Short lutal phase ttc#2/iui

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Short lutal phase ttc#2/iui

Postby MrsCupcake » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:21 pm

Hi guys, some of you may remember me from before. I spent a long time on the trains and on Long Term ttc#1.

Trying for a few months now for baby #2. Our lb is 17 months now conceived through iui.

I'm nursing and my cycles are back to normal since May.

I have the same fertility issues as before. Short lutal phase.
Can a gp prescribe progesterone pesseries to me? We are willing to have iui again if we need it but the stress of months and months of taking mornings off work to have bloods done and exams!

Also if anybody has had or going through iui again to conceive after their first do you need to go through the whole rigmarole of bloods twice a month for 3 cycles, sis, sperms analysis etc.. again?

Thanks for reading and sorry if my post is a bit all over the place :)
MrsCupcake

Re: Short lutal phase ttc#2/iui

Postby MrsCupcake » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:04 pm

Bump ;)
MrsCupcake

Postby Baileybee » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:11 pm

Hi Mrs cupcake, sorry I haven’t much advice but didn’t want to leave your question unanswered. I have had my gp prescribe cyclogest (progesterone pesseries) due to past miscarriages so I wouldn’t say you would have much of a problem if u asked for them.

I have never had iui but I have had one round of ivf and was told that the bloods would need to be repeated before each cycle if they were more than 3 months apart. Hope this helps a little. Good luck on your ttc journey! X
Baileybee

Postby MrsCupcake » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:45 pm

Baileybee thanks a mill for the reply. That's a great help. I used the progesterone after my IUI's and they helped with the pre af spotting and fully believe they helped with implantation by stopping the lining of the womb from shedding away too soon.

I guess having to do the bloods again makes sense especially since it's been a couple of years. It's just so annoying because I have to take off work to get to my gp who only do bloods on a Tuesday and Thursday between 10am and 1pm. The stress of it all doesn't help does it!
Thanks again for your help xx
MrsCupcake

Postby Baileybee » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:47 pm

Yes progesterone is great, it really helped thinken my lining throughout this cycle. It’s really difficult always trying to fit appointments in around work. I think your best bet is just to be honest with your manager if you decide to go ahead with iui. At least they know to expect time off for appointments or maybe can change hours etc. Well the best of luck with your journey and hopefully it doesn’t come to iui... x
Baileybee

Postby Hoping18 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:11 pm

Hi MrsCupcake, I don't think you would have to go through 3 months of bloods. I did iui in April but only had one month of bloods when I met with consultant. I think you both will have to have your eu bloods done again. I'm not sure re sis and sa but hopefully not. Best of luck.
I was with a gp initially at a local fertility clinic in Dublin northside who would prescribe progesterone for you, if you need details, just shout.
Hoping18

Postby MrsCupcake » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:35 am

Thanks a mill Baileybee xx

Hopeful, thanks for your reply. That's good to know you only had to do one month of bloods. That would make it a little bit easier. I'll make an appointment with my gp soon to check if he can prescribe progesterone for me. If not I'll get the name of the fertility clinic you went to.

I'd be afraid the doctor would laugh at me because we've only been properly trying since May but I know I have the same problems as before and I don't want it to go on for a few years like it did when ttc our first x
MrsCupcake

Postby googoogaga » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:39 pm

MrsC how are you getting on?? I don't know if you remember me but I was nearly 3 years on the trains and the Longer term thread! my LO is 18 months now. Just a little younger than yours.
Just saw your post there. Did you have the IUI in the end? How did it go?
I have just been through an awful FET transfer...everything went very smoothly with meds, ovaries etc and literally got the most horrific cramping in the middle of night 2 (2dp 6dt) and puked a little. Then had a fair bit of cramping and yesterday my I started a light flow which has now turned into a heavy period flow with clots and everything.
Am just sooo disappointed. It's over before its really started. :-(
And I know it still might take...just seems impossible with this amount of bleeding.
Anyway, had anyone had a similar experience post FET transfer? I suppose I should just accept its over. And start over. It's almost easier.
Maybe we could start a TTC #2 thread??? The longer term one is still going! I'm so delighted the girls have each other on it.
googoogaga

Postby MrsCupcake » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:21 pm

Hey googoo, of course I remember you you. Sorry I'm only reading your post now. God I'm so sorry to here what your experiencing. That's awful. How are you feeling now? Was it your period?
How is your lb doing? My lb is doing great. He's full of fun and also hard work!
We actually fell pregnant recently. I'm 13 weeks. I couldn't believe it because we had so much trouble conceiving our first. I had actually booked an appointment to see my gp to discuss getting blood work started but I got a bfp a couple of days before
MrsCupcake

Postby googoogaga » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:21 pm

Ah no way!! That's amazing news! Congratulations!!! And 13 weeks already?! That is class. I've heard of a lot of people falling pregnant naturally after IVF. Fc I fall into that lucky bucket.
Period has calmed a lot. And no cramping today. I just went and bought a first response. Not 100% sure why. Just to erase the last 1% of doubt that is it truly is all over.
Going in Monday for the blood test and back to work afterwards and dont want to be upset in work. I think if I get a negative now it won't be as hard on Monday if that makes sense?
googoogaga

Postby Michelle81 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:34 am

Congrats on the bfp mrscipcake! I remember you on the long term ttc thread. It's lovely to hear your success story.
Googoo I thank you all the time for setting up the long term train, I'd be lost without it. I didn't want to pass your post. I had a fresh transfer 2 months ago and had a bleed with cramps and clots - I was only 6dpt and felt totally cheated that I hadn't even made it to test date. Not sure if it's the same with fet - I'm about to do one in a couple of weeks - but hope you will be ok.
Michelle81

Postby googoogaga » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:55 pm

Hey Michelle, the FET cycle is a lot simpler physically and emotionally (no as many obstacles / hurdles etc etc) although I Found it hard to remember to take all the meds. Best of luck with it x
googoogaga

Postby Michelle81 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:44 pm

How are you doing since googoo?
Thanks for the info. I'm on down reg at the mo. Can you tell me when you started taking all the other meds?
Michelle81

Postby MrsCupcake » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:14 am

How are you since your bloods googoo. Did you go into work after? X

Michelle I remember you too. Sorry to hear ivf didn't work two months ago. That mush have been very tough going x

Please god you both fall into the lucky bracket like I did because It can happen. I really taught we where going down the fertility treatment again. Just when I had booked my gp appointment I got the positive hpt. I used to read these stories all the time and never believed it would go this way for me but it did and I'm so grateful x
MrsCupcake

Postby googoogaga » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:44 pm

Yeah went back to work! Bloods negative as expected. Just have no idea why I started bleeding 2 days post transfer.
Michelle with my FET it was similar timing to my fresh cycle. Short protocol. I took fematab 3 times a days from Day 1 of period and then had a scan about day 12. Ovaries all quiet and lining good so I started crinone then for 5 nights before transfer.
No egg retrieval or waiting on embryos to ferilise etc. So much easier although the negative hurt as much as any other time.
God MRSC. Fingers crossed. That would be amazing. Were u tracking ovulation etc?? Boots have a 3 for 2 on ovulation kits so I'm tempted to stock up! Might invest in some nice underwear.too...bring the romance back ;-)
Is anyone TTC #2 at the moment?? Would it be worthwhile setting up a TTC #2 thread??! The first one really took off!!
googoogaga

Postby googoogaga » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:57 pm

Also Michelle, I just read about you feeling negative on the longertermttc...i get those days but you need to try stay positive. For your own piece of mind. And if it helps at all - the success rates are equal / higher in some clinics for a frozen cycle.
I have a good few friends that got pregnant from the frozen cycle rather than the fresh.
If you think about it, your body wont have been through the trauma of egg retrieval and stimming etc. All it needs to focus on is making that perfect environment to grow your little embryo.
Think about all of that as you head into your cycle. I downloaded some positive visualisations from the net and tried to stay as positive as possible the first time round. Didnt really have the time this time round and maybe it did affect the outcome?? Oh I don't know. I'm running through all possible causes for it not working.
Sorry getting side tracked ..the point of this message was to STAY POSITIVE!!!
googoogaga

Postby poppy7 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:42 am

Hi googoogaagaa, just saw your post re setting up a thread for ttc#2 and I’d def be up for that. My lb is almost 2, he took about 2 years to conceive and I had to go on meds, although the cycle I conceived was a cancelled iui. Anyway, I found the longer term thread great last time and haven’t joined any of the “normal” trains this time as feel I don’t fit in there. Ttc#2 about 8 cycles now
poppy7

Postby googoogaga » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:50 am

Cool! I rem you from the longer term thread!! Hope your doing well! TTC again is tough
googoogaga

Postby Michelle81 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:01 am

Sorry googoo only catching up here now. Sorry to hear the blood test was negative, it's still not easy to get that news. Are you booked in for a review to see if you can get some answers?
I'm in for day 14 scan tmrw. I'm on long protocol and have been on the nasal spray to down reg. I'm a bit nervous as I haven't been started on the fematab yet and consultant said I won't be starting progesterone until transfer. I know every clinic is different but surely it would be better to do what you did and take prog for a few days before transfer? I'm finding it hard to stay positive this time! Can I ask what visualisations you downloaded? Anything is worth a try!
Michelle81

Return to TTC with Assistance