TTC and breast feeding

Ask questions or share your knowledge of trying for a baby, the emotional rollercoaster, the technicalities.

TTC and breast feeding

Postby iwishiwas » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:01 am

Hi all, my first born is nearly 7weeks and I want to start to think of TTC no.2
I had my 6week check up a few days ago and told gp that I wanted to ttc ASAP, she advised to wait until 3months post birth to allow for my body to rest and heal, but she also said ttc would be difficult while breastfeeding. I'm just wondering if anyone else is full time bf and ttc or even if I could get an idea of when AF returns for most?

Also I worked with a girl who got pregnant while bf full time when her baby was 6months, she said her baby stopped drinking her milk suddenly and thats when she knew something was up, I would like to bf my LO for as long as possible. My mam said she bf my sister while pregnant on my brother for four months??? Its all very confusing.

The thoughts of TTC no.2 is just as daunting as no.1, its a hard road and it took me a year to get my first bfp so I don't want to wait round too much, I'm 32 and I feel life is flying by too fast for me!

I wish anyone else on this journey all the luck in the world xxx
iwishiwas

Re: TTC and breast feeding

Postby GalwaysGirl » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:46 am

There is a breastfeeding and ttc Ireland group on fb you should join.
It can take a year to come back but some people get it back when the night feeds drop.
I've also read floridix supplement helps it come back also.
Def try the fb page for the best advice!
GalwaysGirl

Postby iwishiwas » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:37 am

Thanks Galwaygirl ill check out facebook so xxx
iwishiwas

Postby MrsMc » Sun May 17, 2015 11:06 pm

Hi girls, I had a look at Dr Google about this and it's all v confusing! Thanks for the tip Galway, I must have a look at that page on fb. Iwish, we may be on another train together at some stage, who knows!
MrsMc

Postby GalwaysGirl » Mon May 18, 2015 3:21 pm

I was only thinking the other day I'll probably end up bf while ttc / pregnant . . . . These boobs will never be back in their bra again!
:)
GalwaysGirl

Postby iwishiwas » Mon May 18, 2015 10:12 pm

Hi ladies, I'm still bf here full time, back in work in two months, so will hopefully pump my day time feeds. Currently trying to sort out some breast issues that have delayed me expressing, expressed one feed yesterday and hoping to build it up to two feeds that will be expressed for 9-5! Or might try substitute 9-5 for formula with intention of ttc and hoping my cycle will return!! LOL I can't decid...would love another baby asap but finding breastfeeding so addictive especially now that LO is aware of where my breasts are and cuddles in and pulls at my top when she's hungry, love night feeds the most as she gently pats my breast until she's full.. well worth the lack of sleep. Would love to be on a train with any of you ladies xxx
iwishiwas

Return to Trying to Conceive (TTC)