Longer term ttc #1

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Re: Longer term ttc #1

Postby LorraineG » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:56 am

Happy Tuesday mrsa! How is everyone this week? Busy weekend by all? I managed to spend mine surrounded by nieces and nephews which was lovely but left me feeling a little empty yesterday. Hoping to get my positive feelings back in full today! Walk maybe followed by coffee and a cake...yes I know that doesn't make sense but I'll feel good!!
LorraineG

Postby MrsA » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:31 am

I went to a spa which was nice. Quite tired after it. Going to go for a run today at some point. I find the closer I’m getting to next cycle the more I’m panicking about if I’m doing all that I can. Eek.

Cake sounds lovely Lorraine :)
MrsA

Postby LorraineG » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:20 pm

Aw a spa weekend sounds like heaven! I'd love a facial! Going on holidays in 2 weeks so maybe that will do the same thing!! I know the anxious feeling of making sure you're doing everything but honestly mrsa you ARE doing all you can. Our most successful cycles were the ones where I didn't give a crap so honestly anything extra you're doing can only be good. Try to stay relaxed and try to be confident. I'm trying an affirmation this week to send some positive vibes to the universe! "It WILL work, we WILL have our family!" Cant do any harm right!!
LorraineG

Postby Sarah83 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:46 pm

Back from my wknd at a wedding in the uk yest but it was a lovely distraction to have a few days where i did manage to switch off. But back home & back with a bang all things ivf! 4dpo so once af starts ill hopefully be doing my natural cycle that cycle. Feel a bit nervous about it all again... scans etc, last minute flights & accommodation etc. It'll all happen really quick!

Hope everyone is doing ok...mrsA i aggree with Lorraine, there is only so much you can do. Its so easy to beat ourselves up if we dont do everything by the book but we need to live too! X
Sarah83

Postby LorraineG » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:09 pm

You're in full countdown mode so Sarah!! Hopefully flights wont be too bad coming into September and there seems to be plenty of airb&bs around the clinic so hopefully you'll get one handy enough. That's the bit that stresses me out the most...the last minute-ness. But it will all work out! The next few weeks will fly for us all! I should be starting again in about 6 weeks fingers crossed and only 3 weeks til I'm there for aquascan...week!
LorraineG

Postby Sarah83 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:35 pm

Oh Lorraine its all happening very fast for you aswell! And yes im pretty sure the flights should definitely be cheaper than peak so thats something! I do get nervous just thinking about it...trying to stay positive though!! It does only take one afterall!! X
Sarah83

Postby MrsA » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:43 pm

Yikes it’s all go. The next few weeks are going to fly by.

Feel a bit gut punched. I had bloods done and my testosterone is in the normal range but it’s the lower end. I asked doctor about supplementing with dhea and he disagrees saying not to, no studies (lies) yada yada cos he seems to hate everything to do with supplements. I asked him was there anything I couldn’t take and he just got the nurse to reply saying no supplementing necessary. Now I know it doesn’t matter what he says as I’ve supplemented regardless and am happy with that. It’s just disheartening that he keeps shooting it down as from where I’m standing for egg quality supplementing, diet etc is all we have to improve it.

Just don’t feel like we’re on the same page at all and it makes me so anxious going into it.
MrsA

Postby Sarah83 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:22 pm

MrsA im so sorry your consultant made you feel this way its not right. My clinic at home were fairly dismissive of supplements aswell but werent opposed to me taking them. Serum are all for taking supplements so that might be some consolation...they have obviously seen positive results from them so definitely stick with it. The clinics here are really conservative & only back things that are proven through trials etc. X
Sarah83

Postby LorraineG » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:38 pm

Mrsa trust your gut and your own instincts. We all know vitamins and minerals help our overall wellbeing so supplementing certain ones for egg health makes sense on this journey. I could be cynical and say that supplements don't make any money for ivf clinics or nice and say a lot of consultants put all their faith in the medicine doing what it's supposed to do so why would you need anything else? I for one am putting my faith in me and throwing whatever I can at this.
I will say that I stopped taking the dhea as I felt the testosterone was affecting me (losing hair and getting angry a lot!) And because serum don't like it. Have you been taking it long? From what I've read it works best if taken for about 3-4 months before cycling. And as for testosterone levels...the low end of the range is still within what it should be. Maybe if you're worried about it get a second opinion? What else are you taking? When I first contacted serum this was in their email "For egg quality we particularly recommend Ubiquinol/CoQ10, inositol and melatonin."
LorraineG

Postby MrsA » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:02 pm

I haven’t actually taken it as knew it can have side effects so didnt want to take without doctors blessing. I don’t mind he was against it I think I was just looking for a bit of comfort on my levels being on lower end of normal but didn’t get that either. My dhea levels are ok they are on higher end of normal I had read that if either dhea or testosterone are on lower end of normal to take dhea supplement.

I’m taking 600 of coq10. Vitmamin e, b complex, Folate. Vitamin d, lipoic acid and omega. Going again take melatonin for my last cycle before IVF and up to egg collection.
MrsA

Postby Oliviasmum » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:35 pm

Hope everyone is well and starting to get where they want to be at I’ve been missing for a while as I’ve been having back problems and could barely walk been off work for 2 weeks now aswell just hadn’t the energy for anything I tested about a week and a half ago and i think it was negative so when I went to doc about my back I forgot to say it to her as was just in so much pain with it I completely forgot all about that so I’ll just wait it out for the time being and what happens happens I’m not even to bothered anymore to be honest just think I’m gonna give up I’ll see what the clinic say when I’m back in with them cause if they don’t give me clomid or anything I’ll think I’ll just stop cause I can’t be dealing with all this anymore I already have my little miracle and I couldn’t be any happier with her sorry if I upset anyone saying that anyways I hope you are all doing good and the best of luck to each and every one of you I know when the times are right it will happen for each and everyone x
Oliviasmum

Postby LorraineG » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:49 am

Oliviasmum backache is the worst pain (along with toothache!) Hope your doc was able to help with it and you get some relief soon. Then go back to the drawing board on getting pregnant and see how you're feeling. And why would sharing your feelings upset anyone? Were all entitled to feel how we feel!
Girls my friend sent me this link and I thought I'd share as I think we've all at one point or another suffered with anxiety and I for one would love to find a better way of coping with it. Aware are running 6 week training courses in CBT for €30 refundable deposit (€10 if unemployed/Med card) https://www.aware.ie/education/life-ski ... programme/
Hope everyone is having a good week!
LorraineG

Postby MrsA » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:45 am

Seconded what Lorraine says we’re all here for each other so nobody going to be upset with what you say :)

Lorraine the counselling offer looks good. I already see a fertility counselor so probably no use in seeing anyone else but I’d highly recommend anyone not seeing one to do it.

I’m late ovulating this month which is making me a bit anxious. Normally it’s around day 13-16 but day 17 now and nothing. Worrying it’s the acupuncture messing me up as this happened last year. Between this and period coming a week early last month I just feel like I can’t seem to get on the same page as my body at all.

Also rly starting to feel like the nurses in my clinic hate me or think I’m difficult or something.
MrsA

Postby Oliviasmum » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:55 am

Got my back sorted this morning and found out what was wrong with it a neighbor of mine is a chiropractor and never thought of him before but he squeezed me in this morning and he was very surprised my doc never sent me for any X-ray he said my pelvis was twisted and I had a rib sticking out and touching of some nerves but he sorted it for me and I swear I’m feeling better then I have done in months

Lorrain that looks very interesting and I suffer with anxiety so might give it a try
Oliviasmum

Postby LorraineG » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:29 pm

Wow oliviasmum that's unreal! Great you've gotten relief! Bet you feel way better!
Mrsa I think it's more about teaching coping skills than counselling sessions but it's great you're counsellor is helping you with your anxiety...staying calm and relaxed is the second hardest part of all this. Waiting is the first!!
LorraineG

Postby LorraineG » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:49 am

Hey everyone...how are we all doing? It's like the calm before the storm here!
LorraineG

Postby MrsA » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:56 am

All good here Lorraine. Yourself?
MrsA

Postby Sarah83 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:09 am

Sure is Lorraine!! Just counting down the days! A bit overwhelmed with what's ahead of me in a couple of weeks! Going to Greece solo to potentially collect 1 egg!! 1 egg!!! So so daunting!!! Trying to be positive that it will be 'The Egg' lol!!

How are you all?

Not long for you Lorraine for your consultation. I was very excited for that first visit over x
Sarah83

Postby LorraineG » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:06 am

I feel like this is going to be the longest week ever and after that I'm not going to have a minute to breath! We're off on holidays next Monday, then Greece the Friday after we get home, then hopefully starting pre-treatment the week after that...it will be all go! If it would just hurry up and get here!! Its great you're nearly there Sarah. I know its daunting but 1 good quality egg is far more precious than 10 crap ones. And hopefully this plan will suit your body better and you could get 2 or 3 nice, evenly grown good ones!
Mrsa you're planning for Sept too aren't you? Start or end of the month?
LorraineG

Postby Sarah83 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:22 am

Fab your getting away on your hols Lorraine itll be a lovely break away and a switch off before you come home & then full steam ahead so enjoy every day of the hols! It'll be here before you know it. Its great to be getting started again so soon!
And i agree completely than 1 egg thats good is better than loads of not so good so im praying i get lucky! Although i do hope we collect 2 or 3...
Roll on the next few weeks!!
Sarah83

PreviousNext

Return to TTC with Assistance