Waiting list for private appt at the coombe.

Ask questions or share your knowledge of trying for a baby, the emotional rollercoaster, the technicalities.

Waiting list for private appt at the coombe.

Postby Dotty15 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:29 am

Hi girls,

Just wondering here (instead of obsessing myself) if anyone has experience of how long is the wait for a private referral to the coombe?

My gp didn't ask me about consultants etc so I guess I would get who ever had the smallest waiting list?

Public list Was a year :( I would be certifiable by then!!!

Tia x
Dotty15

Re: Waiting list for private appt at the coombe.

Postby morphett » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:36 pm

If you're going private I don't think there's really any wait time, are you talking about for pregnancy care or for a
Consultation? My sis went under Michael o Connell for a lap and dye and wasn't waiting all that long, maybe 2 weeks for the initial apt and then the lap and dye done mid cycle next time so about 2-3 weeks later. She saw him then when she got her bfp and was under his care in the hospital.. I'd ring around and ask when the earliest any of them could see you.
morphett

Postby Dotty15 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:13 pm

Thanks morphett it's for fertility/gynae.

I'll give them a call and see.

Thanks! !!
Dotty15

Postby Abby » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:16 pm

Hey there shouldn't be much of a wait. You can choose who you want to see yourself as opposed being assigned someone in public system. It will depend on when whoever you pick has an appointment but I would expect it to be a matter of weeks. GL.
Abby

Return to Trying to Conceive (TTC)