was getting bloods every few days and for a while they just kept telling her they were not rising and then at one of her appointments they told her they were slowly starting to rise and she now has a healthy 1 year old
Oliviasmum

Postby Oliviasmum » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:41 am

I meant to say aswell when I got bloods done my results were back the next day your gp can ring them and get the results the next day that’s what my gp done as far as I remember especially if it’s for something like that but it is good that you have no cramps or bleeding
Oliviasmum

Postby Cherrycola » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:13 pm

Thanks a mill Olivia, I'll be sure to mention I want the results back ASAP. I'm super bloated, going around the house with my top button popped open! It's my little boys 4th birthday and my due date for my May mc Thursday so not ideal time to be going for repeats but please God if the first test has decent HCG levels I can just ignore those bloody strip tests!
Cherrycola

Postby Oliviasmum » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:38 pm

Sometimes the test strips aren’t all that great especially for tracking progress I wouldn’t worry about it until you visit doc I know easier said then done and with so much going on aswell but just try to relax until you have the results back and hopefully it’s good news
Oliviasmum

Postby lou2018 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:16 pm

Lisa I also gave up testing

Sarah and Cherry congratulations to you both, wishing you both a happy and healthy 9 months

Sarah4321 hope all is ok

Olivia'smum hope you get on ok with your doc appointment
lou2018

Postby MrsA » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:42 pm

Cherry thinking of you and hope everything ok xx

Well AF arrived - not that I ever doubted it. Starting the clearblue monitor this cycle and pregnacare. Gonna give it one last batch and then onto the fertility clinic in January as well be officially at the year mark.
MrsA

Postby Cherrycola » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:25 pm

Thanks ladies. Did my first beta today and the nurse said results should be back by the end of the week. I thought they would be back tomorrow! Holy cow.
Cherrycola

Postby Oliviasmum » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:19 am

Ah cherry that sucks having to wait till then I’ll be thinking of you and hope you get the results you want...

My doc app could of gone better she wouldn’t do the bloods she said she would like to see me without a period for 3 months before doing the blood test so she said if I’ve still no period or pregnant by end of January then she will do the bloods I was fuming when I left
Oliviasmum

Postby Fitmummymoo » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:40 pm

Hi guys,

Well I'm ttc baby no 3. I have a 7 month old and last month I had a miscarriage which was suspected ectopic so went on for a few weeks. This is my first month trying the clearblue advanced digital and on my 4th day of high fertility but cd21.
Anyone any experience of these? I've never had to 'try' to concieve the three previous pregnancies were all first times so all new to me.
Wishing you's all the best of luck x
Fitmummymoo

Postby Cherrycola » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:51 pm

HCG came back as 16 so just going to stay here because I haven't started bleeding and no idea where I am now... probably be on the Jan train xx
Cherrycola

Postby MrsA » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:00 pm

Aww cherry it’s not fair to be in such limbo. Sending you positive vibes xxx

Fitmummymoo I use them regularly. It’s quite normal to get High fertility for a few days.
MrsA

Postby minamc2 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:29 am

Oh Cherry I really feel for you, it is so so awful not knowing! Did they do another blood test yesterday? xx

Hi fitmummy, I used the CB digi opk for a number of cycles and always got 6 or 7 days high before the peak, if not a bit longer. I found that sometimes I had to test twice a day to pick up the peak, an expensive poas habit!! I got internet cheapie opk the last couple of months and they have worked great and are so much cheaper.
Last edited by minamc2 on Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
minamc2

Postby minamc2 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:35 am

I'm not sure whether I believe it or not but I got my bfp this morning, I could vomit with nerves!!! It is faint but very obvious, only 9 dpo according to FF app but I could be 10dpo I think. I am gonna hang out here until I see some progression! Started the cyclogest and aspirin last night as I though there was a super faint line last night, really really hoping for a sticky peanut. xx
minamc2

Postby Fitmummymoo » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:09 am

Thanks guys for the feedback. This is cd22 so feel like it's gona be too late to concieve and have a viable pregnancy. I never had any experience of this and now feel very ignorant as to what women actually go through.

Cherry I had my bloods monitored for two weeks. I'd docs saying I wasn't pregnant but every single test BFP eventually theirs came up positive and bloods confirmed it but the HCG level lingered and eventually dropped. I was bleeding for 17 days in total. I literally had the tiniest bit of hope all the way til the end until an ultrasound confirmed uterus and tubes(ectopic) was empty. I really hope your experience is better.

Hoping for positives x
Fitmummymoo

Postby Cherrycola » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:21 am

Congratulations Mina!!! So well deserved. I'd like to get my hands on progesterone and baby aspirin for next time myself.

Thanks Fitmummy. I knew it in my heart and was surprised yesterday when the doctor was acting like there was still hope. Started bleeding lightly today and feel like the most brutal AF is on her way! Glad this isn't going to drag out though. I might take this month off, not sure yet x
Cherrycola

PreviousNext

Return to Trying to Conceive (TTC)