New year new cycle TTC January 2019

Ask questions or share your knowledge of trying for a baby, the emotional rollercoaster, the technicalities.

New year new cycle TTC January 2019

Postby EmmaC » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:56 pm

Back on the wagon for 2019!

Not been on here since 2016.

TTC sorta 1year (not trying not to after DS turned 1 if that makes sense)
Seriously tracking 5 cycles now following 6 years (4 yesrs seriously) on DS. So in a way early days.
5dpo on 2nd cycle, 1st trying after incomplete mc.
Hoping for sticky bfp around 8th January.

Any others on a tww or waiting for either bfp or ov?

Hope ye don't mind me putting up this edit? Let me know if I've gotten anything wrong or if you want to be either added or removed :) Sprinkling loads of babydust all over the lovely January Train <3

:babydust :babydust :babydust

EmmaC
TTC # 2
Cycle # 6
:positive January 9th

Hopeful2019
TTC #2
Cycle #12mts+
BFP due January 14th?

Mittens
TTC # 1?
Cycle # 5 on clomid
BFP due January 15th

leanbh133
TTC # 3
Cycle # 2
BFP due January 24th

lou2018 »
TTC #2
Cycle #6+
BFP due January 25/26

Oliviasmum
TTC #2
Cycle # 7
BFP due January ?

Cherrycola
TTC#3
Bfp January 31st

WishfulDee
TTC#1
Cycle#11
Last edited by EmmaC on Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.
EmmaC

Re: New year new cycle TTC January 2019

Postby leanbh133 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:20 pm

I will jump on board with you EmmaC. I'm ttc #3 cycle 2. I have 2 ds aged 4&2. Currently on CD4 and expecting ov mid to late next week, will track with opk and hope for the best. Hoping for a bfp before 24th January when af is due. Good luck to everyone who jumps on the train.
leanbh133

Postby Mittens » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:24 pm

Hi all

Id like to jump on too please!

Been ttc approx 3 years now. Stopped tracking last Jan as I was getting married in October.
5th month on Clomid.

Bfp due approx 15th Jan..

We were doing well BDing but woke up with cystitis today so fingers crossed it's short lived so can get back to it!!

Good luck to everyone
Mittens

Postby EmmaC » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:59 am

Very best of luck mittens and leanbh. Lovely to have the company. :D
EmmaC

Postby Oliviasmum » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:57 pm

I’ll join you ladies if you don’t mind ttc#2 thought I was ovulating last week but done the opks and the we’re negative was getting sharp pains in my side all day yesterday so dtd last night took 2 opks today one was a strong line but not as strong as control and the other was fading so think I ovulated late yesterday haven’t had a period since mid October I have pcos but am on metformin so I’m hoping I’m starting to get back on track now with a bit of luck currently waiting on an app with fertility clinic but was told to keep trying naturally until then sorry for the long post babydust to everyone and I hope 2019 is our year
Oliviasmum

Postby EmmaC » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:05 pm

:shhh Welcome oliviasmum. Best of luck this cycle. Here's hoping you ov'd late.
How long have you been on metformin? I've pcos too. Only diagnosed officially after follow up with Dr. Byrne from the Gdm clinic in rotunda on DS. I'm also on metformin two years next month. I've found it's really making a difference. ov is far more regular, only one of my last 5 cycles didn't show ov on opks and fern though I do seem to have a long follicular phase and ov a little late. Cd20 into cd21 for lh surge this cycle so not 40days anymore also I don't have numerous raising lh levels but neg opks in a cycle anymore. How are you finding it?
Best of luck to you. Lots of January baby dust for you and everyone here :babydust
EmmaC

Postby Oliviasmum » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:59 pm

I’m only on it since June I asked for something to regulate my periods I didnt know I had pcos was tested about 10 years ago but only done an external scan so they said I didn’t have it but in September I was in so much pain and bleeding very heavy for just over 2 weeks so went for an internal scan and that’s when I was diagnosed I was having regular periods up until then with the metformin but after that happened I haven’t had one and I’m still taking the metformin it took 7 years for me to have my lg so don’t have that amount of time to wait as I’m mid 30s now
Oliviasmum

Postby EmmaC » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:44 pm

Oh wow that must have been aweful to go through. Glad you got your diagnosis confirmed though.
I know the feeling of the clock ticking too. Took me almost 6 years to have DS. I've endo as well as pcos and between or because of them have had recurrent mc. Miraculously I got pregnant on him without assistance after spending a fortune at the HARI. I'm 40 next birthday and really feel time is running out for us. I so badly don't want to have a sibling for DS. I've given myself a cut off of before my 41st birthday. I just couldn't do the 6 years again.

Hopefully the metformin works magic for both of us. I have to say just from opks and ferning it definitely seems to be working for me.
:babydust :babydust :babydust

Can't believe how deep in the rabbit hole I am atm. Poas addiction in overdrive. As if 4+ opks a day last week isn't bad enough I poas an ic on fmu this morning. At best I'd only have implantation last night so why I'm reaching for strips is messed up. I've also got urinalysis strips too. I wish I could just layoff.
EmmaC

Postby Oliviasmum » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:29 pm

It is so hard I haven’t been as bad since I haven’t had a period in about 2 and a half months you just keep analyzing every little symptom and then your thinking this is definitely it and you get your hopes up I’m the same plus I feel ya on the cut off point I’d love a sibling for my dd aswell but the way I’m looking at it is I’m blessed to even have her so if she is all I have I’ll live with that but I really do wish for her to have someone to grow up with hers hoping this is out year
Oliviasmum

Postby lou2018 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:29 pm

Can I jump on please
Ttc no 2
I've lost count of cycles at this stage but I've done the last 6 cycles using clomid with no joy, hoping for a bfp 25/26 Jan
lou2018

Postby Hopeful2019 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:43 pm

Hi! Can I join ye? Just turned 40 an ttc no 2 for over a year. My egg reserve is very low so my gynae but me on estrogen patches, progesterone and I will be starting letrozole next month. Currently about 1 or 2 dpo and really hoping for a bfp this month. Anyone have success with letrozole?
Hopeful2019

Postby EmmaC » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:43 am

:welcome lou2018 and Hopeful2019 loads of :babydust to both of you!
EmmaC

Postby Cherrycola » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:41 pm

Just popping on to say Happy New Year. Hope you all got a chance to take your minds off things a bit the last few. Will be joining officially when I get my AF back. Bit longer due to last MC. Booked in for the Coombe private next week to try to get myself progesterone to see if that helps.
Cherrycola

Postby Oliviasmum » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:22 pm

Happy new year cherry hope they give it to you and it helps you sure went through it in 2018 hers hoping 2019 is gonna be the year for us all sorry Emma meant to say I’ve been trying since July but with not having my period since October think I’ll just stop counting now and hope for the best
Oliviasmum

Postby Cherrycola » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:00 am

So we certainly weren't trying this month as the due date would mean I am on my own for the birth...

I looked at this after a few minutes and it was definitely blank, then when I lifted the test up another wave of pink moved across and the test still looked blank. I'm back an hour later.. Is this an evap line?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (29.51 KiB) Viewed 411 times
Cherrycola

Postby EmmaC » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:51 am

Welcome and tentative congratulations cherry!
I get line-eye at times (not saying anything yet about the is it a shadow is it indentation, is it evap on yesterday and today's poas adventures) but yours... that could definitely be a line.
Fingers crossed for a darker line tomorrow.
EmmaC

Postby WishfulDee » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:23 pm

Hi all,
I'd like to join the January Train too. TTC #1 cycle #11. Had MC in July.

Just back from 2nd test for Progesterone levels blood tests. Why are some Doctors so bad at getting veins :-( I feel like a pin cushion.

I had the whole spectrum of blood tests last month, doctor said all was in the normal range. My progesterone was 47nmol/l which dr said is good for ovulation. :D But I read it needs to be over 50 to maintain a pregnancy. :roll: Has anyone else heard this?

I also came across this website that might be useful to people. I know there's been some questions about levels on past trains. ;)

wantbaby.info

wantbaby.info/calculators/progesterone-level-calculator/?mode=cd&dpo=&week=&cd=21&cycle=28&pg=47&unit=nmol

Good luck everyone on the train lets hope we all have good news soon
WishfulDee

Postby Oliviasmum » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:36 pm

Cherry they say anything after the instructed time has not to be taken as a positive I would wait and retest in the morning and if there still a line I would go straight to the doc and get something giving what has happened in the past praying for you it is a true positive and a sticky one aswell wishing you all the best of luck

Welcome wishful as far as all that goes I’m no help I wouldn’t have a clue of anything like that and my doc doesn’t seem to b helpful at the min I was diagnosed with pcos in October went to ask for a blood test just before Xmas to check all that aswell and she wouldn’t do one for me and I haven’t had a period since oct despite being on metformin since June and having regular periods on it up until oct then they stopped after a ruptured cyst
Oliviasmum

Postby Cherrycola » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:47 pm

Thanks Olivia. There is a light line there, very very light. I don't know what docs can prescribe? She said I need a gynae to prescribe progesterone. My appointment is not for 8 days so have to just hope for the best...
Cherrycola

Postby WishfulDee » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:41 pm

Olivia my Dr said I didn't need to get anymore 3 day or 21 day bloods done after the 1st came back in the normal range. But after talking to my friend who did IVF and had a baby she said the 1st thing they did was order those tests over two months. So I thought feck the Dr. I'd rather have them done rather than wait another two months if I do go to fertility clinic where they'd cost twice as much. So I rang my dr clinic and booked the blood tests with the nurse.
If doing the tests ticks off one less thing for you to worry about then do it.
WishfulDee

Next

Return to Trying to Conceive (TTC)