Longer Term ttc baby chat

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Longer Term ttc baby chat

Postby LorraineG » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:31 am

Hi guys...thought I'd try to set up a new thread for the baby chat to move it away from the main ttc thread. I know we'll all still participate but thought it would be more sensitive to move the majority of the baby talk elsewhere. What do ye think?
Also never knew there were so many emojis in the full version!
:babyrolling :familybed1 :D
LorraineG

Re: Longer Term ttc baby chat

Postby Oliviasmum » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:56 am

Such a considerate thought Lorraine that’s very nice how are you getting on with the little one hope all is well
Oliviasmum

Postby LorraineG » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:02 am

Getting on grand in fairness! Some days I think I have it cracked and then she roars the house down all day and night! Having one of those days today and honestly just want to curl up in bed with the covers over my head! Considering a small dose of calpol :D
LorraineG

Postby Oliviasmum » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:09 am

I was like that with my little one thought I was doing great and then the next minute she would cry I’d be like what did I do wrong and she wasn’t really a crier I was living with my mam when I first had her and she was a great help I have to say I prob would of had a nervous breakdown of it wasn’t for her and as they get older it doesn’t get easier hahaha my one is 4 now and an attitude of a 14 year old going round saying for fuck sake which is kinda my fault though in fairness hahaha
Oliviasmum

Postby Sarah83 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:05 pm

Most definitely Lorraine I kinda felt the same but wasnt sure about starting a new thread myself so thanks for doing it hun. Nicer to keep the baby talk over here xx
Sarah83

Postby Dotty37 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:20 am

Good idea Lorraine!!!

Freya is much better now thankfully. Still waiting for the covid results but hopefully hear today.

Oliviasmum sorry i forgot to reply on the other thread to you, god it's such a head wreck, and unfortunately not much you can do except wait a few days. A great place to start is timed cycles or iui
Dotty37

Postby Sarah83 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:03 pm

Dotty I'm glad that Freya is feeling better, such a worry but as you know babies are totally fine with Covid...its just the word Covid has put the fear of god into us!!

Also going back to what u said on the other thread, with the worry of Freya being on the other end with you worrying about her being small, and me worrying about Luke being on the other end of the scale...I think we will definitely always worry no matter what!! I mean I look at him and he is just perfect and totally in proportion...and the health nurse kept reassuring me all was perfect etc etc just ticking boxes or whatever (he was 91st percentile)...I just worked myself up...dh then didn't bat an eye as he took the HN at her word. I wish I was more like that lol! But thankfully both our babas are flying it & we can relax at least about their size/weight!! My daughter was a very big baby (9lbs at 37 wks) and was always very tall aswell, and at 14 she is taller than me and strong & lean & sporty etc so I think it's all genetics. My Dh is 6'1 so Like is just taking after him lol!

So happy for you that Freya has been discharged...my niece was a very small baby and at 12 she is perfectly petite snd as light as a feather and my daughter wishes she was more like that lol...girls are never happy are they!!!
Sarah83

Postby LorraineG » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:21 pm

Just wading in on that...Róisín is on the 5th centile for weight...but thankfully seems to be tracking it perfectly now! She dropped from I think 25th initially when we had all the tongue tie and weight problems and I was constantly worriesd for weeks but now once she stays on track I don't mind! Phn is nearly as mad about her as we are and always on about how perfectly petite she is! She was fantastic for reassuring me when I was wobbling about it all!! Makes such a difference when you have someone who stays calm and reassuring when you're out of your mind worrying!!
And little miss is definitely going to be tall and skinny like her daddy!
LorraineG

Postby Dotty37 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:39 pm

Sarah that's so funny about dhs and their response, mine is the same and he doesnt see why I get so worried. I focus on the one word she say and the tone of it etc. I'm a total over thinker. But your right were programmed now to worry and I feel that's part of the transition to motherhood, understanding that sometimes we just have to wait and see. Girls definitely are never happy we always want what someone else has!
Lorraine it's all about following the curve, and it goes out the window a bit when they are sick or have problems feeding, but you've along way to go and she will catch up. Freya was on .4th centile and 2 weeks ago she was on the 9th. Still teeny but shes catching up! Once she gets into a growth spurt you will notice it then. But similarly freya is on 15th for height so I feel shes going to be taller and slim like her daddy also!
Dotty37

Postby Dotty37 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:40 pm

And yes it's being in proportion that's important.. I always remember my consultant saying that when I was pregnant and we were waiting for the harmony tests.
Dotty37

Postby Oliviasmum » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:02 pm

Hey girls sorry I said I’d post it in here if yas don’t mind I’m none the wiser I swear to god either someone up there is playing a really cruel joke on me (I’m not actually religious btw) or I’m just getting really dark evap lines I honestly don’t know what to think
Attachments
D1495D7F-4D8E-45D0-9E25-269DD242401C.jpeg
D1495D7F-4D8E-45D0-9E25-269DD242401C.jpeg (73.5 KiB) Viewed 425 times
Oliviasmum

Postby Oliviasmum » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:10 pm

Dotty did you get the results back yet of the covid test hopefully it is good news and it’s negative

My little one was at the very bottom she was tiny and very small she actual looked like a reborn doll but I had her last development check there awhile ago and she is actually well aboveboard average now with height and weight and they were actually shocked comparing it to all the last ones she had
Oliviasmum

Postby LorraineG » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:13 am

Oliviasmum I don't know anything about clearblues and evap lines so cant advise at all. All I know is if I saw that on a test in normal circumstances I'd be jumping for joy...
I know I keep harping on about it but I think you should insist on hcg bloods. If theres very faint lines with slow rising hcg it could be an ectopic and youd need to know about that sooner rather than later. I know doctors/hospitals are prob the last thing you want right now but personally I think it would be safer to get it checked out.
Have anybody you ladies used infant gaviscon? We think Róisín has a touch of reflux and phn said to try it...but just wondering if it can be made up in advance? It's too fiddly to be trying to do it with a hungry/ upset baby and tbh I dont think she needs a full dose every time so wondering can I make it up and use it throughout the day?
LorraineG

Postby Sarah83 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:57 am

Dotty I think we should try & take a leaf out of their book!!! Wouldn't life be so much easier lol! X

Oliviasmum...I second what Lorraine says, I would now be insisting on hcg bloods. You couldn't possibly be getting evaps on this many tests. It would seem you definitely have some hcg in your system but you would expect the tests to be quite a bit darker at this point, you have been getting faint lines for several days now. Obviously there is always hope for a good outcome and you just have slower rising hcg, but after suffering an ectopic myself I would definitely advise on the bloods. I hope I dont sound harsh hun but I really think you should x

Lorraine I'm sorry I have no experience with that..I hope Roisin isnt too upset poor thing. Also glad little miss is picking up with her weight too xx
Sarah83

Postby Dotty37 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:49 pm

Oliviasmum I agree with the others you definitely should be getting bloods at this stage, theres no way theres that many faulty tests or evap lines. And it's so important to rule out ectopic. Bloods are the only way to get an idea what's happening. Your poor head must be wrecked with it.
Lorraine afraid I've no advice on gaviscon but would infacol be the same thing? I used it ince or twice for freya and you just drop it in the milk so it was easy. Reflux sounds awful for them.

Covid test was negative and came back late last night thankfully!
Dotty37

Postby Oliviasmum » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:59 pm

Dotty that’s great news that test came back negative I say you are so relieved

Lorraine I have no idea about baby gaviscon

I rang doc this morning still waiting on a phone call back that’s what I was thinking there is no way can I get that many false positives and evap lines and if I do get this blood test and it comes back negative I will surely be sending an email with all the pictures and everything to them cause if they are all faulty they need to do something about them giving women false hope surely I can’t be that unlucky thought but then again it is me hahaha if it wasn’t for bad luck I’d have none at all
Oliviasmum

Postby Dotty37 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:02 pm

If the doc doesnt do anything id be going up to the maternity hospital oliviasmum
Dotty37

Postby Oliviasmum » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:34 am

As of now the doc never rang me back so I just rang them and receptionist said the one that was in yesterday never wrote anything down so she is gonna talk to the doc now and see what is going on and ring me back
Oliviasmum

Postby LorraineG » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:34 pm

Happy Halloween to all the new mammies! Did ye have fun dressing the babbies up?? We tried for a pumpkin here but she wasn't overly impressed! Much preferred the Halloween themed dress instead!
LorraineG

Postby emillylou » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:57 pm

Hi girls
i hope you dont mind me joining in every now and then! i was one of the original longer ttc from back in 2016 i think! we had our little boy in dec after 3 full iuis, 1 cancelled, 1mmc, 2 full ivfs and 1 cancelled so a long journey!im now pregnant on number 2!a lovely surprise baby conceived naturally after all we went through for number one!
Lorraine we went for a pumpkin aswell and he wasnt keen at all! x
emillylou

Next

Return to TTC with Assistance