Longer term ttc #1

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Re: Longer term ttc #1

Postby Michelle81 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:57 am

Hope you are doing ok Sarah. Fx your consultation goes well on Monday. Good to hear ye have a few things to look forward to.
Dotty hope you are feeling good. You must be starting to get a bump at this stage?
Lorraine how are you holding up?
Mrsbb if you're popping in, hope you are doing well.
MrsA hope you're enjoying the time away as much as I am!
Michelle81

Postby LorraineG » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:14 pm

All good here Michelle thank God! Locus medicus have sorted out a cool box for me so will be getting that blood test done and sent next Wednesday. Hopefully the results wont take too long to come back so we can see what's what! Hows the holiday going? Are you getting nice and relaxed? And Mrsa...you too?
Sarah hope you've a lovely time with your sister over the weekend. And hope penny has some answers for you when you call.
LorraineG

Postby MrsA » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:53 pm

Hey girls having a lovely time although got my period yday and as much as I tried not to be I was a bit down. I’m finding it very hard to get past the negative feelings of all this. If anything I nearly feel I’m more comfortable being negative about it which I hate. Sorry to be a drag. Other then that though it’s fab and I’m appreciating my lovely Hubs and all my blessings.

Sarah I’m sorry that yet another frustrating hurdle has been thrown at you. Hopefully call on Monday goes well and there’ll be a plan in place to tackle this head on.
MrsA

Postby Sarah83 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:15 pm

Thanks so much for the support ladies I appreciate it so much xxx
Sarah83

Postby Michelle81 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:19 pm

Sarah how did it go today?
MrsA don't be so hard on yourself - it's so hard to be positive through all this. It's totally ok to be negative because it's hard to find hope all the time. Hopefully you are enjoying the holiday and you'll bounce back again.
Lorraine fair play to you with all that testing and sending off - it kind of makes me anxious. I'll be asking for your help if I decide to do it! When do you expect results?
Mrsamy how are you doing?
Michelle81

Postby Sarah83 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:38 pm

Hey Michelle. Phone consultation well well. Just mulling over everything right now and my head is spinning. Basically Penny has agreed Im just not responding to the drugs as she would expect me to based on hormone levels and afc. I suggested the estrogen priming protocol and she did say if i really wanted to we could do this, but she would recommend a natural ivf cycle. She said im still actually an easy case and she feels strongly i can achieve a pregnancy but she feels based on my history & ability to conceive naturally then thats the way she thinks i should go. I feel i need to trust her but a natural ivf freaks me out as its potentially collecting just 1 egg. But she said we may do a naturally supported ivf which means based on what she sees on my day 6 scan with no meds we could maybe add in some meriofert for a few days and maybe get 2 or 3 eggs. Its a lot to think about and i think maybe i should put all my trust in her but its hard as usually the aim with ivf is to get a few eggs...im to email her tomorrow with my decision...what do ye think? X
Sarah83

Postby Dotty37 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:48 pm

Sarah that sounds like if all makes sense to me...all your cycles have been very similar with dominant follicles etc. It's a very simplistic way of looking at it but it's what struck me when reading your post- it seems you need to try something new and this is it. It seems like you have nothing to lose either, I know the fear of one or 2 eggs is horrible, but would it be worse than a cancelled cycle? It's great to hear your a simple enough case, you can get pregnant- it's maybe the quality hasbt been good enough as your overstinulated previously or just getting lots of eggs where one or 2 would be better? It only takes 1 good one. Obviously so easy for me to sit here and say this, and it's totally up to you and dh but my gut would be to tell you to go for it. But you have time to decide while serum is closed.

Hope everyone is doing ok and enjoying their holidays!
Dotty37

Postby MrsK19 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:41 pm

Hi girls, hope everyone is keeping well and everyone on hols is taking some much needed chilling out time. Sarah so sorry to see your cycle had to be cancelled. The natural cycle could be the thing for you if you have the dominant follicle each time on the stims. I have my operation on 26th to remove polyps. Hysteroscopy but this time under General anaesthetic. Looking forward to it all being done now.
MrsK19

Postby Sarah83 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:01 pm

Dotty thank you xx I know that this is likely the way to go but at the same time we have not exhausted all of the many protocols out there. She did say if i need to be suppressed they then need to higher the dose which she really doesnt like to do as she feels it effects the egg quality. However she did say that if this natural approach didn't work we could then try the estrogen priming protocol. But your right i dont know if i could face another cancelled cycle. I will be mailing her tomorrow as they close from end of July to end of aug & she recommends i have the meriofert before they close so i have it ready in case i need to add it on the natural cycle. Meriofert may not be available in ireland so i need to look into this tomorrow and if its not then she will arrang to courier it to me before they close.

MrsK thats fantastic the best of luck with it all your heading in the right direction xx
Sarah83

Postby LorraineG » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:21 am

Sarah I'm so sorry it's not more clear cut for you. I felt a bit like that after my 1st call with penny...nearly more questions than answers! It's so fricking hard when you get to the point of not blindly trusting what's being advised and feeling like your ideas could work too...caught between knowing you're not a doctor but knowing your body. I will say that we decided to go to serum because we wanted something different to what's done here. I know that last try was different in terms of dosages but it wasn't really different in protocol so maybe this is the change that you need? I know you may only get one egg and it goes totally against the grain from what we have been trained with here but it could give you the edge on quality that you need. And we all know it only takes one! And yes...feel free to remind me of all this when I'm agonising over what to do in September!!
Michelle I'm having a bit of a meltdown with the whole thing today...need a DHL pickup scheduled for tomorrow morning and no one is replying to my emails! Unsolicited advice for anyone doing this in the future...give yourself plenty of time between arrival of the kit and arranging samples & pickup...like a week! Despite the stress of it (half of which is completely exceptional circumstances) it is a much better solution that travelling to Greece for the tests or paying €1000 here!
Mrsk hope the next couple of weeks fly for you! Have you a plan for after? Natural or assisted? Sorry you prob already said but my heads like a sieve!
Mrsa hope your enjoying the holliers and getting some well deserved down time. Remember you have gone through a lot in the last few months...its normal for it to get to you now and then xx
Sorry for the long post!!
LorraineG

Postby Sarah83 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:47 am

Lorraine I know...still so many questions!! But after sleeping on it I have decided to go with Pennys advice and try the natural cycle...so it wi be towards the end of next month or start of sept and get my day 6 scan at home and then decide if ill add in a stim. What a feckin rollercoaster this is! Penny really was surprised based on all my levels and afv etc that this was how i responded but she said unfortunately the drugs just dont suit some ladies and i fall into that categoey. Feckin typical... with everything else just throw that in there aswell. So fed up...

Sounds like you have had a bit of a headwreck sorting out all your bloods etc...its never straight forward is it! So now you have decided on Serum do you think you'll cycle in Sept aswell? X
Sarah83

Postby LorraineG » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:01 pm

I know Sarah! From all I've seen on their Facebook group locus medicus are under a lot of pressure and short staffed the last few weeks so that's probably the reason there's been some delays. If I had time I'd wait but I want the results before serum close (hopefully) so I can possibly have a plan in place for afterwards. Courier is booked now in response to my 'URGENT' email so all good for tomorrow!
In all likelihood af will arrive when I'm on hols and won't be able to get a scan and will have to wait til the end of Sept!! But sure whatever happens will happen...I can't change it!
I'm delighted you have a plan now anyway...fingers crossed it works well for you! It's such a comfort to know that penny has seen these things before isn't it? Enjoy your couple of weeks now...make the most of it!
LorraineG

Postby Sarah83 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:36 pm

Glad your sorted now Lorraine, and your attitude is great hun! Im trying to pick myself up & just try to enjoy the next few wks over the summer. But cant wait to get started again! We have a wedding friday which in one way im looking forward to it but in another way im allergic to the baby & bumps talk amongst people! Ill just have to neck a few prosecco as i feel more numb about it all after a few drinks lol!
Sarah83

Postby Michelle81 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:57 pm

Sorry I'm a bit late to the chat Sarah but I don't think I coukd have put it much better than dotty or Lorraine. I woukd be inclined to go with penny's advice this time and see how it goes - can't have a worse result than a cancelled cycle. Hope you feel a bit better about it now.
Lorraine that all sounds scary! I think I'd be a nervous wreck! Hope you get the results quickly.
Mrsk that's brill that your ok is almost here. Hopefully this will sort you out
Michelle81

Postby MrsK19 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:09 pm

I am gonna give iui one last go Lorraine once the hysteroscopy is out of the way. I don't think I could face another cycle without assistance irrespective of the hysteroscopy as the doctor said the last day she wasn't convinced that polyps were the issue based on where they are. We will be ttc for 3 years in January and it just feels like forever. I know the feeling with baby talk everywhere Sarah, just lapup the prosecco and try enjoy yourself, have faith that your time will come soon.. and in the meantime.. prosecco
MrsK19

Postby LorraineG » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:00 am

Well last blood samples sent off to Greece! Fingers crossed for a quick turnaround on results!
Sarah...I agree prosecco dulls the annoyance of the baby chat...go for it!! When will your af be due for September cycle? Are you going to pre book a scan or try and get one last minute?
Mrsk between getting the polyps sorted and doing iui you will hopefully be right in track for your bfp! I'd say it must feel like it will never get here! Hope you're enjoying the wait time too!
Michelle how are you doing? How are your opks going? I keep forgetting to do them!! Got a really strong line yesterday morning but hadn't done day before so no idea if it's a proper peak or not!! Line seems to be fading fast yest eve and today! We'll give it a bash anyway...you never know!!
LorraineG

Postby Sarah83 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:55 pm

Defo iui is a good idea after the hysto MrsK...that could be all you need xx

Great stuff Lorraine! Everything is a step closer! Im due af end of Aug so will get my day 6 here, will book it cd1 but babyscan are really accommodating to fit u in for ivf patients. So hopefully ill be Serum bound 1st wk of Sept. Penny wants me to have meriofert to hand on day 6 in case she wants me to add it in. I dont think u can get it in ireland so they are going to give it to me, i just need to pay the next day courier which is €150. In exchange i bring my menopur when i go over. I think this is an arrangement they can have with trusted patients obviously not for someone they havent dealt with, in case anyone thinks its unethical lol! Im so pleased they are helping me out as to buy it from the uk would have been about €700 and i may not even need it.

Thanks girls for all of yer support over the last few days...roll on the prosecco guzzling tomorrow lol xx
Sarah83

Postby LorraineG » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:38 pm

Aw that's a great idea Sarah...saves you the hassle of trying to sort it out here. 1st week of September wont be long rolling around at all! I'm feeling a bit disappointed that I prob wont be going til October now. I'd have to have protocol and prescription sorted by next Friday if I was going to be able to start end of August as soon as we're home from hols (provided af played ball!) And I just think that's too much pressure when I'm waiting for results etc. So trying to make myself believe that October will be better anyway!! Its not working very well!!
Anyone any plans for the weekend (apart from Sarah's prosecco guzzling?!)
LorraineG

Postby Sarah83 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:49 pm

I suppose Lorraine just look at it ye have longer on yer supplements which will mean better eggs & sperm! And also you can enjoy your hols with plenty of time to recover etc!! We have to look for the positives in all this!!!
Sarah83

Postby MrsA » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:09 pm

Enjoy the Prosecco today Sarah.

Lorraine everything happens for a reason and waiting til October means you’ll be in good confident position when going again. You can also try and enjoy the rest of ur summer and holiday xx
MrsA

PreviousNext

Return to TTC with Assistance