Mad as a March Hare

Ask questions or share your knowledge of trying for a baby, the emotional rollercoaster, the technicalities.

Re: Mad as a March Hare

Postby Cherrycola » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:23 pm

Dying here too Olivia. At least I know mine is AF.
I hope you get some answers soon xx
Cherrycola

Postby Oliviasmum » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:50 pm

It’s horrible was in work Friday in such a good mood for once and then hang out if nowhere just got really light headed and by time I got home was in a cruel state was in bed at half 8 and stayed there for the whole night and most of the morning and just haven’t felt right since I know it’s the flu but never felt like this with the flu before maybe it’s just a more harsher strain going around this year baby has been sick for over a week and seems to b getting worse aswell it’s just all so annoying
Oliviasmum

Postby Cherrycola » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:06 am

Oh Olivia you need looking after!

I’m going to do my absolute best while my husband is gone to be in bed at 9/9:30 and really try to start getting more sleep and look after myself.

I’ll be keeping an eye on you all and I’ll be back on the July train I hope but sure none of you will be here then xxxx
Cherrycola

Postby Oliviasmum » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:25 pm

Cherry I’m the one to look after everyone else in the house even when I’m sick oh can’t handle our little girl on his own she is quite a handful and full of so much energy that he does be sweating up a storm hahaha

Have a docs app for Wednesday I’m so sorry for tmi but found a lump down below I’m hoping it’s either a spot or a cyst but with my luck lately I’m not taking any chances I’m sure it’s fine though so I’m not gonna panick till I see the doc and see what they say and no doubt I’ll still be on the July train anyway

Make sure to keep yourself busy while dh is gone and time will fly by before you know it
Oliviasmum

Postby Sarah4321 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:09 pm

Hey girls! Needing a little help/Experience

My period is 3 weeks late. They are an average of 26 days but I am on day 47 now. Negative pregnancy tests since day of missed period.
This happen to anyone? Going to the Dr tomorrow. Any idea what they will do? I am freaking out a bit. I have never completely missed a period before
Sarah4321

Postby Oliviasmum » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:31 pm

I have but that’s due to pcos but there are a number of factors for missed periods like stress or a hormonal imbalance or anything like that I wouldn’t worry to much at the minute just wait and see what the doc says wishing you the very best of luck
Oliviasmum

Postby Oliviasmum » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:38 pm

Oh forgot to add my gp has said they would prefer to wait for a minimum of 3 months without a period before they would look further into so don’t know if it’s the same with every gp
Oliviasmum

Postby Mummys22 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:39 pm

Cherry sorry to see af arrived and hopefully dh will be home when it’s the right time. How are you feeling about him heading off?
Olivia I hope ye are both feeling a bit better. And definitely for the best to get the lump checked out.
Mummys22

Postby Cherrycola » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:54 pm

Olivia hope all is grand with the lump. I’m the Queen of lumps and bumps, always seem to get weird lumps in places but our bodies do mad things like that. The docs usually have a fair idea from feeling it even though they will probably refer you to be sure.

Sarah I’ve never missed a period, sorry I can’t be of help.

Mummys22 I’m bricking it of course but just want it to start now at this stage. I hate the constant waiting.
Cherrycola

Postby Sarah4321 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:58 pm

Thanks girls :) Hopefully Dr will do a test of my hormone levels to see why I missed it. Could very well be stress!
Sarah4321

Postby leanbh133 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:16 pm

Sarah my af has never been more than 2 or 3 days late so I'm really not sure.

Oliviasmum defo get that lump checked for peace of mind.

Cherrycola when did you first seek advice about your ttc journey? I know realistically no Dr. Will seriously listen to me until I've been ttc for 12months and I already know some of my friends/family would be of the opinion 'sure you have 2, why do you want more? You should be happy with what you have got' I love my kids beyond belief but there's room here for 1 or 2 more.... Definitely could do with some pink around haha.... Its funny though isn't it, how I got 2 bfps straight away but now with #3 I'm on cycle 5 on not even a squinter.
leanbh133

Postby Cherrycola » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:35 pm

Leanbh what age are you?
We conceived DS1 so easily it was a shock when I wasn’t pregnant the first cycle with DS2. By the time I got pregnant on my 8th cycle I had already been to my doctor and asked for help. She was of the opinion that over the age of 30 you should start looking into options after 6 months. Not to say that anything seemed to be wrong (and it wasn’t), it’s just that she knew the public waiting list was about a year and she wanted me on it.

This time around it’s all the miscarriages and chemicals that are confusing me. Once I hit the year mark I booked a private consultation for €200 and he transferred me to public.

I would be talking to your doctor if it’s bothering you and ask for bloods to be done. You can get Day 21 bloods in the hospital to see if you ovulated. You just tell your doctor you want them.

From where I’m standing now 5 cycles still seems early and there is every chance you will get pregnant the next cycle but if you feel more comfortable getting things checked, don’t let your GP put you off xx
Cherrycola

Postby leanbh133 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:00 pm

Thanks Cherrycola, I will be 32 in April. I won't be going to the Dr. yet. I will give it a few more months before I talk to GP.

I hope you get some answers re your chemicals & miscarriages from the consultant
leanbh133

Postby Mammy36 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:09 pm

Hi ladies
My progress is not great either, never got a positive on opk. Day 20 now, they got a bit darker around day 15 but never a positive. My cycle is usually 26/ 27 days. Any advice?
Mammy36

Postby Cherrycola » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:03 pm

You may well have ovulated. I usually get my darkest test in the evening time. Maybe get the Dealz cheapies next month so you can pee on a stick to your hearts content and try to figure out your peak time. Either way I try not to let the OPKs put me off and just BD every few days from about CD10 onwards
Cherrycola

Postby Mammy36 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:13 pm

Thanks cherrycola I’ve stocked up on dealz, fingers crossed. Hope your hubbys trip in July matches up for you. Thanks
Mammy36

Previous

Return to Trying to Conceive (TTC)