Longer term ttc #1

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Re: Longer term ttc #1

Postby Michelle81 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:48 am

MrsA I'm so sorry to hear that it's a bfn, so cruel after yesterday too. You are reacting like all of us after a failed cycle - wanting to know the problem. It may just be that the IUI didn't work for ye but the IVF could work on the first go. They will work out a new plan for ye.
Sarah good luck today!
Lorraine thinking of you also today. Keep us updated.
Bailey please do stick around. We are so excited to hear about your new journey. We are all looking at different means to the same end.
Hoping thanks for checking in. Can't believe you're at that stage already. Hope the next scan will help you to begin enjoying the experience more.
Since the tests have come back clear for us, we have decided to go again. Because of where I am in my cycle, I will be starting the nasal spray tmrw so it's all quite quick really. I'm going to have the scratch done also. Any advice on that from anyone?
Dotty how's the nausea? You must be counting the days until the scan.
Michelle81

Postby Dotty37 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:12 pm

Sarah good luck today, I'm sure your stomach is in knots but it will all be ok.
Mrsa I'm so sorry...Michelle is right that in the aftermath we try to find a reason or a why, and sometimes there isn't one. It doesn't mean you have a problem or an issue...It a a good idea to speak to the clinic but reserve any decisions for a day or 2 until you can think straight. I'm so sorry.
Michelle wow that's great you can start so quickly! No idea about the scratch sorry but I think it seems like a great idea, I did a lot of research into serum in Greece and they are great advocates of it, and they have great success rates.
Dream how are you? When is the scan?
I had a great day yesterday felt pretty good, and today not so good. Getting a bit nervous about the scan tbh and second guessing every symptom etc. It's such a head wreck.
Dotty37

Postby Dreambaby » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:24 pm

Scan is tomorrow morning and I’m fairly nervous. Getting headaches the last few days which is reassuring but god I hope there is something actually there tomorrow at the scan. Will not get any sleep tonight..
Dreambaby

Postby MrsA » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:39 pm

Dotty when is scan? Of course you’ll be nervous it’s such a head melt. Try not to get too in your own head if you know what I mean.

Dream good luck tomo x
MrsA

Postby Dotty37 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:42 pm

Is a week tomorrow..I'll try not to think about it for a bit yet.

Lorraine sorry I forgot to say good luck for today. X
Dotty37

Postby Sarah83 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:02 pm

Thanks girls transfer went smoothly. Thawed well and started to re-expand which is what its meant to do i think! I had the acu before & after. Home now to relax & booked tomorrow off aswell.

The acupuncturist is quite strange, i was with her for a couple of sessions last yr aswell and stopped going as she kept throwing appointments and herbs at me! I felt very pressured. Again today she said she was booking me in for tomorrow and a couple more sessions after that. She never adks if i actually want to. She looked at me like i had 10 heads when i said id ring her later if i wanted to book another! Shes chinese and english mot her first language so maybe a cultural thing but it makes me very uncomfortable. Dont think i will book again as i honestly dont really enjoy it but glad i done the sessions today.

Dream I can only imagine the nerves hun. Cant wait to hear how it goes as im sure all will be ok x

Lorraine, hope things went ok today? X
Sarah83

Postby MrsA » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:04 pm

Sarah I never really liked acupuncture and it was for reasons like you just said. I always felt under pressure to rebook and wasn’t sure I fully liked the guy doing no it. Looking back I did it for six months and my cycle was all over the place with it. Some people swear by I though so it’s probably about finding someone you’re comfortable with.
MrsA

Postby MrsA » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:05 pm

Sorry Lorraine I hope you’re ok today x
MrsA

Postby Dotty37 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:29 pm

Congrats Sarah! Great you have tomorrow off too you can completely rest for 24 hrs. I know what you mean with the acupuncturists. I've seen a few and some of them can be quite pushy. Your dead right to do what feels right for you. I always think they are a business at the end of the day so more likely to push their stuff. I found a lovely girl for the last 2 cycle and she didn't put a single bit of pressure won me and I was far more relaxed
Dotty37

Postby MrsA » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:32 pm

Doctor ringing me tomorrow at 2. Either going to work from home again or try book a meeting room in an office so I can talk to him properly. Hopefully once I’ve a plan in place I’ll start to feel excited again.. if that’s he right word..
MrsA

Postby Sarah83 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:35 pm

Thats it MrsA. I dont think i benefit as i dont really relax. And its so expensive and the pressure to rebook is very offputting. I was literally being told im coming back at 24 hrs after transfer, 48hrs & 72 hrs. Surely you would just advise but ultimately leave it up to the client to book?!! But i am glad i got the 2 sessions in today!

I meant to say im really sorry that this morning was a bfn. Im gutted for you. After 2 iui now I would push to move forward with ivf. You get more answers as they can see whats happening with egg & sperm and its success rates are better. Im really sorry and hope your holding up ok x

Thanks so much Dotty! Im so relieved it all went ok! Re the acu, i did try get in with someone else but he was booked out, i had totally left it to the last minute so its my own fault! Great that you found someone that works for you though, its not nice feeling pressure from them, they should know it puts people off which in effect is bad for business! I probably woukd have went for 1 more session tomorrow if she had left it up to me, but i just dont want to go back to her now!
Sarah83

Postby MrsA » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:38 pm

Yes we’ll be going ahead with IVF now. We only ever planned to do two IUI so quite happy to move onto next stage now. We’ll see what he says tomorrow anyway x
MrsA

Postby Michelle81 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:29 pm

It's good that you'll be able to talk to them tmrw MrsA and you don't have to wait too long. It might help to talk it out and decide on the next step.
Sarah congrats on the successful transfer. Rest up and enjoy the time off. I hear ye 're acupuncture. I did it for months before I got pregnant last time but used to dread it. I found a new lady this time who is much nicer and not pushy. She told me last week nor to make another app with her until I'm heading for transfer, unless I'm feeling stressed out. So it can depend on the person for sure
Michelle81

Postby Dreambaby » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:47 pm

Sarah, you must be delighted transfer went well. I think we went to same acupuncturist. Was she in Wilton? Me and DH went to her last year and I found her very pushy. I will go as far as saying I think she takes advantage of people. We spent like 600 in two months between herbs and acupuncture. No way we needed all that. When I tried to just let DH do acu and herbs and me just herbs to cut costs, she made me feel very guilty and I almost broke down there. She said if we gave it at least 4 months, wouldn’t we only be down 2.5k, isn’t ivf 5/6k? Acu was 70 a session. I think that is too expensive for what it is
Dreambaby

Postby Sarah83 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:17 pm

Meant to say Michelle its great your getting started again and so soon! Very exciting for ye. Great you found someone to do the acu that is a good fit for you. If i do decide to take it up again ill definitely be 'shopping around'!

Dream...thats the one! And thats outrageous what she said to you! She was actually recommended to me which surprises me. How anyone can afford to go to her is beyond me as she would have you in several times a week taking all the herbs and does not want to take no for an answer! So so strange how pushy she is. Its not even pushy, it's full on telling you that your booking in, theres no actually asking if it suits you!
Sarah83

Postby LorraineG » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:09 pm

Well so much for getting a definitive answer! Hcg is still rising slowly. Up from 570 to 740 in 4 days. Hospital want more bloods wed and another scan Friday to see what's happening. Decided I'm going to continue oestrogen and progesterone but I'm stopping the clexane injection as I'd rather not torture myself any more than necessary right now!
Sarah delighted transfer went well for you...Hope you're enjoying a bit of a relax. Stay as positive as you can for as long as you can and hopefully the tww won't feel too torturous!
Dream can't wait to hear how you get on with scan. I know it's absolutely petrifying waiting and wondering but you're nearly there x
Can't believe it about that acu...what a bitch! Glad you got to go Sarah but I'd def say shop around if you're planning any more sessions!
Michelle that's amazing your starting so quickly after making your decision. It takes a huge part of the anxiety out of it and hopefully you can feel excited about getting back in the drivers seat. I know it's hard after everything but remember this is a new cycle and a fresh chance for things to work out x
Dotty are you feeling any better after your day? I'd say the wait is killing you. If I could fast forward this next week for both of us I would!
LorraineG

Postby Baileybee » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:03 pm

Sarah delighted the transfer went well, I have everything crossed for you...

Lorraine that is such a head wreck, I think you’re right about the crinone I think it just delays things further. It’s so frustrating when u know it’s over but your body isn’t ready to let go. I really hope it sorts itself soon, I know how much torture this can be.

Dream good luck with the scan tomorrow, can’t wait to hear your good news.

Michelle, wow that happened so suddenly, it’s great you’re getting started again. Best of luck with it all.

Dotty you’re better not thinking about it too much you’ll drive yourself crazy, hopefully once u get good news at the scan it will help u to relax for a while.

MrsA we always try to look for a reason when things don’t work but often there just isn’t one, we only have a small chance of getting pregnant each cycle, I know it’s annoying. Will u go straight to ivf now?
Baileybee

Postby MrsA » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:10 pm

Aw Lorraine I can’t believe that - such a head melt. When do u go back next?

Yes bailey will go onto IVF straight away now once consultant lets me - I’m not sure if they prefer you to take a break after two medicated cycles? Starting to feel excited. New adventure I guess.
MrsA

Postby LorraineG » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:36 pm

Mrsa I'm so sorry...I saw your post earlier but my head was up my arse and I forgot you on my post. I hope you're doing ok...I honestly thought you were on to something yesterday. It will be good to talk to your doctor and see what he says. As far as I know you shouldn't need to wait as such. Maybe until your next af but a lot depends on what protocol they put you on etc. When I started they wanted me on the pill for a min 3 weeks (starting 1st day of af) and then started stims when following af started. It might take some time to get sorted with protocol and prescriptions etc so you may miss starting with this af even if they were happy for you to go straight into it. Don't want to dim your excitement but just there might be a small wait while the logistics are sorted out. If there is try to use it to enjoy some med free time with your dh...the hormones will drive you both insane once you start! Hope youre doing ok x
LorraineG

Postby Baileybee » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:45 pm

MrsA they will learn so much through ivf about how your body works... there may be some delays like Lorraine said but try not to stress it’s better to have everything right and have to wait a little bit
Baileybee

PreviousNext

Return to TTC with Assistance