Longer term ttc #1

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Re: Longer term ttc #1

Postby Michelle81 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:51 pm

So sorry Oliviasmum, it's an awful feeling. Be kind to yourself.
Thanks Sarah. I had emailed them on Monday and they said it would be ok as long as they received it before they closed today. Didn't think it woukd take that long. Anyway nothing I can do about it now!
Michelle81

Postby Oliviasmum » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:10 pm

Ah I’m honestly ok about it thanks everyone I’ll just make an app with the doc anyway as I have been feeling very off and getting dizzy so just go and check everything is ok anyway
Oliviasmum

Postby MrsK19 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:10 pm

Sorry about the bfn Oliviasmum. Hope you are doing ok. The tests are tough. I had my heteroscopy today under general anaesthetic. Glad to have it done, they showed me pictures of my uterus before and after and there is a pretty big difference. We are heading on holidays at the end of August so will can't do the next cycle for iui so will be going iui in early Sept. Will still try naturally for August just for the sake of not wasting a month. I just really hope this is the issue for us. The doctor asked me a random easy question earlier and I burst into tears. Didn't realise how much I was holding in.
MrsK19

Postby Oliviasmum » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:02 pm

I’ve to get one of them done aswell when and if I get my next af how are you feeling after it I heard it’s a little uncomfortable not sure I really want to get it done I’m getting really confused here I just said the heck with it I’ll do an opk just out of curiosity I’m on cd 36 and I literally just done and when I took a photo with the app I have it’s sating it’s a high result there is s good bit of a line there I really don’t know what’s going on with my body lately it has me driven demented at this stage and I’m pretty sure I’ve already ovulated as I got the sharp pain in my side that I do get on the rare times i actually ovulate my heads messed up think I’ll just steer clear for now and make an app with the doc during the week
Oliviasmum

Postby Oliviasmum » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:05 pm

This is it
Attachments
8CA21B53-4B8D-4AA1-B56E-F0713FDD63A6.jpeg
8CA21B53-4B8D-4AA1-B56E-F0713FDD63A6.jpeg (253.18 KiB) Viewed 90 times
Oliviasmum

Postby LorraineG » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:01 am

Oliviasmum was your bfn yesterday with a frer or a cheapie? As far as I know opks can show a line for hcg too. Don't want to drive you mad but maybe try another hpt tomorrow or next day? Especially when you think you ovulated already this cycle.
LorraineG

Postby MrsK19 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:47 am

I had two hysteroscopys Oliviasmum. One was a camera to have a look around and investigate for polyps and to take a biopsy of one. For that one I was awake and it was very uncomfortable but it was over in a few minutes. The one I had yesterday was to remove polyps that they found and they put me under General anaesthetic for that and I was in hospital for the day. I didn't feel anything under General and but have to take a few days off work. They showed me before and after pictures of my uterus and it looks so much better. Can't be sure that it was the problem for us but my husband's friend in work went through a failed ivf and then had polyps removed and got pregnant naturally so I am keeping my fingers crossed this has been our issue. With the lines they can drive you mad but maybe just dtd over the next few days in case and either try a new test in a day or so or just try put it out of your head and wait for af with hope of no show.
MrsK19

Postby Michelle81 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:57 am

Oliviasmum that is definitely a head wreck. I'd test again with a good test and certainly might be no harm to book in with your doctor.
Mrsk that's great that you could see such a difference. It would be great if that was the issue and ye fell pregnant naturally this month. Fx!
Michelle81

Postby Oliviasmum » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:05 am

Mrsk19 that’s great that you could see a difference and hopefully it will happen naturally this month fx I tested yesterday morning with a clear blue so it’s all just annoying but I’ll see what doctor says during the week anyway not gonna test again till I see the doc
Oliviasmum

Postby MrsA » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:28 pm

Fingers crossed for you mrsk.

Olivia so sorry to see bfn hope ur ok xx

Hope everyone having a nice weekend x
MrsA

Postby Sarah83 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:28 pm

MrsK i really hope the hysto was what you needed & hopefully ttc naturally this month will be the answer to your prayers xxx

Im still just counting down the days to start again. I am still in a negative headspace and struggling with the fear of another cancellation. But i do believe im in good hands and have faith that Penny will get us there one way or another.
Sarah83

Postby LorraineG » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:29 pm

Sarah the waiting is so hard isn't it?! I'm feeling really crappy this evening too...just struggling with the unfairness of it all. Nothing in particular just a bit low and cant get around it. Af due in a couplebof days so that's prob why! Of course you have that fear after everything you've been through...my advice would be to try and accept that it's going to be part of your cycle and don't put extra worry on yourself worrying about worrying (if that makes any sense at all?!)
LorraineG

Postby Sarah83 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:16 pm

Honestly ya the waiting is torture!! Im on cd4 today so all going to plan I should be able to cycle end aug early sept. I spotted for days before af so i dont know what thats about.
I know what your saying and im trying to mentally prepare myself that cancelling is a good possibility but i cant make peace with it. It upsets me so much and it doesn't help probably that we've a few pregnant friends and it makes me feel really sad! And impatient! And your right it is unfair & we are only human and its only natural we are feeling like this xx
Sarah83

Postby Sarah83 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:11 pm

Also Lorraine I think you have a great chance of getting there on ur next cycle with everything that has come to light since your test results xx
Sarah83

Postby LorraineG » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:33 pm

I really do have a good feeling about our next cycle...I think there will be a lot of changes and hopefully these last test results and treatments will mean we will be in with a really good chance. I suppose tonight I just want it all NOW! I'm 12dpo today and feel like we gave it a good shot naturally this month and I suppose I just feel catapulted back to 2 years ago with all the wishing and waiting and wondering if this will be it. Its torturous!
I really do think that Penny's going in the right direction for you too Sarah. I know it's so hard to not let the fear take over especially when its something so different to what we're used to...but she def knows her stuff! Fingers crossed for both of us! When do you reckon you'll be over there?
LorraineG

Postby Sarah83 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:11 am

Ill be like you this cycle Lorraine. We'll be ttc naturally and we'll be giving it our all...why not! But i know what you mean... the horrible feelings of ttc for months on end and bfn...but i couldnt not try! Are you going to test or wait & see if af arrives?

Id say I should be heading over at the very end of Aug if things go to plan. I wont be booking anything until i get the go ahead to go over, i wont be making that mistake again!

We are definitely in good hands & im confident we'll get there...i just hope its soon!!!
Sarah83

Postby LorraineG » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:59 am

If I'd had an frer in the house yesterday I would have done it...but this morning I've that dragging feeling and I know shes coming so I'm not going to bother! I'm fairly sure yesterday's outburst was hormone related...felt better after a good cry! I'm counting down the days til I'm over in September! I'd say there'll be plenty of air b&b's available it will be just the price of the flights but you could be lucky last minute too. Fingers crossed it will all fall into place for you when the time comes!
LorraineG

Postby Sarah83 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:16 am

Better off waiting...seeing a bfn is horrible. I think by going in sept flights & accommodation will be a good bit cheaper than june/july anyway. Im literally wishing away the summer!!!

Glad you are feeling better today. The hormones make everything worse...
Sarah83

Postby Michelle81 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:46 pm

My sample didn't get to Serum on time. A bit annoyed because that's two af's I've had now and still no tests done. Have to wait until I ovulate before booking in for biopsy and can't try ourselves just in case.
Great to hear ye so excited about going to Serum Lorraine and Sarah. I'm sure it will be cheaper and easier book after the summer. I think Aer Lingus do a flexi fare where you can book it but change the dates without altering the price. Might be worth looking into when ye have a better idea of dates
Michelle81

Postby Sarah83 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:50 pm

Ah feck Michelle thats very annoying...if your anything like me, waiting on anything is frustrating! You can take another sample on your next af and you can keep it in the fridge until closer to Serum re-opening. Are you doing the biopsy at home?
Sarah83

PreviousNext

Return to TTC with Assistance