TTC after 11 years on pill

Ask questions or share your knowledge of trying for a baby, the emotional rollercoaster, the technicalities.

TTC after 11 years on pill

Postby Cleequinn » Tue May 21, 2019 11:16 am

Hi all, so my partner and I have decided to give it a go but I'm really irregular since stopping the pill. I waited 6 weeks for my first post pill period and now I'm on week 7 waiting for my second. Is this normal? It freaks me out not knowing what's going on in my body. I thought my cycle would get shorter after the first period not longer? Also 3 clear blue tests have shown I am not preggers :( thanks for your wisdom in advance
Cleequinn

Re: TTC after 11 years on pill

Postby Cherrycola » Tue May 21, 2019 9:59 pm

I think it’s normal for the first few months for things to be a bit wonky. So you are about 13 weeks after stopping the pill? Hopefully you will get your period soon and I would expect the next period to be normal
Cherrycola

Postby Cleequinn » Sat May 25, 2019 9:06 pm

Sorry, I'm not great for checking this! Yes 13 weeks with only one period. It's so strange to not know what's happening in my body. I'm wishing very day this period would arrive so I can get cracking for next month lol
Cleequinn

Postby Cherrycola » Sun May 26, 2019 9:02 am

It’s probably fine but you could book in with your GP for peace of mind. They can check your blood pressure and maybe do bloods if you like just to check everything is fine. No harm in general when TTC checking everything is ok.
Cherrycola

Return to Trying to Conceive (TTC)