Longer term ttc #1

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Re: Longer term ttc #1

Postby MrsA » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:07 am

Ttc I’ll be going ahead with IUI next month and have decided to do it a max of 3 times only before moving onto IVF if it doesn’t work. Discuss it with your doctor and see if he thinks it’d be worth your while moving onto another treatment or staying on the IUI path.

Bailey so normal to feel how you do after everything. Keep busy and hopefully next few weeks will fly.

Dotty doing it before ovulation is the best time to do it so you’re covered there. I felt the same last week after SIS and barely got it in there.

Feeling a bit down today. Was on a high last week after scan but came down with a bang yesterday. Just feels like yay no issue with me anatomically so what’s going on then. Nothing wrong with dh either. I know it’s good and of course I’m grateful nothing seems directly wrong but it’s just frustrating to not know why it’s not happening.
MrsA

Postby LorraineG » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:46 am

Hoping...very best of luck for today. Of course it's nervewracking but everyone here us rooting for you!
Ttc I'm so so sorry...it's do hard when something doesn't work. Like Bailey I've no idea about oui but my one piece of advice is do what feels right. Talk to your dh and your doc and see what they think and then for down and see how you feel about the options.
Mrsa we've all been there sweetie...high one minute then low the next...add hormones in and it's like the rollercoaster from hell! The worst feeling is the loss of control and not knowing what to do now. Try to stay positive. Go for a nice walk if you can or listen to some upbeat happy music and know that your taking a step in the right direction and that it will be here really soon! Have you a date for the iui yet? Sorry I really don't know anything about it...what's the process/protocol?
Bailey and Sarah how you girls holding up? Have ye got scan dates yet?
Michelle how are you surviving the poas urge?
Sorry for the long post was away for weekend myself so had to catch up!
LorraineG

Postby Hoping18 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:57 am

Thanks so much ladies, just en route now x
Hoping18

Postby Sarah83 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:41 am

Im not too sure how I am tbh!! I took a frer 11dp5dt and i had a decent line. Took another on my official test day 13dp5dt and it was definitely a bit lighter. Rang my clinic abd told them test was positive but i wasn't very happy with the progress etc. So i am booked in for an early scan on thur at 5+3 due to my history of ectopic. I have been too afraid to test since!! No major cramping or bleeding or anything but considering im on the progesterone im not sure if i would. Iv no real symptoms to reassure me. Sore boobs and the odd cramps is about it but thats likely from the progesterone anyway.
Sarah83

Postby LorraineG » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:56 am

Sarah that's great that they listened to you and are giving you a very early scan. I know you won't be able to see much but to even rule out ectopic will be a huge weight off your mind. I know we look for every little symptom and sign but not feeling much is normal and a good sign. (Someone copy this for me in a few weeks please!!)
You're right to avoid testing again and try and keep yourself busy until Thursday x
LorraineG

Postby Sarah83 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:20 am

Thanks Lorraine im glad they booked me in early ill be honest! However i will test again before then. I just wanted to give it s few days as i wanted a more definitive test result. If its negative then ill cancel scan and stop meds. If its still giving me positive but light then that will be cause for concern and ill go for the scan. Its never easy is it!! X
Sarah83

Postby Dotty37 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:38 am

Sarah I'm glad you are getting an early scan, at least to put your mind at rest about the ectopic. It's so hard the first few weeks, keep being strong and positive!!!
Mrsa it's totally natural to have these highs and lows don't beat yourself up. At the end of the day all of this is a bit of luck too.
Ttc1 sorry it's a bfn I don't know much about iuis unfortunately but maybe speak to your clinic and see what they suggest?
Hope you had a nice weekend Lorraine!
Dotty37

Postby Hoping18 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:57 pm

Sorry It's a quick message but girls, I can't believe it, all went really well. Thank you for all your support.

The only thing that would make me feel better is if you guys were joining me and I hope that will be the case very soon x
Hoping18

Postby Dotty37 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:05 pm

Hoping I've had everything crossed for you thanks for letting us know. I'm so delighted for you, and selfishly for myself as it's so nice to know it can all work out ok. Think we all need to know that sometimes. Hope you can try and enjoy it a bit now. Really so happy for u xx
Dotty37

Postby emillylou » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:19 pm

aw hoping thats amazing!im delighted for you!hope everyone else is well x
emillylou

Postby Baileybee » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:21 pm

Sarah I’m really hoping and praying for u that everything is ok, at least u don’t have to wait too long for that scan and hopefully it gives you some reassurance.

Lorraine my scan is on exactly 6 weeks, that’s Wednesday week, even talking or thinking about it makes me physically sick.

Hoping that’s amazing news I’m beyond delighted for you, hope you’re relaxing now and starting to enjoy it.
Baileybee

Postby LorraineG » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:05 pm

Hoping that's amazing news! Thanks for letting us know!
LorraineG

Postby Dotty37 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:25 pm

Bailey I really feel for you, it's just 9 days to go, your doing so well and hoping's story should give us all hope. Keep as busy as you can and vent here for a distraction to the whole thing.

Weird question- it's just a thing I have in my head at the moment- it's ok to get highlights during pregnancy isn't it?
Dotty37

Postby LorraineG » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:46 pm

Oh Bailey it's so fecking hard isn't it? Every little step is such a huge hurdle. Like dotty said you're doing great! X
LorraineG

Postby Sarah83 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:06 pm

Hoping thats just amazing news so fo happy for you & ill echo what Dotty said, it brings us all hope that it can happen! Was this a fet when you had a failed fresh from the same batch?

Thanks for the support ladies but i fear its all over for me. Decided to test as i assumed after not testing since Friday it would either be positive or negative. Well it was almost negative. A squinter really. Just waiting on the nurse at my clinic to call me back with advice what to do, stop meds etc. So so so gutted....
Sarah83

Postby Baileybee » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:21 pm

I’m so sorry Sarah it’s honestly heartbreaking, thinking of you and u know where we are if u need anything. I know there’s nothing anyone can say to make things better xxx

Thanks for the support as always ladies, this thread keeps me sane... dotty I was just wondering exactly the same as my roots are starting to show and I usually get blonde highlights. I’m sure it’s fine, ive seen plenty pregnant hairdressers dealing with dye all day long...
Baileybee

Postby Dotty37 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:45 pm

Oh Sarah my heart goes out to you, will the clinic do a beta for u now? Just so you know either way? It's so sad and unfair I'm so sorry pet. Xx
Bailey I think highlights are fine it's the full bleach on the scalp that you might want to avoid- or so Google tells me! Hairdressers seems to have babies no problem as you say!
Dotty37

Postby LorraineG » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:53 pm

Oh Sarah I'm so so sorry...thinking of you. X
LorraineG

Postby Sarah83 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:05 pm

Thanks ladies. It really is the worst feeling. Can you tell me how soon you can do an fet? I know ill have to discuss with the clinic but i would like an idea. After my next period?
Sarah83

Postby Sarah83 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:11 pm

No Dotty no beta. The clinic actually dont do them. If they need you yo do bloods you need to go to the other side of the city to the bons hospital where you have to pay. Ridiculous really.
Sarah83

PreviousNext

Return to TTC with Assistance