Longer term ttc #1

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Re: Longer term ttc #1

Postby Babydreams87 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:08 pm

Michelle Sarah dotty Lorraine thanks for the advice. I got on to my GP and he recommended getting the MMR and waiting 3 months before trying again.
I called into pick up my folic acid (pregnacare) and the Phamacist mentioned you get stretch mark cream free with purchase. I kind of alluded that I don’t think I will be needing this for a while but she just said oh sure you can give it to someone. Now I have 2 tubes of stretch mark cream in my house arghhh!

The real reason I actually popped on here was to tell you Michelle I am thinking of you. I hope you are minding yourself xxx
Babydreams87

Postby MrsA » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:15 pm

I think I finally copped why my period is late - the bloody maca I’ve been taking has pushed it out it’s like the angus castus drama all over again only at least I know what it is.
MrsA

Postby LorraineG » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:54 am

Oh no Mrsa! At least you know the answer. How are you doing?
Sarah are you in greece this weekend? Best of luck...can't wait to find out how you get on!
How's everyone else doing?
LorraineG

Postby Dotty37 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:12 am

Just wanted to pop on and give some good reports about healthcare in greece for those considering going. I had a uti while on holidays- ended up first in the public system which was horrific and then went to a private facility. It's world class here. Years ahead of what we have in Ireland. All English speakers and the treatment is quick and efficient. Sarah and Lorraine hope this helps a bit with serum, I would be delighted to cycle out here with them.
Michelle have been thinking of you xx
Dotty37

Postby LorraineG » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:50 am

Oh no dotty...hope you're feeling better! Good to know on the healthcare system though! Thanks! How are you doing?
LorraineG

Postby Dotty37 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:26 am

Much better thanks Lorraine. Such a simple thing but couldn't get antibiotics from a gp or a local hospital. They refused to give them to me but kept me in fkr.the night. Thankfully vhi recommended a private hospital and got sorted within the hour. Even dh was saying imagine how brilliant the ivf clinic's are here. Actually the hospital we were at had an ivf clinic, they seem to be all over. It's really excellent here. Hope your doing ok. Great results for dh on the dna frag.
Dotty37

Postby MrsA » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:44 am

Glad you’re feeling better dotty.

Got my period thank god. Spotted nearly a week before I got it which is weird - anyone have that after unsuccessful IVF?
MrsA

Postby Michelle81 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:11 pm

Hi girls, apologies for the disappearing act. It hit me pretty badly this time and didn't want to bring ye all down with me. Had a counselling session this morn and gotten over day 1 of evil af so feeling a bit better. Thanks for all your kind messages x
Mrsam all ok?
Sarah hope it all goes well in Serum. Can't wait to hear.
Dotty hope the uti is getting better. Good to hear about Greece too.
Lorraine how are you doing?
Will catch up with everyone now x
Michelle81

Postby MrsA » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:17 pm

Aw Michelle I’m so sorry xxxx it’s horrible. Glad you got a counselling session in. I had one right after mine and defo was needed.
MrsA

Postby LorraineG » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:26 am

Michelle that's good you did a counselling session hope it helped you make sense of everything. Take some time to just be you again for a bit...says the one who's supposed to be doing that and is plotting and organising for September!! Well technically that is me...have to have something to plan!!
Mrsam how's the poas watch? Hoping and praying for you x
MrsA how are you doing? Have you started thinking of a plan yet?
LorraineG

Postby MrsAM » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:25 pm

Thanks girls, no sign yet and that one was my last test. I did buy dealz strips but nothing showed today so either it was a dud, a chemical or I don't know? Ovia had af due today but I reckon tomorrow. Not holding my breath.

I'm so, so sorry Michelle. How are you doing? :-(
MrsAM

Postby Sarah83 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:42 am

Another very happy Serum patient here! Just had my first visit over the last 2 days and it was everything i had hoped it would be. I feel a million times more confident than i ever did at home. Consultation was with Dr Meridis Lefteris and Penny joined us for the scan . We skipped aqua scan after a transvaginal ultrasound detected an uneven & thick lining.This had always concerned me but my clinic at home dismissed it. Dr Meridis Lefteris done the Hysto nexr morning and said uterus itself was normal but adhesions were present and cut away and some dead tissue and a little inflammation. Implantation cuts given also. I have a long list of things to get on my protocol to address all of this along with stims. They were not impressed thst i was on 450 menopur at home. They also feel bad blood flow in my uterus due to dead tissue may have contributed to my 2 chemicals earlier this year.

My dh was just finished his 40 days of antibiotics and i was concerned that the results wouldn't be great as i think best results are about 3 wks after...but there was great improvements. Count was up, motility was a bit less but still good, but his morphology went up from 2/3% at home to 10%. So thrilled. His dna frag was 9% which we are delighted with but dont know if it was elevated in the first place as it was never tested before this.

Cant recommend them enough and hope my af plays ball and i can cycle next month x
Sarah83

Postby Sarah83 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:46 am

Girls i just copied & pasted that from the serum fb as was easier! At stanstead airport right now waiting on flight home.

Dotty hope your feeling ok & enjoyed your hols. If your a private patient in Greece the service is out of this world. They are so efficient and on the ball. Cant rate them enough. Where Serum is is quite run down but didnt bother me in the least. They are moving to a bigger and better premises later on this year.

Michelle iv been thinking of you loads hun and I hope your holding up ok. Xx

MrsAm im so sorry its a negative. It may have even been a chemical? So so disappointing but there may be time xx
Last edited by Sarah83 on Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarah83

Postby MrsA » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:47 am

Hey girls no plan yet - well it’s currently to again around September/October. To be honest I’ve been a bag of anxiety since I came out of the review appointment - just feeling like I’m not doing enough etc so I’m going to go to counselling next week and see how I feel when I talk to her. I ignored a lot of my instincts when I went forward with our first round so don’t want to do that again.

One thing I do want to do it get my bloods done. When I got them done last year I was slightly under average in vitamin d which the doctor didn’t think was an issue but is quite significant in fertility. I also want to get fsh rested as I think that can indicate to egg quality - either that or testosterone. I’m not sure where to get this done though as my clinic aren’t really promoting supplements etc and well woman were so bloody useless last time..
MrsA

Postby MrsA » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:49 am

Sarah our posts overlapped - that all sounds AMAZiNG. So happy you’re doing good. When you did af?

MrsAM I didn’t notice your post until I saw Sarah’s comment. I’m so sorry it’s negative xxx
MrsA

Postby MrsAM » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:05 am

It's fine. I really am ok with it. I'd be so terrified of a later loss again with my uterus covered in endo that in a way I'm relieved. Also disappointed but you know what I mean. If it's not going to end well, then I'd rather it was now than later.

Sounds fab Sarah. Rwally well looked after! Fingers crossed that does the trick for you now!
MrsAM

Postby Sarah83 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:17 am

Thanks MrsA i so so happy iv moved clinics! Its a completely different experience, not a bit clinical and very intimate. So friendly. Penny the medical director even drove us to the hospital from the clinic for my pre op tests...could you imagine that here! My ad is due maybe 2nd July butbthe cut off id july 5th as the clise for a month end of july to end of aug so if af doesnt come on time ill have to wait until sept which i really dont want to do!

As for you, definitely dont rush into another cycle until you are 100% ready. There is a girl on another US site i was following and so similar to you on first round. 1 dsy 3 embryo which didnt implant. Changed clinics and whole new protocol and had a few to freeze and pregnant on fresh transfer. A change in protocol and supplements can make all the difference. Take care if yourself first though you've had a terrible time xx

MrsAm i know its so so disappointing but i agree i think a later loss would be worse. Any loss is devastating but i dont think ill ever again feel as crushed as i did having my ectopic at 8 wks. It still hurts! This is a tough journey we are on xx
Sarah83

Postby Michelle81 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:31 pm

Sarah it's great to hear you've had such a wonderful experience. The positivity you feel is worth so much itself.
Mrsamy I'm sorry this didn't turn out to be anything for you. Did you get your gynae app yet?
MrsA the counselling is a good idea and you're right to follow your instincts. Your mind def needs to be in the right place too.
Can't thank you all enough for the support. My counsellor was really happy to hear that I had ye to talk to. Feeling a bit better now although for the first time I'm not sure where I'm going next. Not confident that I'll gain anything from my review either but we will see what happens.
Michelle81

Postby MrsAM » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:19 pm

No, they cancelled the fecking multidisciplinary team meeting last week Michelle. Someone couldn't make it. So it'll probably be well into July before I hear. :-| :(
MrsAM

Postby MrsAM » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:28 pm

Still no af but crampy. Did a dealz strip yesterday afternoon but nothing. Haven't bought a frer, but tempted to. :-|
MrsAM

PreviousNext

Return to TTC with Assistance