August/ September train

Ask questions or share your knowledge of trying for a baby, the emotional rollercoaster, the technicalities.

August/ September train

Postby impatientlywaiting » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:04 pm

ok so July was a big ole flop for me! So back at it for August. Anyone else with me?

I'm really hoping this month goes better. Going to get the ovulation sticks again and start them on the correct date this time!

TTC #2
2nd month trying
BFP due 8th September
impatientlywaiting

Re: August/ September train

Postby Oliviasmum » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:54 pm

I’ll jump on here with ya currently have af atm although it’s a strange one for me it’s started of really light for 2 days although it’s not that much heavier I’m sore all over especially my arms and my boobs are that sore I can’t even touch them it even hurts them to walk but hopefully it be over soon and not even sure if I’ll ovulate thanks to pcos so I’ll just take it as it comes
Oliviasmum

Postby Gymbunni » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:05 pm

I've long cycles so I'll hop on here anyway. Currently cd40 and 10dpo. Not hopeful though
Gymbunni

Postby WereDoingThis » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:18 pm

I'll join too! TTC #2. CD 7 now
WereDoingThis

Postby impatientlywaiting » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:35 pm

WereDoingThis we must be in sync, I'm on CD 7 as well. Just did my first ov test this morning, hoping to get a peak this time. Pretty sure I started them too late last cycle to get them to work properly.

I'm stuck at home this week as the childminder is on holidays, working with a one year old is really testing my patience!!!! Not really feeling in the mood to DTD either in this humid hot weather. It's so sticky!
impatientlywaiting

Postby impatientlywaiting » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:26 am

So I started the Ov sticks yesterday CD 7 for me, just the empty circle which I expected. But then this morning I did one (again expecting an empty circle or maybe just the regular smiley face, which is what happened when I used them with my first) but lo and behold I got a flashy smiley face. This means I'm probably ovulating on day 8 or 9 which seems really early. Makes sense why I didn't get a surge last cycle as I started the sticks on day 11 or 12.

Just wondering if anyone has any info on ovulating early? I don't think I ovulated this early before my last pregnancy.
impatientlywaiting

Postby Oliviasmum » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:35 pm

I’m no good when it comes to knowing anything about ovulation as I hardly ovulate as it is but I know some people do ovulate early while others ovulate late so I know it’s possible whenever I ovulate it’s very late as I can go months without a period
Oliviasmum

Postby impatientlywaiting » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:51 pm

So it turns out I am an idiot and read the packet wrong. The flashy smiley face is high fertility not peak fertility, so I still haven't ovulated which makes more sense. That's what I get for trying to read the instructions with a one year tugging at me! :lol:
impatientlywaiting

Postby BabyBC1 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:47 pm

Hey ladies
Af was due today didnt have any tests at home this morning but went and bought this evening. I got a faint positive.. Im going to test again in the morning just to be 100%sure. We only started trying 2 months ago but I was very very relaxed about it this time. Have a 20month old and took 8 months when trying the first time. Will update in the morning x
BabyBC1

Postby impatientlywaiting » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:18 am

BabyBC1 that's so exciting!! Let us know how the test this morning went.
impatientlywaiting

Postby Oliviasmum » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:02 pm

Oh how exciting babybc1 please let us know how you get on with it wishing you all the baby dust possible
Oliviasmum

Postby BabyBC1 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:18 am

Hey yes tested yesterday morning and this morning again positive tests so delighted. Off out to get my vitamins this morning. I'm in shock it happened so quick for us this time!! Baby dust to you all I'll be keeping on eye on here xx
BabyBC1

Postby impatientlywaiting » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:38 pm

That is great news BabyBC1!! I hope your good luck rubs off on others!
impatientlywaiting

Postby Oliviasmum » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:12 am

That’s great news babybc1 happy and healthy 9 months to you..

Not so great news here ended up in docs today after that horrendous af I had she done 2 tests on me which came out slightly positive and from what I was describing she sent me to the hospital to get checked cause she was fully convinced I had a miscarriage so hospital done bloods and that and now I have to go back in later in the day to have a scan to make sure there nothing left behind
Oliviasmum

Postby impatientlywaiting » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:20 pm

Oliviasmum I'm so sorry that sounds awful. I hope you are doing ok. Take it easy and give yourself some relaxation time.

I hope everyone is ok after the storm last night. We are doing lots of clean up here in Limerick. still no power at home and our yard is full of GIANT branches. THankfully no trees down in our yard. Took me twice as long to get into the city to work. Trees, powerlines, flooding everywhere.
impatientlywaiting

Postby Oliviasmum » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:07 pm

Omg that sounds horrendous it wasn’t to bad here in Kildare it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would of been...

Had the scan earlier and she reckoned I was about 6 weeks cause I didn’t know I was pregnant but anyhow she reckons my ovaries aren’t as bad as they were made out to be she said she has seen worse but she did say that polycystic ovaries tend to calm down during pregnancy but she said there was still a little bit of blood of left but should be gone by end of week and told me to try again straight away she said normally they say to wait 1 cycle but with me having pcos she said to try straight away
Oliviasmum

Postby LorraineG » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:26 pm

Oliviasmum...just saw your post and couldn't pass without saying how sorry I am. That's just really crappy. I hope you're ok xx
LorraineG

Postby Oliviasmum » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:36 pm

Thanks Lorraine Was gonna write it up on the other thread aswell but didn’t really fancy writing it a second time if that makes sense wouldn’t mind but it’s my little ones birthday today and all so can’t even have a good whinge don’t wanna ruin the day for her cause god love her can’t even have a party for her as we are in lock down here and all my family is in Dublin
Oliviasmum

Postby brownie » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:32 pm

Oliviasmum you poor thing, sorry to hear that, hope you're feeling alright XXX
brownie

Postby MrsA » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:05 am

Hope you’re Doing ok oliviasmum xxx
MrsA

Next

Return to Trying to Conceive (TTC)