Longer term ttc #1

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Re: Longer term ttc #1

Postby Dotty37 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:05 pm

Mrsbb a few more weeks won't make any difference and it's far more important to be ready and in a good mind space.
Michelle I've been a psycho and done tests today when I promised I wouldn't. Frer today is marginally darker but not much so. So now I'm freaking out. And no more tests. :( annoyed with myself for not being able to enjoy it more.
Dotty37

Postby Baileybee » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:09 pm

It’s so hard not to dotty but it does take at least 48 hours to see any difference. I can’t talk though, I’m your position I’d need to remortgage the house from all the tests I’d be buying. When are you supposed to officially test?
Baileybee

Postby Dotty37 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:16 pm

The beta at the clinic is the 21st and they said i could do a home test on the 20th. Zero chance of me waiting for that! I just thought that was a long time away considering it was a 6day blast. But it shows exaxtly what your saying Bailey hcg didn't change much in 24 hours. Actually it as under 24 hrs. Sometimes just writing it down makes you feel less mental. Dh thinks I'm crazy
Dotty37

Postby Baileybee » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:20 pm

it’s crazy how long they expect u to wait. I bet nobody has ever managed to wait to the time they’ve given. I think you need to keep testing to stay in control. I don’t think the ohs will ever understand how much the crazy can take over for us. See if u can even wait a couple of days from now so you’ll see a good difference and it’ll give u some reassurance.
Baileybee

Postby Dotty37 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:27 pm

I'm definitely going to leave it till tomorrow night. Possibly even tues morning if I have the willpower. Thanks Bailey for talking me off the cliff. I'm incredibly lucky to have 2 lines I don't want to seem ungrateful for that.
Dotty37

Postby Baileybee » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:32 pm

You don’t seem ungrateful whatsoever you’re just worried and rightly so but don’t let this time pass by just worrying, try to enjoy this moment... x
Baileybee

Postby Dotty37 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:03 pm

Thanks Bailey x
Dotty37

Postby Michelle81 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:08 am

Not at all ungrateful dotty and we would all be the same. Just keep reminding yourself that you have your 2nd line and try to hold off for a couple of days so you're not worrying yourself unnecessarily x
Michelle81

Postby LorraineG » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:54 am

Dotty you don't sound ungrateful at all...and we're all the same looking for the reassurance and then overanalysing every line and twinge. We spend so long facing the reality of negative tests that we literally can't believe when that second line is there.
Last time I tested at least every second day, and the odd in between day too just to make sure it was still real! For me it was less stressful to just do the tests and try to remember that a line is a line and it's strength, thickness, length and however else it looks different can't really be compared coz each test and each pee sample is going to be slightly different anyway. Do what's least stressful for you.
Afm...I'm feeling a bit out of sorts the last week. Don't feel stressed but taking the head off dh for no reason. Not feeling negative about the transfer but can't find my positive either. It's tomorrow and it just doesn't feel real! Just kinda coasting along towards it without doing anything...and feeling like I'm forgetting to do something if that makes sense?!
LorraineG

Postby MrsA » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:04 am

Lorraine you’re probably just a bit anxious now that it’s so close. It’s only natural. Just try chill out today x
MrsA

Postby LorraineG » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:11 am

Thanks Mrsa gonna try a chill out afternoon alright. Have a meeting with social welfare (which doesn't help the anxiety!) and acupuncture (which hopefully will!) this morning so hopefully an afternoon movie or something will relax me a bit!
LorraineG

Postby LorraineG » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:11 am

How are you feeling today? X
LorraineG

Postby emillylou » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:32 am

dotty we would all feel the exact same!its only natural after everything we have been through x
Lorraine best of luck today!how are you feeling now?im not transfering for a weeks yet but i have to say im feeling the exact same..not negitive but not positive either..i feel like im in limbo x
emillylou

Postby LorraineG » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:37 am

Limbo's a good word for it emilylou. Just feel a bit blah about the whole thing. The fear is starting to creep in too. And I'm already thinking about what if's...I really am my own worst enemy! How's your cycle going? Where are you at?
LorraineG

Postby MrsA » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:42 am

LorraineG wrote:How are you feeling today? X

I’m good. Everyday a bit better. Just a bit unsure of whether or not to go IUI v IVF. I had such a strong gut feeling to so IUI but then keep doubting my gut feeling because the statistics are lower etc.
MrsA

Postby Baileybee » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:25 am

Lorraine and Emily I feel exactly the same, in limbo too just staggering through it all like a dream with that constant niggling feeling that I’ve forgotten to do something.

Go with your gut MrsAm, there’s no right or wrong answer and maybe it would be a good starting point for you, who knows it may do the trick!!
Baileybee

Postby Dotty37 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:27 am

Lorraine it's a tough wait alright, not wanted to get to excited is completely normal, it's that defense mechanism again. Tell yourself it's all going to be fine- cos it will be. You only have to hold your nerve for the next few hours. Enjoy the acupuncture listen to some meditation or mindfulness. Keep yourself busy. Good luck with the social welfare! Hope they are giving u money!
Mrsa you have to choose whats right for u at the end of the day, if you will only feel ready for ivf when you have tried everything u could then go for one iui. It's an individual journey and no right or wrong answer for anyone. Take a bit more time and don't put pressure on urself to make a decision. I find then it's easier to figure out your gut instinct.
Dotty37

Postby emillylou » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:34 am

mrsa would you think about maybe doing a timed cycle?you'd do the meds and scans but then have timed intercourse rather than being inseminated?!in my clinic its half the price.has your oh done his sa?iv done 3 full iuis and a cancelled one.
emillylou

Postby MrsA » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:11 pm

Thanks girls.

Emily - I had thought about that and if he’d suggested it I might have considered it but I feel like I’m past trying it the natural way as I think if it was going to happen that way it would have by now so I don’t feel I want to spend anymore time on it if that makes sense? For some reason I feel like the IUI might give us the headstart we need in conception. And at least if that doesn’t work I’ll know IVF is the right step.

Also the clinic insist in a SIS scan to check tubes etc before proceeding with IUI and I wanted to get that done anyway so think that’s just my reasoning. I can’t see myself doing 3 IUIs though - one probably and maybe a second one depending on doctor advice..

Hope that makes sense.
MrsA

Postby LorraineG » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:50 pm

Mrsa there's no right or wrong path so choose whichever you feel is going to work best for you. Either way it's a step closer!
LorraineG

PreviousNext

Return to TTC with Assistance