Getting things started .....

Ask questions or share your knowledge of trying for a baby, the emotional rollercoaster, the technicalities.

Getting things started .....

Postby miniak » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:05 pm

So in on cd4. I'm always very optimistic at the beginning of a cycle. I'm down when AF arrives but grand after that, always looking forward to dtd to make a baby, I need or at least we need to enjoy ourselves and eachother first, make a baby second. And we had a good chat about that too :)

It's the middle of the month and the tww that kills me. Stressing out whether we have dtd enough or at the right times etc and then I exaggerate symptoms in the hope of a bfp.

Anyway, I went to the doc today to explain how stressed I get and how ttc is very hard on me. Im going back on cd21 for bloods. At least I got the ball rolling and going for that will occupy my mind rather than ttc.

I bought new Vit b complex with magnesium etc to help me relax. I'm going to plan things with friends and the oh and I have a night away next wk for a family occassion so we can look forward to that.

I'm really trying to 'relax' and just not think about things. I dunno how I'll be in the middle of the mth but I'll really try. I did buy a basal thermometer but actually think I'll postpone starting to test til next mth. I might still use the ov tests but that's it. I need to take a step back and breathe and even look forward to my 30th!! Eeeeks!!

Wish me luck xx
miniak

Re: Getting things started .....

Postby CocoChanel » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:42 pm

Best of luck Miniak xx
CocoChanel

Postby miniak » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:44 pm

Thanks coco. You too xx
miniak

Postby MrsEL10 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:01 pm

That is great good luck with the bloods and the whole thing :babydust. I never used a thermometer, it just wouldn't suit me as you are supposed to test at the same time every morning before you get up and you're not supposed to have gotten up for a few hours before I think and I wake up at night to pee (even before I got pregnant!) so just decided not for me. BBT can only confirm ovulation after it happens, it can't tell you that you are about to ov so maybe stick with the ov sticks for now and see how you get on. Maybe try dtd every two days instead of focusing on the middle of the month?
TTC # 1 Dec 10 - Dec 12, currently pregnant on # 2 :)
MrsEL10

Postby therealgaybyrne » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:34 pm

Miniak, really happy the doc was good & listened. Having the bloods done will be half the battle & when you get the results back and alls ok, itll help you relax and its reassuring. Hope this month is stress free. Really keeping my fingers crossed for ya X
therealgaybyrne

Postby mamaw » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:43 pm

delighted miniak. hope all goes well for you xxx

mamaw

Postby miniak » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:48 pm

Thanks girls. I was thinking the sane with bbt. It only confirms it has happened!! Will leave it for another mth, hopefully won't have to start testing bbt at all, but will try not freak out too much this mth and just try go with the flow a bit more. I'll use the ov tests alright I think but like that dtd every second night. We started this am, keys hope we can keep it up..... (excuse the pun!)

Thanks for listening girls, I know I probably wreck yet heads with symptom spotting and exaggerating.
miniak

Postby babypanda » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:54 pm

Best of luck!! :babydust
babypanda

Postby bailey » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:12 pm

thats great miniak. Wishing u all the best and here's to a big full train of BFP for FEB!!!!!
Im going to take it down a notch this month too, just dtd and relax a little bit this month.

:babydust :babydust
bailey

Postby Hailey » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:44 pm

Good luck :babydust
Hailey

Return to Trying to Conceive (TTC)