Longer term ttc #1

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Re: Longer term ttc #1

Postby MrsAM » Wed May 15, 2019 2:41 pm

I don't know if its any help mrsbb but I'm in Mullingar and a friend of mine does reflexology. From memory it's 6 of one, half a dozen of another going from Donegal to dublin if going through mullingar rather than cavan. We did it in March and I think it was about 10 mins more to go through Mullingar. I'm sure Grainne would do it for you no problem. :-)
MrsAM

Postby mrsbb » Wed May 15, 2019 7:56 pm

Thanks lots girls - my Donegal reflexologist managed to get me an appointment with a woman in Talbot St. Hopefully I'll be nice and relaxed now for transfer.

Question for anyone who has had a FET - I've been advised by the nurse to start Progesterone (crinone vaginal gel) tomorrow morning. I'm on two doses daily. Transfer is on Monday afternoon. That means I'll have 4 days + Monday morning dose by time of transfer. My embryo is a day 5 blastocyst so shouldn't I be on progesterone for 5 full days?? Should I ignore the nurse and start tonight?? Would that be super bold??
mrsbb

Postby Sarah83 » Wed May 15, 2019 8:06 pm

Not sure mrsbb but i was on the pio shots for 5 days before my fet. As far as i knew transfer should be on the 6th day...can you ring the nurse to query it?
Sarah83

Postby LorraineG » Thu May 16, 2019 9:54 am

Mrsa how are you doing today?
Mrsbb did you get sorted with your crinone? I think mine was 5 days for fet. Did you check with the nurse?
Mrsam did they give you any idea of how long you'll be waiting for appt? Hopefully you'll get sorted soon.
Dotty how are you doing? Are you nervous for your scan next week?
Hoping good to hear from you...how are you getting on?
LorraineG

Postby Dotty37 » Thu May 16, 2019 10:04 am

Mrsbb don't panic too much about the crinone, an extra dose isn't going to matter at all. I actually forgot to take mine the first night after collection and was in a total panic the next morning. Nurses told me it wasn't a problem at all. So 5 or 6 days won't matter. I'm due to finish mine in 3 days and I can't wait. It's worth it tho and it does a great job!
Dotty37

Postby MrsA » Thu May 16, 2019 11:03 am

I’m ok thanks Lorraine - not crying as much as I had been but kind of just moody and still feeling hopeless. I think I’ll probably Just be like this for another while. I’m enroute to see counselor and then we’re off away for a few days to forget about it all.
MrsA

Postby LorraineG » Thu May 16, 2019 11:14 am

Aw that's great Mrsa...exactly what you need. Enjoy your few days and try to forget it all for a bit!
Dotty that's unreal you're finishing with it...I'd say it's driven you demented having to do it all this time! Def worth it though!!
LorraineG

Postby mrsbb » Thu May 16, 2019 11:18 am

I was bold and just started last night - only amounts to one extra dose so hopefully it will be grand. Means I'll have 10 doses before transfer as opposed to 9. No biggie surely but it makes me feel a wee bit better.

MrsA - enjoy your few days away, well deserved.

Michelle - good luck with your scan today!!
mrsbb

Postby LorraineG » Thu May 16, 2019 11:22 am

Good luck Michelle! I knew I was missing something this morning sorry!
Mrsbb...whatever makes you feel better about it. 1 or 2 doses either way won't make too much difference. Are you excited for Monday?
LorraineG

Postby Dotty37 » Thu May 16, 2019 12:20 pm

Good luck Michelle!
Great your sorted mrsbb, no harm in a bit extra!
Mrsa enjoy your few days away. A huge amount of healing can be done in a week or a few days. Have a deal with dh that u don't talk about ivf or ttc. And just laugh and get drunk together x
Lorraine how are you?
Dream have u a date for 12 week scan?
Dotty37

Postby MrsA » Thu May 16, 2019 12:44 pm

Dotty delighted ur coming to the end of the crinone.

Thanks girls counselling session was just what I needed. Got a lot off my chest including a fear I’ve had about my sister getting pregnant. Also that I’ll go back to the consultant and he’ll reject us saying to go for donor eggs. She also helped me understand the egg process and that by upping the meds they were trying to give me every opportunity with the egg numbers - the physiological state of the eggs couldn’t be helped at that stage yet we could again in a month and could get a better outcome. I’m still not ok and won’t be for a while but I think I’ve been running away from this for s long time - I jumped into everything because I didn’t want to deal with the feelings I’d have if we stopped trying and now here we are and it’s time to just face up to it.

I sound like a gobshite but I always come out very metaphorical after these sessions.
MrsA

Postby LorraineG » Thu May 16, 2019 1:36 pm

You don't sound like a gobshite at all Mrsa! Everything we do on this journey is some way related to a fear...fear of stopping, fear of going again, fear of it not working, fear of it working and ending in another miscarriage, fear of time passing us by. It's totally normal and ok.
Now go away and forget about it all for a few days! Mind yourself xx
LorraineG

Postby Sarah83 » Thu May 16, 2019 4:00 pm

MrsA im glad you found the session helpful. And please know we all have felt the same and its 100% understandable. This journey is not for the faint hearted! Try to enjoy the break and clear your head as hopefully you'll be feeling a bit better xx
Sarah83

Postby LorraineG » Fri May 17, 2019 7:52 am

Ffs...a casual how are ya, I'm pregnant comment on my fecking birthday feed on Facebook...can't cope with this today :(
LorraineG

Postby Michelle81 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:11 am

Feck sake Lorraine what is wrong with people? Totally unnecessary and rely not needed by you right now. Oh and happy birthday x
MrsA I'm glad to hear the session went well. Like Lorraine said there is a lot of fear in this journey and the way you are feeling is totally understandable. Hope you enjoy your few days away and that it helps.
Good to hear from you hoping. How are you doing?
Dotty how are you feeling? Brilliant to be finishing the crinone! I'm sure you're eager to get to next week.
Mrsbb you're nearly there! Def no harm in taking the extra crinone I'd say, just an extra day of unpleasantness!
Clinic said missing a dose prob wouldn't affect cycle but scan showed that I didn't have a lot of follicles and sizes not great. I know it's quality over quantity but it's just not looking great at this stage. They're scanning me again tmrw so I'll see what they say then.
Michelle81

Postby LorraineG » Fri May 17, 2019 9:19 am

Ah crap Michelle! Hopefully they will look better tomorrow. How many days have you been stimming? It's definitely quality over quantity so hopefully that's what's happening x
LorraineG

Postby Sarah83 » Fri May 17, 2019 9:48 am

Happy Birthday Lorraine! And sorry you had to see that post today of all days...so glad i deleted my fb account yrs ago as i dont think i could handle all of that now! Set up a new acc just for the serum page tho!

Michelle sorry it wasnt looking better but they could really catch up yet. Will they increase your stims? Or are you already on a high dose?
Sarah83

Postby Michelle81 » Sat May 18, 2019 3:09 pm

Scan showed a bit of progress today but still not quite there. 8 follicles on the right but only 2 measuring at 14 and left ovary not doing good at all - only 3 small follicles there. I'm on 300iu Menapur and 2 sprays of syneral daily and they're not changing tgat. Bloods show that hormones are over 1000, day 10 of stims. Back again for a scan on Tuesday. What do ye think?
Michelle81

Postby Dotty37 » Sat May 18, 2019 4:15 pm

Is that the same dosage you were on before Michelle? If I remember correctly I only had a few above 14 st the same stage. Lots of smaller ones but then I got 13 collected. If the bloods are over 1000 they might not want to increase it, they would probably just keep you going for a day or 2 longer. When is the next scan?
Dotty37

Postby Michelle81 » Sat May 18, 2019 4:50 pm

No dotty I was on 250 gonal f before. It's hard not to compare cycles but I was thinking that maybe these meds aren't working as well. Afraid it will be a disastrous cycle. They're scanning me again on Tuesday.
Michelle81

PreviousNext

Return to TTC with Assistance