Longer term ttc #1

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Re: Longer term ttc #1

Postby Michelle81 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:45 am

Ladies I couldn't log in all week, was starting to think I'd lost ye! Sarah that is fantastic news! You must be so excited. It'll be very quick from here. Can't wait to see how it goes for you.
MrsA how did your cycle pan out after? Very frustrating when it messes us around. Is af def coming?
How is everyone else doing?
Michelle81

Postby LorraineG » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:03 am

Sarah that's fantastic news! You had another scan yesterday didnt you? How were the little follies? No runaways? Been wondering how you were getting on!
Mrsa how are you getting on now? Michelle are you on ovulation watch again?
Got back from my holliers yesterday after a 3.5 hour delay in Spain...such a pain in the rear end especially as it was an early flight so up before even the crack of dawn!! Had such a relaxing time though and I'm rearing to go now! I'm in Athens next Friday for consult, aquascan and scratch...roll on!!
LorraineG

Postby Sarah83 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:01 pm

Thanks girls! I think im excited but also not super positive but just want move on with it now!! I do have a dominant Lorraine but that wasn't unexpected as most people would at cd5 but Penny still wanted me to add add in the stims! So there was some growth at yesterdays scan and she said start the cetrotide today to slow the bigger one to give the others a chance to catch up. I wonder why that wasnt suggested to me here. But i have to trust her & go with it. Worst case scenario we get 1 egg and best case 3. Fingers crossed!!
Iv booked a lovely apartment in Kolonaki which is the 'poshest' area in Athens which i didnt realise until after i booked lol! So eating out etc wil prob be pricier! Ill try get out after egg collection and do a bit of sightseeing.

Great you had a lovely hol Lorraine. And all systems go for you now aswell! Where are ye staying and how long? It would have been lovely to try catch up if you were going for a cycle but ye will be all go i imagine with the consultation etc so u unlikely ye would have time. We should have timed it better haha!

Getting the aircoach to dublin at 2 am...its a bit of a trek so hopefully ill sleep!
Sarah83

Postby LorraineG » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:33 pm

We booked an airb&b near the clinic. Looks nice and basically going to check it out for when I'm cycling. Dh wants to make sure the area is safe etc as I'll be on my own for the first bit. We have appointment Friday as soon as we arrive but they advised staying for all of Saturday also as they may want a follow up so not flying back until late Saturday. Hoping it will be a free day so may be a possibility to meet up but I wont know until I figure out what's going on! Have you booked a flight back yet or are you going to wait and see? It's a bit nerve wracking everything having to be so last minute!
LorraineG

Postby Sarah83 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:56 pm

Great you got an airbnb close to Serum. And good idea in checking it out for cycling. Like you will be im on my own. Dh was looking at flights to come for 2 days but with the price i dont think there is a point! Penny said plan to be there till monday 9th so im guessing it would be a 5 day transfer on the monday. But ill know more about the timing of it all this monday and will book a flight home then.

Its good ye have the day on the sat as ye wont be panicking in a rush if they do need you back in. But definitely if yer at a loose end u can get onto me but zero pressure obviously as ye dont really have that much time! Shame we weren't both cycling at the same time tho!

I might try to join the serum meet up fb group in case i do want company while there. In general im quite content in my own company but in 8 days that might wear thin! Im bringing books & dvds in case i dont fancy out and about every day!
Sarah83

Postby LorraineG » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:08 pm

I was going to join that meet up group too but like that I'm not sure I'll have time for any meet ups! More just to see if I recognise anyone in the waiting room!! Our plan is for dh to come over for egg collection and maybe go somewhere nice for a couple of days before transfer. Its going to fall around his birthday (big 40) so I'm hoping to link something in! I'm trying not to plan it too much as you know yourself how fate likes to laugh at us being organised! It's so exciting for you to be on your way again. Petrifying too I'm sure but I hope you're holding onto the positives and remembering that this could be the one! Xx
LorraineG

Postby Michelle81 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:15 pm

So exciting for you both Sarah and Lorraine, it would be amazing if ye did get to meet up! I have to admit that I would be very anxious about going over on my own, I tend to get very panicky. Might have to think about that if I do go to Serum.
I actually got a positive opk yesterday,was delighted with myself! Weird not being able to dtd though. Will ring the clinic in the UK on Monday to book biopsy. Went to a nutritionist today. Very expensive and overwhelming!
Michelle81

Postby Sarah83 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:58 pm

Lorraine that sounds brilliant! Your grand so that your dh is going over you wouldn't be on your own for long! My dh cant book work off last minute unfortunately and the way my cycles keep getting cancelled we couldn't even plan for him to come with me. But like that im sure ill be grand. It can be nice to do as you please and not have to consider anyone else...if i want to laze for the day i can lol! Trying to console myself here haha!

Michelle thats great you got your positive opk! Itll be good to get the biopsy done and hopefully you wont be waiting long for your results. Also if you do decide you would like to cycle with Serum ye could maybe make it into your holiday so you can both go. If you have a pretty good idea of dates then it could be done!
Did the nutritionist give you a diet plan?
Sarah83

Postby LorraineG » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:58 pm

Michelle that's great about the opk...interesting to see if the temp jumps a bit. It was always about 2 days after positive opk that I saw an increase.
As for going alone I kind of like being on my own for a bit! I can veg or sightsee as I want then!! And honestly Michelle there is such a huge community on the Facebook group that there's bound to be others cycling the same time that are in the same boat. I remember seeing photos of 4 of the ladies from the group off together some time in June or July so you wont be alone if you don't want to be!
LorraineG

Postby Michelle81 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:44 pm

Sounds like there is great support. I'm afraid I'm one of those people who gets anxious going anywhere on my own and would prob panic even going through the airport! Anyway I'll see if it comes to that I might have to!
Yes very daunted by the diet from the nutritionist but will give it a good shot. She wants me to try a very strict diet for 2 weeks to give is a better idea of issues and also getting us tested for all our nutrients etc
Michelle81

Postby MrsA » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:18 pm

Hi guys all good here AF managed to stay out until Thursday which is a good solid 10 day luteal phase at least. Officially into last cycle before being back to clinic for protocol. Am on so many supplements etc it’s hilarious. Michelle that’s cool about the nutritionist - how strict is the diet? No junk food etc? Can u have meat?

Sarah/Lorraine can’t believe it’s almost all systems go. Very exciting!!
MrsA

Postby LorraineG » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:09 pm

I know the feeling mrsa...I felt like I took half a chemist shop away on holidays!! Are you getting excited to give it another chance? I'm looking forward to Friday's appointment...will hopefully be able to get my prescription and all sorted and be ready to go on next af!
Michelle did you get sorted for your biopsy? Sarah how's Athens?!
LorraineG

Postby MrsA » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:59 pm

Ha I’m on so many supplements it’s veyond a joke. I couldn’t get the melAtonin in the end so instead Im having a glass of lullaby milk before bed as has natural melatonin. Yes I am looking forward to it although it’s nearly like an exam or something where I keep wonderingly if I could have done more or should do more beforehand. Friday will be here before u know it Lorraine!
MrsA

Postby LorraineG » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:46 pm

Try biovea.com for the melatonin... I see lots of people using them for supplements in the UK.
LorraineG

Postby Sarah83 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:32 pm

Athens is grand Lorraine! Here since Sunday afternoon. Had a scan monday which went ok. I think i might have 2 in the running but ill just have to wait and see. Triggered last night so collection in the morning. My nerves.

Im sitting in kolonaki square as we speak people watching. This is the affluent part of Athens so lots of designer shops. Too broke to shop myself tho so just taking it all in. Lots of people like myself but lots of very well dressed people walking by with their gucci etc shopping bags! Weather is nearly too hot for me at 30 degrees but its lovely.

I will say Athens is in general quite run down etc and even this 'affluent' area is not real upmarket looking. But its nice. Sooo busy and roads are mental lol!

Anyways ill update tomorrow with good news i hope. Ill take any positive vibes my way!!! Xx
Sarah83

Postby Dotty37 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:01 pm

Just wanted to pop on and say I've everything crossed for you Sarah and Lorraine starting new cycles in Greece. I'll be keeping an eye on how it goes for you both.
Michelle hope you were able to get the biopsy booked after the opks x
Dotty37

Postby LorraineG » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:27 pm

Oooh Sarah...collection tomorrow wow!! I have everything crossed for you that those 2 are amazing quality and fertilise perfectly tomorrow. Thinking of you x
LorraineG

Postby LorraineG » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:45 pm

Thanks dotty! Cant wait for Friday to hopefully get protocol etc! How are you keeping? I see from the December baby train Mr. Stork will be coming early for you...glad alls well with bubs so far xx
LorraineG

Postby MrsA » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:12 pm

Eeek Sarah collection tomorrow!! Best of luck abf sending you all the positive vibes xxx
MrsA

Postby Michelle81 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:11 pm

Oh wow Sarah collection tomorrow! Definitely sending you all the positive vibes in the world. Wishing you the best of luck!
Having difficulty getting my appointment I'm afraid so not looking good
Michelle81

PreviousNext

Return to TTC with Assistance