July TTC Train

Ask questions or share your knowledge of trying for a baby, the emotional rollercoaster, the technicalities.

July TTC Train

Postby impatientlywaiting » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:16 am

Hi ladies. Just reading through the May TTC train and seeing some familiar names. I was on here when were trying to conceive our first and found it such a great way to chat and let off some frustration/ fears/ anxeties etc.

We're just starting to try now for our second. Our little lady just turned a year old. I got my period when she was only 3.5 months even though I was breastfeeding! Very annoying at the time I have to say. I went on the pill then but came off it when she stopped breastfeeding as it made my periods all over the place ( was a different pill than I had before due to the breastfeeding). Went off it in January and period seems to be normal since then so I'm really hoping it's all good to go again.

Bought the ovulation sticks this time as we used them before and got pregnant using them. I'm on CD15 and no smiley face yet. Getting a little frustrated as I thought I would have ovulated by now but going to keep at it. Forgot how much peeing on sticks you do when TTC....... took us about 4 months last time so we were very lucky. Hoping everything goes smoothly again!.

TTC #2
1 month trying
impatientlywaiting

Re: July TTC Train

Postby WereDoingThis » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:16 am

Hi impatientlywaiting, I'll join you! TTC #2, my little guy is 13 months now. Could probably say we've been trying for 3 months, but in all honesty, this is the first month we actually tried properly! I should be ovulating this week, but I haven't any ov tests in to check. Need to order some, my ones from before are out of date
WereDoingThis

Postby Gymbunni » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:57 pm

I will join too. I was back chatting on the long term thread awhile ago but I got locked out and couldn't get back in until today.

Ttc number 2 also. Had assistance from fertility clinic with meds to conceive my little boy. Hoping this time will be easier. Would love to get pregnant myself. Determined not to get stressed about it all this time. Will give it til Nov I think and contact clinic again then if nothing.

Using ov tests myself also. Got these ones on amazon and they have an app that reads the tests for you after. Finding them great. Got 200% peak on them today. Test line so dark. Will DTD tonight. Late in cycle for me but that's my usual. Geared up to ov earlier in cycle but didn't happen. Test wasn't as strong as this one though so hoping.
Gymbunni

Postby BabyBC1 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:19 pm

Hey I'll jump on aswel. Ttc number 2 have a 20 month and started ttc last month. We tried for 8 months last time so I know I could be in for a little wait and that's ok.
Since I had my little girl I get really bad ovulation pains,great sign of ovulating but also so bad on the day that we wouldnt be to dtd. Hopefully I'll be covered either way this month. Good luck ladies xx
BabyBC1

Postby Oliviasmum » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:18 am

Think I’ll jump in with you ladies if that’s ok ttc #2 on and off I actually lost count for how long but thinking I should be getting af soon had some spotting couple days ago and sorry for tmi but a big blob of it then nothing but getting cramps on and off so hopefully it will come soon then can start trying again I don’t get af every month due to pcos so I’m gonna give it till after Xmas and hopefully all this covid business settles down then gonna go down the iui route if nothing happens
Oliviasmum

Postby impatientlywaiting » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:44 pm

So we're all going for #2 !! Hope everyone has lots of luck this time around. Oliviasmum how are you feeling today? I hate the wait for AF when you know it's due to arrive.

Still no smiley face on the ov sticks. Think I may have started the ov sticks a bit late this mom to get a good reading. Was already on day 11 or 12 when we made the decision to really start trying. Just trying to DTD as much as we can. Not the most romantic way of doing things but crossing all fingers and toes.

Now comes the two week wait until I can test... I am soooo not a patient person......
impatientlywaiting

Postby Oliviasmum » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:30 pm

I was suppose to get af on the 31 July but with the pcos it’s very unpredictable I can go up to 6 months without af so I’m not actually worrying about it but I am starting to think now that something is happening and not to sure if it’s af or what as my boobs are majorly tender and swollen at the minute like I can’t even touch them and I’m kinda thinking with that spotting during the week which i never got before I was due af when I was getting them regularly but maybe it’s nothing I’ll give it to the end of the week and see what happens I’ve had so many times when I thought something was happening and it turned out to be nothing so we shall see
Oliviasmum

Postby impatientlywaiting » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:24 am

Good morning ladies, hope you're all well. Today is my first day back in the office for work. Very surreal.

This two week wait is absolutely killing me. I can do an early test on saturday but I'm never convinced those early ones are any good.

Just trying to keep myself distracted and reading some books on TTC. Currently reading it's starts with the Egg. Very good and scientific.
impatientlywaiting

Postby impatientlywaiting » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:44 am

Well that's me out for this month! Got AF 5 days early.... really annoyed. But also explains why I wasn't getting any peaks on the ovulation sticks. Back at it again this month.

Any BFPs this time?????
impatientlywaiting

Postby Oliviasmum » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:09 pm

I’ve been locked out for a bit haven’t been able to log in I thought I was getting af about a week ago just had some bleeding not spotting but not a lot either and then yesterday I thought it was finally coming and I had a bit of bleeding but today (sorry for tmi) there’s nothing on the pad and it’s only when I wipe it not like a normal period and my boobs are huge and swollen and sore just wish it would come already it sucks having pcos you either don’t get them for months or your body just messes with you and teases you
Oliviasmum

Postby WereDoingThis » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:16 pm

Oliviasmum, did you do a pregnancy test, just in case? I'd love it to be good news for you!! Inpatientlywaiting, I'm in a similar boat, af arrived 7 days early (I usually have 5 week cycles). Definitely missed peak, didn't DTD early enough in cycle. Ah well, another month beckons, and a May baby would be lovely
WereDoingThis

Postby Oliviasmum » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:32 pm

Sorry haven’t been on i done one and then got what I thought was a shadow of a line but then what I think is af showed up but its a weird one I’m getting pains in my shoulder and my side and (sorry for tmi) but something passed and I felt an awful pressure I’m bleeding over a week now thought it was gone today but came back with a bang out of nowhere I’ve missed periods for 6 months but this feels different if that makes sense any way I’ll wait and see what happens maybe it’s just a really bad period cause I’m not use to getting one so soon after the last I only skipped 3 weeks between periods so that’s what it could be
Oliviasmum

Return to Trying to Conceive (TTC)