Longer term ttc #1

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Re: Longer term ttc #1

Postby LorraineG » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:54 am

Hoping good luck with scan...sorry I've lost track of who's at what stage the last couple of weeks!
Friday will fly in dotty! Michelle I hope af gets here soon...I'd be driven demented waiting!
LorraineG

Postby Hoping18 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:08 am

Ah Michelle, that's just typical, hopefully they hurry up.

Thanks girls, just en route now x
Hoping18

Postby Hoping18 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:19 pm

Well all good and transfer booked for next Weds 12th. Lining looking good at 9 mm. Hopefully transfer will be smooth x
Hoping18

Postby LorraineG » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:52 pm

Oh that's great hoping! Fingers crossed it's plain sailing for you! X
LorraineG

Postby Dotty37 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:48 pm

Let it all out hoping! Far vetter than keeping it in. Glad transfer date is set. It's exciting and you deserve it to go well. Keep thinking that!
Ah Michelle that's so frustrating. Would anything like acupuncture help? Sometimes just the worry of where is it is enough to put it off. As hard as it is try to forget it and hopefully it will show up- how easy is it for me to say that?!
Dotty37

Postby MrsA » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:45 pm

Hi ladies hope you're all well. Qq - tmi I'm sorry but anyone ever have any dark dark almost black blood on first day of period? Is that normal?

I'm other news I've contacted repromed to book In with them in January. Been at this a year now so time to get the ball rolling on getting help.
MrsA

Postby Michelle81 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:14 am

MrsA I'm not sure what that is. How is it today? Well done for taking the first step to getting help. Stay positive until then.
Dotty I've been going to acupuncture. My acupuncturist did something to bring af on, that was a week ago and still nothing. I haven't been stressing about it but I'm getting very frustrated now! I think my body is telling me I'm not ready to move on yet
Michelle81

Postby MrsA » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:49 am

It’s just a normal period now. Hmm I know it’s probably just old blood but thought it might be a sign of something else. Anything for answers I guess.

How many cd has it been since your last period Michelle? Hope you’re ok xx
MrsA

Postby Dreambaby » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:51 pm

Hi Girls, thought I would just update you on my rogue injection cycle. Got af early so wasn’t successful. Had review meeting and they want me to try donor eggs as they think it’s an egg quality issue. I have asked my sister if she would do it if necessary. She said she would. I would like to try with lowered med dosage and 3day transfer. Consultant said it’s only a 5% chance. Hard to know if I should just save my money and go donor egg. At least if it’s my sister, I would still be a blood relative. Such a hard decision though. I’m only 35!
Dreambaby

Postby Sarah83 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:01 pm

So sorry to hear it didnt work for you Dream. Its so hard. Have you ever looked into the likes of Serum in Greece or anywhere abroad with your own eggs?

Donor eggs is certainly a huge decision but it amazing your sister would be your donor. Somebody close to me went with donor egg after 2 failed own egg cycles. She went abroad and it was an anonymous donor. Although she does feel she should maybe have tried once more with her own eggs, she is over the moon with her little baba and is so so in love that the fact she was from a donor egg seems so irrelevant as she cant imagine feeling any different if baba was from her own eggs. Its such an amazing thing to be able to do now.

Its a lot to think about and a huge decision and so much pressure financially aswell. What does your oh think?

Afm, im happy to say its not an ectopic pregnancy for me...the relief! After spotting at 9dpo which was super early for me, i went into a full bleed at 11dpo. Its been the most horrendously heavy clotty period ever i got quite a fright! The nurse said it waa because of a thick lining from all the stims. Started back on the pill and will get my schedule for next cycle tomorrow!
Sarah83

Postby LorraineG » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:10 am

Dream I'm sorry they hadn't got more positive news for you in your review. After my first round failed due to egg quality they mentioned donor eggs and it was a massive shock! I'm 34 so was completely out of the blue for me! Coq10 made a massive difference for quality of our 2nd round. It's great that you've broached the idea with your sister but def take plenty of time with your decision. Hope you're doing OK x
Sarah that's great there was no ectopic but sorry to see it didn't work for you. Good luck with getting your plan today!
Afm I handed in my notice in work the other day!! Just haven't been able to focus on me and what I need for doing this cycle and I decided it was time to put me first. I've been so exhausted at the end of every day that there is no way my body would be in the right place for transfer so I bit the bullet and did it! I know it sounds impulsive but I've actually been over and back thinking about leaving for about 2 years now so it's been well thought out! Finishing up about a week before my transfer so it's working out well time wise!
LorraineG

Postby Michelle81 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:34 pm

Dreambaby sorry to hear the news wasn't better. My friend has just been told the same thing and she got a bit of a fright. It is wonderful that your sister might be able to help you out though. I agree with the girls, take your time and think it through.
Sarah sorry to hear it didn't work out. I had the very same as you and it freaked me out a bit too. Great to hear you're positive about getting going again.
Lorraine fair play to you! That's a brave decision to make but you're right to put yourself first and you can give all your focus to this now.
Cd41 for me and still no af. Rang the clinic and they said if there is no sign of it next week they will bring me in for a scan.
Michelle81

Postby emillylou » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:51 pm

hi girls long time no chat..again!i hope everyone is doing ok.
michelle its so frustrating waiting for af.fingers crosswd its here soon but at least they will scan you next week.
go you lorraine!!!you work in jewellary dont you?so do i!i wonder if we're the same company!
sarah its great that it wasnt an eptopic but sorry it didnt work out.did you get your schedule today!
dream im thinking if we do another ivf cycle it will be a donor egg.iv just turned 30 and iv a normal amh.we are in the clinic on wednesday to discuss our transfer and i suppose the cycle but if things dont work out with our frozen embryo i dont think i could put are money into another cycle with my eggs.now i wont be rushing into it but its a big hope for me.i would be happier to go with an anonymous donor.i think you have to do counselling before going ahead and id need to be sure my oh couldnt run off with any potential baby but it is an option that does fill me with hope.
how is everyone else doing?is everyone set for xmas?x
emillylou

Postby LorraineG » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:46 pm

Our shop is mostly giftware emilylou but some jewellery also. Manic this time of year either way I'd say!! I'm fairly much set...just a few small things to get and must put up a real tree next weekend but have all my main decs done since end of Nov. I like getting into the spirit early!!
LorraineG

Postby Dreambaby » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:04 pm

Thanks girls. I have attempted 4 cycles, 1 cancelled due to too low dosage, one 3day transfer and two that were left to go to blast but didn’t make it so no transfer. Although one embryo did go to preblastocyst. So I have only had one transfer in total. I guess I feel I want to try one more 3day transfer before I can say I’m done with own eggs. Consultant said I can put in as many as we want on day 3 as he believes low chance of working. I have appointment on Wednesday and going to decide what to do then. So hard to know. My friend just had a blastocyst transferred last month and that didn’t work so I feel it’s unfair to just write my eggs off because they haven’t made it to blastocyst. It’s no guarantee either. I think I’ll go ahead with one last cycle and transfer whatever I have and hope for the best. I will be mentally preparing myself for donor egg cycle also. Best of luck Sarah with new cycle, hope this is it for you. Emilylou, when is transfer to take place? I think the birth mother is considered the mother regardless of donor egg. Why would you go anonymous, I thought having a known one would be easier but it’s something to think about. Lorraine, well done you for handing in your notice, this process is so difficult mentally that you need to be happy in other areas of your life. Otherwise it can be overwhelming. I handed in my notice to my old job a year ago and I’m much happier having done so.
Dreambaby

Postby Dotty37 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:07 pm

Dream sorry it didn't work out for u. It's a lot to think about but lovely your sister wants to help. Take some time to get your head around it all.
Sarah sorry but great it was nothing sinister like another ectopic.
Michelle you must be driven demented, can the clinic give u something to bring on a bleed? At least a scan would show whats going on. Is it possible you just missed ovulation and kinda skipped a month?
Emily is it the new year you want to do a transfer or leave it a bit longer?
Lorraine fair play to you for putting yourself first, you will be able to rest properly around the transfer and be stress free!
Started the nasal spray yesterday, been ok so far. Sniffing like mad when I do so it will get right to work! Scan in 2 weeks to see how its all going
Dotty37

Postby LorraineG » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:22 pm

That'd great you've started dotty! Exciting!! Michelle I can't imagine how frustrating that must be hopefully a scan will shed some light on it. I feel great having made the decision and actually following through...starting to feel more like myself than I have in ages and actually feeling cautiously optimistic about our transfer in Jan!
LorraineG

Postby Baileybee » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:03 am

Hi girls, sorry I haven’t been on in so long, just trying to keep my mind straight at the moment. I have caught up with al your posts.

Dream so sorry it didn’t work for you. It sounds like u definitely have a lot to think about. Donor eggs sounds scary and it’s something that’s been mentioned to me before. I honestly think however we get there, once we do we won’t look back and have any regrets over how it happened.

Sarah sorry your cycle was cancelled but the first one really is a learning curve. They literally have no idea how your body is going to respond. A change in meds can make a huge difference!

Emily it’s so disappointing when you have brilliant numbers to start with and it drops off but it’s a good process of elimination to find the best one!

Hope everyone else is doing well! I’m enjoying my time away from anything fertility related and looking forward to Christmas...
Baileybee

Postby emillylou » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:40 am

good to hear from you bailey!its nice to just have a little break every now and again.
lorraine im delighted for you..i would love to leave work!when do you start meds for transfer?
dotty we are going to do transfer in febuary(hopefully)we have a few days away in january!that spray made me crazy this time around..i have no idea why because i used it before!hopefully you'll be fine!
dream i feel not knowing would be easier for me.its such a personal desicion and you have to do whats right for you!theres no right or wrong!we have an appointment in our clinic on wednesday too!
emillylou

Postby Michelle81 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:56 pm

Af finally arrived ladies which is a relief. Just when I had made the call to the clinic along she comes! Not sure what happened, I was beginning to think like that dotty that I had just kind of skipped a cycle. But anyway 42 days and she's here so will buzz the clinic on Monday. Not sure where we are going yet as still haven't managed to get some counselling in.
Bailey it's lovely to hear from you. Hope Christmas is keeping you distracted and you can enjoy it.
Lorraine you sound in a much better place so here's hoping it all stands to you for this cycle! You're doing what's right for you anyway.
Emily and dream hope the appointments go well on Wednesday and ye get a better idea of where yere at.
Dotty I had no hassle with the spray, except a runny nose for a while so hopefully you'll be the same.
Michelle81

PreviousNext

Return to TTC with Assistance