Longer Term ttc baby chat

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Re: Longer Term ttc baby chat

Postby LorraineG » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:15 pm

Hey Emilylou good to hear from you! How far along are you now? Hows it all going?
LorraineG

Postby emillylou » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:57 pm

im nearly 25 weeks! all going good just hard at times with a ten month old!
how are you getting on with your little girlie! x
emillylou

Postby Dotty37 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:44 am

25 weeks wow emillylou that's flown- for me :) must be exhausting, freya is into everything, it's amazing how much ground they can cover in such a small time- like when I blink!
Lorraine hows roisin? All the babies are growing so quickly. Weve a 1st birthday here in 3 weeks. How did that happen? Feels like last week she was born.
Dotty37

Postby LorraineG » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:35 am

I can well believe it dotty...I seriously can't believe this little one is 3 months! When I think of how long 3 months was between treatments or even at the start of the pregnancy this has been the speed of light!!
Another covid birthday casualty dotty :( hope ye will be able to have a nice socially distant celebration
Wow Emilylou 25weeks! Well done you doing it with a 10month old!
LorraineG

Postby brownie » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:28 am

Emilylou we're not too far apart! I'm 34 weeks this week so you'll be shortly after me! You must be wrecked, it will be tough but I bet it will be really lovely to have then so close in age, once the initial fog is over lol!

Do you know what you're having?!

Lorraine I know,it really goes too fast, was only looking back at pics of DS from this time last yr and he looks like such a baby compared to now. But I have to say it's great craic when they start with the few words etc, not that he has many but it's still entertainment!!

Dotty good god Freya can't be one already, that's insane!!! Definitely a busy busy time, bit easier here now sometimes as he will amuse himself with tractors etc for a few mins every so often. Even that little break is lovely. But his big obsession is books!!!

Had scan yesterday, all looks good although baby has slowed down a bit growth wise and my blood pressure was strange. The machine wouldn't read it or something I don't know!
So he is going to see me every 10 days or so now to make sure growth doesn't stop like last time towards the end!
He gave me a cert for this week, and will extend it until my official leave starts if I want.
brownie

Postby Dotty37 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:31 am

Brownie that's great you have a cert, would be far to stressful being in a school with all this going on. How have you found the maternity care in covid times? Hopefully not working will help with the growth, my consultant was convinced that was the reason they got me so far. Are you getting uncomfortable now?

Lorraine it's going to be a very small party of 3 at this stage. I think I'll just get a cake and pressies but it's a shame we cant celebrate with our families. She is such a talker I dont get a minute of peace :) she just gets everywhere, you think you have all the dangerous stuff hidden but shes pretty good at finding it!!!
Dotty37

Postby brownie » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:59 pm

I've found the care fine Dotty, no different to last time, although I'm not sure if that's because I'm private??

One thing I've noticed is that there is never anyone in EPU, as I have to walk in there to get to my consultants room. It's usually jammed. Maybe people are just nervous to go in or maybe they are turning everything bar emergency cases away?

Paranoia got the better of me today, I came down with a bit of a dose Monday evening and it's not going away! So rang GP today and within 1 hour I was having covid test! Now I'll be so shocked if I have it but I was teaching only 10 days before so who knows. Anyways it's more for this baba and also DS's childminder I did it. I couldn't send him knowing I wasn't feeling great myself.
Peace of mind hopefully!!
Oh Lorraine I know the feeling, I think all of us are only dying for lockdown to lift early so we have option of Christmas wherever we like. And you will so want Roisins first Christmas to be spent with your family xxxxx
brownie

Postby googoogaga » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:59 am

Hi girls, thought I would pop on to say hi too! Also one of the original long term ttcrs. Actually set up the original page and still surprised everytime I log on to see it's still going.
My LO is 3 and half. Conceived first time round on fresh cycle of iVF with her so we were absolutely blessed.
Then after 18 months of ttc naturally, 2 failed frozen cycles, 1 iui and 1 fresh ivf and 1 cancelled 1 in March we conceived naturally in April!! 31 weeks now and looking forward to next chapter.
Hope you are all keeping well. It's a bit nuts having a baby in the current times but I am just so grateful for everything we have.
Hope you are all well. Emilylou and brownie I think I remember you from the old threads.
Brownie I assume your covid test was negative. Have you had any more scans? How are you doing now?
googoogaga

Postby brownie » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:40 am

Ah hello googoo!! What a brilliant outcome for ye, that was a long haul ye had to go through for this little bundle. 31 weeks! We are very close, I'm 36 weeks today. Is your little one excited about new baby? Mine is oblivious although he does point at my belly and say baby but defo has no clue!
I'm so disorganized, I haven't packed my bag yet, but got my comeuppance yesterday cos I was admitted to maternity last night! Feck! But hoping I'll be let out later. Blood pressure up but nothing in bloods or urine and all good with baby thank God. I just miss my little boy so much it's mad!
Yes my covid test was negative thank god, but I still have a cough...
So are you due end of January?
So nice to hear from you XXX
brownie

Postby LorraineG » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:22 pm

I often wonder how the original crew are getting on so its great to hear googoo! Congratulations!
Brownie hope you're ok and get let back out today. I'd say it will give you a kick start on the oul hospital bag alright!!
Mrsk how are you getting on with Anna? Hope all is going well for you and you're not too exhausted!
All good here...just feel a bit stuck in the cycle of feed, change, nap with very little variation on my day! Part of me is delighted to be home in my bubble all the time but part of me wants to be out and about more too! And she is currently having none of being in the buggy or car seat so it's very stressful trying to go anywhere anyway!
LorraineG

Postby brownie » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:59 pm

Lorraine I was actually thinking the other day how new babies wouldn't be used to carseat at all as we can't go anywhere. And it's a pity you can't be out and joining groups and doing baby meetups, definitely making the days very monotonous. Also you waited long enough for her and now you can't even go show her off!!!

Yep I got out this morning. BP up but everything else fine so consultant put it down to just being wrecked. I literally did not sleep one wink in there so will try rest up so I don't have to repeat it!!!
brownie

Postby googoogaga » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:40 am

Brownie glad all is ok and you are out. Deffo get started on the bag :-) my DH and I met a neighbour who had her son at 30 weeks last year and it frightened the crap out of him!!! Have the house organised now (i had a crazy mix of working at home hating the house and nesting!) So we have spent way more money in lockdown than normal eek. Anyway the house is all done up and ready for this baba.
Lorraine could you try get out for half an hour or so every now and again. We have phoenix park near us so every weekend we go to Farmleigh for coffee/picnic and a walk. There is plenty of parking and social distancing is easy there. Could you do something similar.
Might just be something to do which incorporates buggy and carseat and gets you out for your sanity?!
I was in town for my checkup last week and met a friend who lives near town in merrion square. We sat out on a blanket and had food from the world markets. It was lovely and a little piece of normality.
I'm not going anywhere at the moment and working from home so anything like that is just amazing.
Hope you ladies are having nice Sundays!
googoogaga

Postby googoogaga » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:45 am

P.s. yes this baba is due at end of January brownie and my little one is super excited to be a big sister. She has been very clingy with me and acting quite babyish recently so I just have fingers and toes crossed she will be ok. She deffo realises on a subconscious level her world is about to change and it has changed her a bit.
I'm just hoping my recovery is a bit better than last time.
The delivery / aftermath did not go well and I couldnt think straight. I really want to be mentally better prepared for whatever happens esp so I can be there for my LO.
googoogaga

Postby Dotty37 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:07 pm

Googoo so lovely to hear from you and congratulations on the new bump! Sounds like a real journey to get there, amazing that it happened naturally then. Is it a mixture of knowing what to expect but remembering the difficult times? I suppose when it's the first time its blissful ignorance beforehand, but this time you know exactly what's coming. But hopefully without the worry and anxiety and incredibly steep learning curve of number 1.

Brownie great that was negative, and 36 weeks wow so near! Are you getting fed up?

Lorraine it's hard when they refuse the car seat and buggy, keep persevering tho, I have found the buggy walk such a life saver. Even 10 mins is a great mood improve from the cycle of monotony. I took her in the car when she was due a nap too and it helped with the crying as she would drop off quickly and slowly she started to like it a bit more.

So its freyas birthday today and I cant believe shes one. A very small little party just us! Seems so vivid in my mind going in to have her. And an appt in 3 weeks to start IVF again in the new year. Finally feel ready for it.
Dotty37

Postby LorraineG » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:34 pm

Aww happy birthday Freya!! Countdown will be on for you so dotty...hopefullybtheb3 weeks will fly and you can see where you're going from there!
We have to do the opposite...go out after her nap or the screaming would break your heart! It's so hard to try and time it right so she's not getting stressed out and learns it's ok! Doesn't helpnthat my car battery is dead from lack of use!!
In fairness we have loads of fab places around to go for walks but they are all 20-30 mins drive and fear of the screaming gets the better of me! Shes getting bigger and more distractable every day though so fingers crossed!
LorraineG

Postby googoogaga » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:14 pm

Ah thanks dotty and happy birthday Freya. It's great you are getting started again so soon. The time will fly in.
Lorraine every day will get a bit better. Try to be brave and venture out. It will do your sanity the world of good. Pick the closest walk and just go for it. Maybe on a day your OH can come with which will take the pressure off.
googoogaga

Postby brownie » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:29 pm

Googoo, I'm a little bit the same about this delivery and it's surprising me because had you asked me was it awful I would have said no it was fine, he came out and we were both fine, it was amazing. But now I'm getting the fear about it being another back to back labor and nobody to advocate for you, pain relief etc. I was like a total maniac!! Anyways we will have to get through it one way or another, not that that's very helpful!!
What happened with yours or would you rather not relive it?

My DS was end of January baby too and it's actually lovely time of yr, because you're indoors anyways really with weather and once they getting a bit hardier weather has improved and you can be out and about more!

Lorraine I've had a couple of horrendous car experiences also and both have been on my own. Soooooooooooo stressful omg. Even if you had a niece/nephew or your OH to sit with her in the back and reassure her. Also she will be getting to stage where she might try to bat the toys you can hang off car seat handle, it will definitely get easier I promise. My little fella loves the car now mostly!

Dotty exciting that the have appointment in 3 weeks!! And Happy birthday Freya!!!!!!
Am I fed up? No not really. Bag half packed now just have a few things I need to get and trying to soak up all the cuddles with him before he has to share me!!
brownie

Postby googoogaga » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:45 pm

Ah I had a whole hypnobirthing plan and I loved studying and preparing mentally for it. It was great.
But my waters broke and I was induced on a drip. I stuck to my plan as i didnt know any better.
My room was surrounded in led candles and lavender scents and a 7 hour playlist of my favourite songs with the big lights off.
5 hours on the drip and they said they would check me. By this stage I was vomiting and if I'm honest in agony. And I thought the mw would tell me I was 10cm. I was sure she was ready to come out. I thought I was being torn apart! I was ZERO cms. Not even in labour. Needless to say I demanded the epidural.
The first attempt was blocked and the second worked a treat. Once it kicked in I was fine and lo and behold 10cms!! She still didnt want to come out though. Episiotomy and a little suction and after an hour of pushing she came out.
Afterwards her latch was seemingly perfect but she wasnt putting on weight. And when I was expressing I would get max 20/30 mls afte over an hour even after 3 weeks!
Jaundice, group strep b, incorrectly healed episiotomy which had to be cauterised, horrendous haemorrhoids and then to top it off nipple thrush. That was the worst. Had to stop the BF which I insanely was OBSESSED with and felt like formula was poison.
When I think back to all of this now it was just a VERY unlucky load of things happening all at once.
Then I had a inexperienced PHN who kept telling me to do skin to skin. No joke she must've been on the boob 20 hours of the day.it was insane. And she still wasnt putting on weight. I should've given her the bottle. My milk just didnt come in for weeks...
Anyway I couldnt think straight for at least 6 weeks.
Re this time round if induced on drip OH can come in straight away I think, and OH will be there once you're in labour right?? so if / when u need epidural, he will be there for you.
The way I always thought about the delivery is that it is one day....we have endured much more for much longer. Whatever happens as long as there is a healthy baby at the end of it we will be ok. We can do anything for a day!
Good woman packing the bag brownie!! Deffo needed to be done. Sure you will be full term next week!!
googoogaga

Postby googoogaga » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:48 pm

Sorry that was a big ramble about my delivery and afterwards. I obviously still have PTSD. I hope I havent scared any first time mums. I actually wish I had realised some of the stuff that could happen. Not to scare myself, just to mentally prepare for it.
googoogaga

Postby brownie » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:20 pm

Googoo it's great to get it all out and written down. It certainly wasn't the nice Zen labor you envisaged. I have to admit I had a little giggle to myself when you described the set up with playlist, lights off etc as I had EXACTLY the same. I had done the hypnobirthing too, and actually I intend to do it this week aswell just to refresh the breathing techniques in my head. I had room spray, my own pillow, fairy lights you name it!! But it got me through the first 12 hours definitely and I felt calm and in control which can only be a good thing.

Sounds like breastfeeding was a nightmare for you, you poor thing XXX very very stressful. And of course everyone telling you different things!
I was lucky enough in that at least my milk came in by day 4 I think. I did get a lactation consultant to call to house to help me with latch as it was agony. Worked itself out after that thank God.

I'm not sure what stage partners allowed in in my hospital, I'm nearly afraid to ask!!

BP up again today so I'm starting medication tomorrow for a week to see if it settles!
brownie

PreviousNext

Return to TTC with Assistance