Longer term ttc #1

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Re: Longer term ttc #1

Postby Michelle81 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:20 am

Very dramatic week Mrsk! How are you doing?
Michelle81

Postby Sarah83 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:14 pm

Thanks girls im feeling good and delighted to be home! Its been a busy week with many of us travelling but hopefully its bringing us all closer to our bfp xxx
Sarah83

Postby Babydreams87 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:23 pm

Everything crossed for you Sarah! I really hope this is it for ye xxx
Babydreams87

Postby LorraineG » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:57 pm

How is everyone today? Michelle how are you feeling after the biopsy? Was it sore? How long before you get results?
Sarah have you gotten back to your normal routine? Hows the patience holding up?
MrsA, mrsk and babydreams how are ye doing?
My head is still addled from all the info at the weekend and I'm finding it hard to figure out what our best option is for going forward. Dh is on a 40 day course of antibiotics which once he's finished should give us a good shot at trying naturally (but no guarantee!) Or Penny is happy for us to do a round of ivf in November as I am basically out of patience and just don't know if I could go through the torture of bfns every month again. The difficulty is that if we don't do a round in November it will be April before we can go back to Greece so I cant even say that we'll try naturally for 3 months and then go back...where the hell is the crystal ball when you need it!! Any opinions welcome!
LorraineG

Postby MrsK19 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:25 pm

I am good Michelle. A bit annoyed about another month before I can do the iui again. Time really drags by and finding it more difficult as my friends have more and more babies. Finding being back in work difficult too, for some reason being there has reminded me just how much I want to be on maternity leave.
Lorraine deciding whether to give the natural approach a chance when you have had a potential problem resolved is a tricky one. For me too much time and bfns have passed for me to have faith that it can happen naturally. The time for me is precious so I am going iui then straight to ivf. Everyone is different thou, and finances are different for everyone too.
MrsK19

Postby Babydreams87 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:23 pm

Hi Lorraine, I am sorry you got news from Greece you weren’t expecting. I am a firm believer that information, even news that isn’t so good helps us move forward. Hopefully Penny comes through for ye. So glad you met Sarah. Sometimes it feels like a lonely journey. I’m glad we have the forum to help us along.
I had my HSG in August and all good. Tubes are clear. Going to try ourselves for a while. Was put on one cyclogest at night to stop early period spotting but now I am spotting around days 11-16 so right at ovulation time disaster. Once I start progesterone at day 15 it goes away so it seems hormonal. Going to call Waterstone next week to ask about it.
Whats next for you Lorraine? Hope you are hanging in there Sarah!
Babydreams87

Postby Sarah83 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:43 pm

All settled back at home & glad i came home early! Back to work wed so just enjoying the chilling. I think ill be ok until about Saturday when ill probably want to start testing but im going to try really hard to hold off as long as possible because i remember the torture of obsessing over the lines!

As for you Lorraine I can completely understand how you must be feeling, its an awful lot to take in. And if you want my opinion....i think I would be really impatient and would want to cycle in Nov...reasons being I think your dh sperm will be at its best after the protocol & also your uterus will be probably at its best also with the implantation cuts etc. Uterus is best 6-8 months after hysto. But thats really just my opinion and how Id feel in your shoes. Obviously its up to you & dh and you have some time to leave all the information settle & get your head around everything and make a decision thats best for ye! Its been an awful lot to process for ye x

MrsK I actually get it about being at work & actually wishing you were on maternity leave. Iv felt that. And the announcements are really hard & the impatience & almost a panicky feeling kicks in and your feeling left behind almost. Its not easy. I think you are right to go to ivf after the iui but im really hopeful you could have success with your iui as you did already. I know that was a chemical but you got so close xxx

Babydreams, its amazing news that your tubes were clear & you are meant to be more fertile for a couple of months after so ill be keeping my fingers crossed that you get lucky hun xx
Sarah83

Postby MrsA » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:47 am

Lorraine what a lot of information you’ve gotten in the last few days. My opinion is that I would want to cycle. Mainly for all the reasons Sarah has listed. Im also just impatient. It’s absolutely up to you though and I think once you’ve taken a few days you’ll know yourself what’s the best next step.

Mrsk I know all too well the feeling of wishing for maternity. I hope the IUI goes well for you and you don’t have to go on to IVF.

Sarah glad you’re at home and relaxing xxx

Michelle it’s a 5 week wait until results and then what’s your next steps?
MrsA

Postby LorraineG » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:07 am

Thanks girls! In all honesty I really want to cycle in November but I've nearly been feeling selfish or something for wanting to "waste" all that money if things could work naturally for us. Thanks for being the voice of reason and knowing exactly how impatient I feel and reminding me that that's ok too! Sarah I think you're right...all aspects should be at their peak in November so why not take as much advantage as possible!
Babydreams that's great news all was clear...another thing checked out for you! Mrsk when do you start your iui? Fingers crossed it will work for you but also good to have a plan for if not!
Mrsa you're planning for Oct arent you? Getting close now...are you excited?
Jesus Michelle is it 5 weeks for results?! That's such a pain!! How are you feeling about everything?
LorraineG

Postby MrsA » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:19 am

Definitely not selfish Lorraine Xxx

I’m feeling ok - a bit panicky now it’s so close that I should be doing more as away and have been enjoying eating crisps, bread etc. stupid I know but feel I was very good last few months so annoyed to have fallen at last hurdle :)

Can’t wait to stop taking herbs though as has a pushed out my cycle again which always panics me.

.. so basically I’m a bit anxious lolzzz :)
MrsA

Postby LorraineG » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:43 am

Try not to worry too much mrsa all your good work will stand to you! You've given your body a good break so a few packets of crisps and some bread wont make any difference! Once you dont mean you're having crisp sambos morning noon and night! :D Have you got a start date yet? Did you get your prescription? I always found myself getting excited once I started with all that!
Hmmm...crisp sambos! Just gave myself a craving!! :D
LorraineG

Postby Sarah83 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:17 am

MrsA I would not beat yourself up over that at all hun. You've made loads of really positive changes & thats what counts. Little treats here & there wont make any difference. This process is hard enough without completely depriving ourselves x

How are you holding up Lorraine. Still getting your head around everything im sure!

Im just trying to get through the days tbh! Hoping i have the willpower to hold off on testing. This 2ww is always so hard!
Sarah83

Postby LorraineG » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:31 am

I'm good Sarah...getting a handle on everything and just taking it easy! Had acupuncture yesterday which really calmed me! Next worry is hoping that af isn't messed around this month after hysto so I can plan for cycle after that.
Try to hold out as long as you can! I saw a post somewhere about giving yourself a treat for every day you don't test...could be worth a try! Best trick I found for tww was a jar with different things to do inside and pick one every evening to keep you distracted. Like go for a walk, movie night, jigsaw puzzle, adult colouring book etc. Its just to get yourself through the few hours in the evening without obsessing! Hope you're feeling positive xx
LorraineG

Postby Madhatter1 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:03 pm

Hi, I'm wondering can anyone help me please. I'm in Belmadema on hols + I forgot to bring my Fematab tablets. Does anyone know if they can be bought over the counter in Spain without prescription? I'm such a fool can't believe I forgot them.
Madhatter1

Postby LorraineG » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:19 pm

I've always had a prescription for them madhatter. Could your doctor/clinic email you a prescription? You could try and see if the pharmacy would accept that if you posted the original after? Or else maybe see if a doctor there could prescribe for you? Theres nothing worse than forgetting something like that!
LorraineG

Postby Madhatter1 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:30 pm

Thanks LorraineG, I haven't contacted the clinic yet. If I knew what they are called in Spain I'd go into a chemist. I thought they might sell them without prescription
Madhatter1

Postby LorraineG » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:55 pm

Pull up the information leaflet on Google and they will probably know the active ingredients in English even if they don't know the brand. Chance the chemist and see what they say!
LorraineG

Postby Sarah83 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:52 pm

Glad the acu is helping Lorraine, sounds like ye have made up your minds about cycling in November so! Wouldn't it just be the best Christmas present!! Ya im trying to keep busy but tbh its near impossible to take my mind off it! But im determined to hold tough. As for feeling positive, I do sometimes & i dont sometimes! I think if i had transferred a blast and it was a good grade id feel better but at this point i dont even know of this one even made it to blast which us quite hard!

Madhatter, i dont know if you can buy estrogen over the counter in Spain. And different countries have different brands. Here we get femetab, the UK its cyclacur so you would need to find out what the brand is that Spain use. Or just go into a pharmacy there & ask them about getting estrogen.
Sarah83

Postby LorraineG » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:15 pm

Yeah decided to go for it so long as my body plays ball! Am I right in thinking that your hysto messed your af up a bit? Think I'll do opks again to check when I ovulate and I should have a good idea then! There is absolutely no reason why your "excellent" 8 cell embie wouldn't have made it to blast...stay strong! You're doing great waiting...only another bit to go!!
LorraineG

Postby Sarah83 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:52 pm

I think your right Lorraine, may aswell get started as i think you would have regretted it as the months passed if u didnt get preg naturally. Its hard not to feel impatient in all this! The hysto i dont think actually messed up af which i actually think came on time but i had loads of spotting the week leading up to af and kept thinking af was starting & i was waiting to get a cd1 scan and couldn't figure out if the spotting was my af. But when af did come then it was obvious!
And I hope your right...the embryologist was so positive but still a lot can change between day 3 & 5 but I know I shouldn't be thinking like that!!
Sarah83

PreviousNext

Return to TTC with Assistance