Longer term ttc #1

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Re: Longer term ttc #1

Postby Dotty37 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:11 pm

Sarah I've everything crossed for that fantastic 8 cell embryo! That's the perfect embryo for day 3. I'm not sure mine was that good st day 3 and I got a bfp the first time. Mine this time was 8 cell at day 3 and I'm 28 weeks pregnant now!
Lorraine I can't believe what they found....so frustrating after all you've been through. But it's obviously going to make such a difference now tho, I'm so glad they have discovered this for you before u did any more treatment.
Michelle great you had the biopsy...hopefully you won't be waiting too long for the results
Dotty37

Postby Sarah83 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:26 pm

Thanks so much Dotty xx I know I had 2 x 8 cell embies last time at day 3 but there was never any talk of fragmentation or quality so i have nothing to compare this one to. But i am holding onto the fact that it was the very best I could have hoped for at day 3 so hopefully hopefully this is it!
You must be getting so excited. Cant believe your 28 weeks! Amazing! You give me so much hope xx
Sarah83

Postby Dotty37 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:29 pm

I wouldnt have been told about fragmentation either, but if the embroyologist was happy that's all you need to think about! As hard as the 2ww is it's also a huge achievement. Try and remain positive if u can, I'm glad I can give u some positivity! Most of the girls on the Dec train are long termers from here. If we can all get there so can you xx
Dotty37

Postby Michelle81 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:02 pm

MrsA I def wouldn't be worrying about a few nice treats, you have to live as well. Sometimes it can be more stressful trying not to eat things!
Lorraine it sounds like ye have made up yere minds. I'm sure you won't regret it. What is the story with getting your issue sorted?
Sarah think that's a great idea Lorraine gave you to help keep you distracted. It's so bloody hard! I just used to tell myself that I wouldn't actually be pregnant at this stage so no point in testing. Great that dotty can give you hope too. Dotty I see your time is nearing, very excited for you x
Michelle81

Postby Sarah83 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:57 pm

Dotty I know its just amazing there are a few long timers on the Dec train & i love that you pop in to us aswell. We need that to remind us there is light at the end of the tunnell so thank you x

Michelle I agree Lorraines suggestion is a good one, I should do something like that to give myself something else to focus on. And absolutely, if i tsted now sure it would still be the trigger. Im only the equivalent of 7dpo so iv no desire to test right now but i think from Saturday on im going to struggle!!
Sarah83

Postby MrsK19 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:43 pm

Great to hear from you dotty and delighted to hear everything is going well. Lorraine my 2 hystos didn't mess up cycle at all. Think I was a day early the first time and bang on on second. Sarah it is so hard on the tww. I used to set myself a date a little further out as my test date to trick myself into not testing early. So basically when I did crack it was a little later. Now after the chemical I have less temptation too because the light line is nearly as bad as no line.
MrsK19

Postby LorraineG » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:16 am

Dotty its lovely to see you popping on! Hope you're not getting too anxious now? Best of luck for the next few weeks xx
Michelle they cut the septum away while they were in there and cleared out the dead tissue etc so I'm good to go once it's healed up...10 days antibiotics and no baths, swimming, dtd etc and penny said to leave 1 af before starting to make sure lining etc is in optimal condition.
Mrsk that's good to know it didnt mess up your cycle...hopefully I'll be the same!
Much less dramatic week on here this week!!
LorraineG

Postby friday2019 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:37 pm

Hi everyone, regular visitor to the forum but I never post. Currently doing a fet cycle myself after 2 failed fresh ivf transfers. I stupidly messed up my dosage though. The nurse instructed me to take one fematab 4 times a day- at 8,1,5 & 9pm. I have being doing this for the last week and just discovered that on the box it says take 2 tablets four times a day. I’m in bits. So upset. The information sheet I was give said to take one tablet (2mg) four times daily but then the box says take 2 (1mg) four times daily. So mad now I messed it up and afraid the fet will be cancelled. I had one tablet four times daily in my head from both the nurse and the doctor and I checked the info sheets before starting. So I’ve been taking 4mg instead of 8 mg daily. Meant to be in Tuesday for a scan. In tears here. Afraid everything will be pushed back another month or two. Any advise much appreciated. This journey really does suck.
friday2019

Postby Michelle81 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:45 pm

Welcome Fridayfun, it's lovely to have you join us! I was on Fematab too but can't remember the dose, I'll check for you tmrw but just wanted to say don't panic yet. If the nurse and doctor said to take 1 then I'm sure you're ok. They know what they're at. I can't remember taking two to be honest. The scan will tell you more on Tuesday but if you want, ring the clinic tmrw and ask them!
Michelle81

Postby friday2019 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:53 pm

Thanks for your reply Michelle. I think the pharmacy must of gave me the 1mg ones not the 2mgs ones. I’m meant to be taking 8mgs a day of the fematab in total but have been only taking 4mg. And I started last Thursday. If the pharmacist just brought it to my attention this wouldn’t of happened. I’m so peed off...and half blaming myself too. I took the info sheet out to check all before I started. And it did say take one (2mg) fematab four times daily. Little did I know the pharmacy have given me the 1mg ones. And I pulled the tablets out of the box and got started. Grrrr.
friday2019

Postby LorraineG » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:27 am

Oh Friday...that's soooooo irritating. They should definitely have told you they were 1mg not 2mg. I'd double check what was on the prescription and go back and have words! I could be wrong but with FET you might be ok to just extend treatment rather than cancel as its lining related and ovaries are down regulated? You're only a week in so maybe sorting it now will be ok. Email or phone the nurse today and hopefully they'll be able to put your mind at ease. Fingers crossed!
LorraineG

Postby LorraineG » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:21 pm

How you holding up today Sarah? Are you keeping yourself occupied?
Did you get sorted with your oestrogen Friday2019?
LorraineG

Postby Sarah83 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:43 pm

Funny Lorraine I actually am not tempted yet to test (am only the equivalent to 9dpo) & I cant see that changing for a few days yet, i hope! This time im actually terrified to test! I want a definite answer rather than agonising over lines tbh...how are u feeling? X
Sarah83

Postby LorraineG » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:10 pm

That's great your not tempted yet! The longer the better! I completely get the fear...hold out as long as you can!
I'm good...still wrecked from the hysto and antibiotics are knocking me a bit but I feel really good and positive! Long may it last!! Trying to think up some activities for the next few weeks so it doesn't drag like the summer did!
LorraineG

Postby Sarah83 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:19 pm

I always find it takes the guts of a week to get over a general anaesthetic and on top of that you had fairly big surgery so its to be expected you feel wrecked! Rest as much as you can for the weekend. Im delighted you are feeling so positive and so you should. There was a major link missing for ye getting & staying pregnant which has now been resolved. Thats major like!! But yes you will need to make plans to keep busy until you go again. Nice spa days, walks, lunches with friends etc! Enjoy it all while you can cos you could be pretty sick for a few months from Nov!!!
Sarah83

Postby LorraineG » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:37 pm

I really feel like we've crossed a huge barrier...there's no stopping us now!! I'll definitely be enjoying those kinds of things while I can!
LorraineG

Postby Sarah83 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:01 pm

Definitely Lorraine!!!
Sarah83

Postby Michelle81 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:56 pm

Very frustrating Friday! I would definitely ring the cl8nic and ask, it may not be too late. I did an extra day on my last cycle so you might be able to do the same.
Michelle81

Postby Michelle81 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:38 pm

Sarah I felt exactly the same on my last cycle. I didn't want to test until there could be no doubt! Hope you can stick it out another couple of days!
Lorraine this is so huge for ye. Definitely plan nice things over the next few weeks, ye could be so close now!
Michelle81

Postby MrsK19 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:27 am

Welcome Friday. That is ridic that they didn't make it clear they were giving you 1 instead of 2mg ones! As the others said get onto your clinic and see if you can get sorted. Hope you get it worked out in time for this cycle.
MrsK19

PreviousNext

Return to TTC with Assistance