New year new cycle TTC January 2019

Ask questions or share your knowledge of trying for a baby, the emotional rollercoaster, the technicalities.

Re: New year new cycle TTC January 2019

Postby EmmaC » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:52 pm

Welcome WishfulDee. AFAIK, 42 is fine for luteal phase. It'd be a touch low for 1st tri. But nothing to worry about until a sticky is confirmed. What CD are you now? Are you concerned your 8+dpo and need more progesterone to keep a sticky but too early to get a bfp?

Cherry, any luck with FMU today on something other than a dealz ic? I've been tormented with indentations and shadows on those, though never got an evap on them. They do seem super sensitive though. I've had positives on those that only came positive on frer a day later and in inevitable MCs they've continued to show positive when all others have gone neg.
I've heard evaps are far more common on blue tests and also, if you give a dried out test a bit of a wipe with water, an evap line will disappear but a test line won't. Don't know how accurate that is though. Internet google results from forums much like this one produced that little tid-bit of useless trivia.
Best thing to do is to use a trusted brand in cFMU.

I had lunch today with a couple of old TTC friends from 2016 December train and showed them pics of this mornings POAS. They both have PCOS too and told me about having micro-dose aspirin in very early days to assist implantation and that it would have to be prescribed by doc. Also, progesterone as a prescription if a faint bfp is suspected. They were both a little shocked that I hadn't been to the doc to push for a prescription at this point. I'm waiting to see FMU tomorrow on FRER before doing anything. I've had too much heartache from testing too early that I think I'm sort of guarding myself holding back but at the same time, my inability to not poas isn't helping. Besides, it'd be monday before there'd be a GP appointment so no point worrying about it for the weekend (said she trying not to obsess). Although I have a hcg bloods docket sitting at home waiting for the next time I might want it in a hurry.
EmmaC

Postby Oliviasmum » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:58 am

I’m currently waiting on an app with a fertility clinic they sent me out a letter saying that the waiting list is currently 26 weeks that was about 8 or 9 weeks ago now so hopefully not waiting to much longer I just hate going back to my dr she doesn’t know a whole lot about pcos she has to keep looking it up in a book so I’d rather just stay away from her cause I come out feeling worse then I went in...

Cherry if there is a line there when you retest again I would ring up the hospital and see if they can give you anything surely they would see your files and do something to help you
Oliviasmum

Postby EmmaC » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:47 pm

Would it be quicker to get a referral to an endocrinologist instead. That's who diagnosed and is treating me. Dr. Byrne consultant endocrinologist at the matter. She does the rotunda gdm clinic which is how I came to be her patient. She is an expert in hormonal disorders, not just diabetes, though pcos causes insulin resistance it's part related that way.
EmmaC

Postby Oliviasmum » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:10 pm

The last blood test I had I didn’t have insulin resistance but I’m kinda feeling defeated today I went from a size 8 up to a size 10 which was not to bad and the last couple of weeks I went up to a 12 and now a 12 will nearly go over my hips don’t know if it’s related to the pcos or what but I’m not eating more then I usually would if anything I’m eating less but I’ll look into that come Monday
Oliviasmum

Postby Cherrycola » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:08 pm

After a load of light positives yesterday it's a negative today. I'm so so so fed up!
Cherrycola

Postby Oliviasmum » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:21 pm

Cherry I would say you are fed up it can be so annoying and confusing all at the same time and I’d say somewhat stressful aswell id probably use a frer it might be a bit more accurate then the ones out of dealz and then whatever that says I’d go by that then
Oliviasmum

Postby Cherrycola » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:55 pm

I have a FRER and said I would do it once the line was still there but now it's gone it seems like a waste. I really need to just stop testing because it makes me sad and changes nothing at all.

Could there be anything else causing HCG to register?

The last year..
Pregnant in March.. Tests very slow it turn drk.. Measured behind. Heart stopped around 10 weeks measuring small.

Got heavy period start of November around usual time. So painful I took a test to see and had a faint positive. By day 5 I was really unwell and it admitted for septic miscarriage but did not register as pregnant on their tests. (Still don't really know how it was a septic miscarriage but anyway).
Next cycle got pregnant and again test slow to darken. Took clear blue.. Said 1-2. Got bloods for HCG a few days later . 16, followed by 7.
Following cycle a faint line after leaving test too long.
Next day all very very light lines within a few minutes.
Today it's negative and I'm on CD 30. I usually have a max of a 27 day cycle. Bleeding has not started but I expect it in the next few days as getting pains already.
Just wonder if anything else can cause a rise in HCG?
Cherrycola

Postby Oliviasmum » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:02 am

Cherry that really sucks you have really been through a lot this last while you think they would of giving you something sooner though it really annoys me that they wait so long and especially after all that’s happened aswell hope you are ok and looking after yourself x
Oliviasmum

Postby Oliviasmum » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:46 pm

I’m really really confused right now been doing opk the last week and during the week I got a really strong line it wasn’t fully positive but I’ve been testing with them ever since and I’m still getting lines on them now not as strong as the first one but very very noticeable surely the line should of went by now plus I haven’t had a period since October would pcos cause or the metformin that I’m taking it’s just so confusing
Oliviasmum

Postby Cherrycola » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:45 pm

Oliviasmum how many times a day are you testing? I used to do 2-3 cheapie OPKs around my peak time as I got my positive for such a short time. Afterwards my line would never fully disappear. I always have a line of some description no matter what time of the month.
Cherrycola

Postby Oliviasmum » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:09 pm

I’ve been doing 3 to 4 a day just to check it for nearly a week and it’s always there and it’s pretty darkish not a full positive but like it’s just about there I tried to post a pic but wouldn’t let it surely if I was gonna ovulate it would of happened by now and I would continuously get those lines though sorry just when it comes to things like that I really don’t have a clue.... ha
Oliviasmum

Postby Cherrycola » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:39 am

You have to use an online pic resize site to make the pic smaller / less high quality.

No idea about the OPKs. You poor thing not knowing where you are.

I'm going to hop on TTC#3 cycle ?? BFP Jan 31st

Just going to give it my all the next few months. And failing that if we are lucky I might be ovulating during my husbands holiday in July.

Fingers and toes crossed!
Cherrycola

Postby Oliviasmum » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:43 pm

I skipped my tablets yesterday to see if that would make any difference to the opk and it did there was a line there but not as dark as the other ones I’ve done so I’m thinking it’s just the tabs that are interfering with it so think I might just stop taking them altogether cause realistically what’s the point if they are not doing what they suppose to be anyway....

Good luck to you cherry wishing you all the best you really deserve it after everything and hope your app goes well and they actually do something to help you
Oliviasmum

Postby EmmaC » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:01 pm

Currently CD 33, 13dpo.
After a week of faint is it isn't it nonsense just like so many failed cycles, yesterday I did an LH with a hCG and the LH was surging, a faint line on hCG and neg blood on urinalysis... So I got a little hopeful. Brought dealz strips to work with me, working the night shift, and again, quick and faint positives. But I've been there before only to end in tears.
So, after sleeping off the night-shift a little, I did another set of dealz LH and hCG and the same. So I said feck it and used an FRER on the same sample. BAM.. big strong :positive
I'm sick with worry. I've had 11 MC's at different stages over the years. Most before 8weeks one at 14 and everything in between. November was the last one. I've booked the GP tomorrow for hCG bloods and to chat about weather to try baby-aspirin or progesterone to help things along.

I wish the nausea was a symptom, but It's total nerves. Hoping for a sticky.
EmmaC

Postby leanbh133 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:18 pm

EmmaC that's just brilliant news. A great start to the January train. Congratulations to you, so exciting. I would defo get to the gp and get the progesterone and hopefully it's a sticky bean!

Hopefully there's a few more bfps this month. I'm currently on CD 12 so I won't be testing for a while yet.
leanbh133

Postby Oliviasmum » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:08 pm

Ah Emma great news and hoping it’s a sticky bean for you yea definitely go the doc and hopefully they will give you something surely they will what a great start to the train here’s hoping the rest of you ladies get your bfp before the end of the month....

I’m gonna book an app with the doc tomorrow and hopefully she does something to help me this time it’s been 3 months nearly since I last had a period despite continuing to take my tabs and if she doesn’t do anything I’m gonna look into finding another doc
Oliviasmum

Postby Hopeful2019 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:34 pm

EmmaC: That's brilliant news, congratulations, hope it all goes will for you.

Olivia's mum: That happened me, I didn't get a prriod for 3 months. Went to gynae & she gave me primolut n (progesterone) to bring it on. A few days after I finished the tabs I got a withdrawl bleed and then my period started 2 weeks later. This is my first proper cycle since September. I'm now on oestrogen until cd14, the lower dose oestrogen and progesterone from cd17. Then next cycle I've been prescribed letrozole to help me ovulate but I'm hoping I'll get a bfp before then! Fingers crossed! Definitely ask your doc fos something to bring it on at least you can start a new cycle then.
Hopeful2019

Postby Oliviasmum » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:00 pm

That’s the thing I’m on metformin and I started that in June I’ve always been irregular had a chemical in June and I asked doc to give me something to help with my periods cause I could go months without having one and from June to October I was having periods the first month was a bit out of whack but I had only started taking them and then October I had a really bad period and was sent for an internal scan and was diagnosed with pcos and that the heavy bleeding was a ruptured cyst and since then I’ve had nothing and she doesn’t seem to want to do anything about it just tells me to wait for my app in fertility clinic but that might not be till April as there is a waiting list and really don’t wanna go that long without one I’m already bloated to hell in the space of 2 and a half months went from a size 8 to 14 the weight gain doesn’t bother me but it’s just all on the hips and stomach I actually look pregnant even though I’m not it’s just so frustrating I’m losing the head with my oh over silly little things aswell and that’s not fair on him
Oliviasmum

Postby Hopeful2019 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:19 am

Olivia's mum, would you consider going to a gynae privately? I know it can be expensive but it might be worth it. My gp wasn't really doing anything to help me either, personally I don't think gps have the knowledge on fertility. My gynae did every blood test under the sun, scans etc so hopefully I'm on the right track now. Best of luck.
Hopeful2019

Postby Oliviasmum » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:14 pm

I’m waiting on an app with a gynae aswell my insurance only covers a third of the costs plus I don’t have the money especially after Xmas it ruined me plus once I go private you can’t go back public hopefully you are on the right track and everything gets sorted for you soon
Oliviasmum

PreviousNext

Return to Trying to Conceive (TTC)