TTC after coming off the pill??

Ask questions or share your knowledge of trying for a baby, the emotional rollercoaster, the technicalities.

TTC after coming off the pill??

Postby BusyB » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:52 am

Hi all, Im new here so mucho love!
I am coming off my pill next week but not TTC until after a gt my first natural AF. I was on Dianette and heard so many horror stories!! I will only be trying for 3 months due to timing etc so what are the odds?
Anyone conceived quick after the horror pill that is Dianette or any other pill? :helpme
BusyB

Re: TTC after coming off the pill??

Postby justCANTwait » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:26 am

Hi ya and welcome.i too was on dianette for adult acne.came off it feb 2012.we conceived in the may but sadly miscarried.finally got preg in july and now have a gorgeous 8 week old baby boy.it took me 5 wks to get my period wen i first came off it.those stories are exactly as u say, just merely horror stories.everyone is different.good luck on your ttc journey.
justCANTwait

Postby BusyB » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:39 pm

Thanks for the reply :) CONGRATULATIONS on your new baby boy!!
I have only been on Dianette for a year and took a month off this year can not even remember when and at the time I did all the rotten googling and scared myself s**tless! Hoping for it to happen this year but a 3 month window is very little so not keeping my hopes up!
BusyB

Postby omgbfp » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:01 pm

BusyB I came off the pill on 8th October, got my first natural AF on 21st January & was blessed enough to conceive that cycle! So i was just within the 3 months! fingers crossed it will work out for ye, don't put too much pressure on yerselves though, 3 months isn't a very long time, we were shocked it happened so fast!
I'm Almost 25 weeks pregnant now! I was just like u, terrified of the long term effects the pill would have on me. Best of luck!!! Babydust!!!
omgbfp

Postby BusyB » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:06 pm

Oh congratulations :) My partner just lost his job but we had a long chat and decided to go ahead with TTC and hopefully he will find something by September! Its scary thinking of what the pill can do! Last time I came off for a body break I got AF normally after 30ish days so hoping to get lucky! Hows the pregnancy going, only part Im dreading of the whole process! Not going to get stressed due to small timeframe will try again next year if it dosent happen :)
BusyB

Postby lally25 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:36 pm

I was on the pill (few years ago now so can't remember which one exactly) but I got a positive test 6 weeks after coming off it. Good luck xxx
lally25

Postby Zanesmummy » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:38 am

Hey BusyB, I came off the pill in Aug 2011 and got Preg Christmas that year, I never got a period so it was like pot luck, I'm having same issue now took 7 months to get a period this time I'm hoping we conceive pretty soon..!! Hope you have a speedy ovulation Lol
Zanesmummy

Postby BusyB » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:46 pm

Oh well congrats on having baby1 so quick!!! Best of luck this time also :) Pill is a blooming pain alright!!
BusyB

Postby miniak » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:10 pm

I was on Yasmin for about 10-11 years. Came off in July last year. Got my regular period in the break and then my first one after that 35 days later. It was fairly regular after that each mth, between 28-33 dats but it took a while to get the pill out of my system. We got our bfp in February so 7 mths. Not long but if felt like an eternity. I really struggled with the ttc process. I found it very very stressful. I'll know better for baby no 2 all going..... Down the road! Lol
miniak

Postby BusyB » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:51 pm

I can only imagine 7 months feeling like an eternity! It seems to become almost consuming at time, exciting!! But alot of heartbreak. ALSO CONGRATS on the :positive !! Have to retraint myself from trying to ttc already -_- Want to stick to my 3 month window... feck all time not feeling too positive about it but hey heres to :babydust
BusyB

Postby newbee89 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:23 am

I was on Cerazette and have also heard the horror stories. I was on 3 different other pills too, for about 9 years all in all. I came off the pill in May and got a normal AF two weeks later. Have had one each month since then about 33-35 days apart so seems to be back to 'normal' now. Hopefully I am ovulating now too!

x
newbee89

Return to Trying to Conceive (TTC)