Can I still be pregnant?

Ask questions or share your knowledge of trying for a baby, the emotional rollercoaster, the technicalities.

Can I still be pregnant?

Postby kelseyH » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:38 pm

Hello all,
Was ttc with my partner in early August :doingthedeed . I took my birth control patch off on the 8th. We tried all that week from the 10th. I was extremely excited, but I got my period on the 17th. I was extremely upset, so I put my patch back on, because we had tried before to no success. Lately though, I have been ill, my Vagina looks purplish, my boobs are sore and the areolas are darkening.I'm wondering if the patch just gave me a period and if I could still be pregnant. Info would be good.

thank you x
kelseyH

Re: Can I still be pregnant?

Postby Maximama » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:16 pm

I doubt the patch could bring on a period like that.
You could be pregnant even after a period. You should take a test.
Maximama

Postby kelseyH » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:12 pm

Thank you for your reply. I just bought a boots test, which came out negative. I read the reviews, and turns out people have got false negatives alot, so fingers crossed. I took my patch off again on Monday so we could try again, got trickles this morning of blood. Do you know if the patch just gives you a period when you take it off, even if you are pregnant? I'm seriously confused. Thank you in advance.

UPDATE: Just noticed, the blood is very brown with hints of brown discharge.
kelseyH

Postby kelseyH » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:44 pm

Maximama wrote:I doubt the patch could bring on a period like that.
You could be pregnant even after a period. You should take a test.

Thank you for your reply. I just bought a boots test, which came out negative. I read the reviews, and turns out people have got false negatives alot, so fingers crossed. I took my patch off again on Monday so we could try again, got trickles this morning of blood. Do you know if the patch just gives you a period when you take it off, even if you are pregnant? I'm seriously confused. Thank you in advance.

UPDATE: Just noticed, the blood is very brown with hints of brown discharge.
kelseyH

Postby Kerrshay » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:41 pm

I would say even though birth control messes with your hormones that you should still take a PT just to be sure.
Kerrshay

Return to Trying to Conceive (TTC)